Just spent two weeks in Laos [PICS]

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing. It's right next to my homeland. I love everything except the humidity. Did you see any Westernization aka balling out? The line between poverty and the wealthy is extremely clear in that part of the world.

South East Asian wimmunz are very appreciated 

For real :pimp:

Dope pics Dingle...
...never had frog - how'd it taste?

Like chicken :lol: not bad

thats great bruh hope to see some of laos one day. How long did you stay there?

Two weeks, but I'll move there for two years in November

lol its prolly a lil business that when the whites come they invite em over just like some anthony bourdain type of ****... lol i know i wouldnt want some random white dude in my house if i was Laos

:lol: They were the family of my Lao language teacher and couldn't have been nicer. Also believe it or not many white people make excellent houseguests

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing. It's right next to my homeland. I love everything except the humidity. Did you see any Westernization aka balling out? The line between poverty and the wealthy is extremely clear in that part of the world.

There were Bentleys and S classes, but the poverty wasn't as extreme as I expected. India was much worse

Great pics, I love Laos. had the pleasure to go to Vientiane and Vang Vieng in Laos not too long ago. I recommend everyone to go to Vang Vieng. Really wanted to head north into Luang Prabang but did not want to take a long bus ride. Dont wanna thread jack but since this is a Laos thread ill share a few of my pics too. I pretty much ate khao piak (a delicious rice noodle chicken soup), khao phat (fried rice), and pad thai all the time when I was there...food was so cheap and delicious and so was the BeerLao :smokin

in Vang Vieng...it was like I was in a COD game or something lol

explored some crazy caves while in VV

had to climb up a steep and sketchy stairway

creepy cave

found some monks while inside the cave

during 450th anniversary of the capital

Lady in traditional Laotian clothing

Last edited:
Sick pics man. I didn't make it to VV but I have heard some great things. Next time you have to go to Luang Prabang it was the truth!

how'd you get hooked up with a homestay? i'm going to be out in the SE section of the orient and i would love to be hanging with some natives left and right. nice pics man. looks fun.

Immersing yourself in a foreign culture >*

Proud of you! :lol: Before it's all said and done I'm going to do a teaching abroad program. Gotta homeboy in China doing that right now :smh: Living the dream.

Immersing yourself in a foreign culture >*
Proud of you! :lol: Before it's all said and done I'm going to do a teaching abroad program. Gotta homeboy in China doing that right now :smh: Living the dream.
That's not a really glory dream. I know folks who are in Korea and China right now teaching. They got their BS and wanted to 'hang out' for a while. Even the pay at the higher ranking private schools aren't that much. More or less, it's a dead end job because a lot of graduates from the US and UK in their mid 20s who want to do the same thing are plenty. It's great to do for a year or two to expand your cultural awareness, but I wouldn't make a career out of it.

That's not a really glory dream. I know folks who are in Korea and China right now teaching. They got their BS and wanted to 'hang out' for a while. Even the pay at the higher ranking private schools aren't that much. More or less, it's a dead end job because a lot of graduates from the US and UK in their mid 20s who want to do the same thing are plenty. It's great to do for a year or two to expand your cultural awareness, but I wouldn't make a career out of it.

1. where did I say he was making a career out of it?
2. Idk what your friends are going through, but my friend has told me nothing but GOOD things about his trip thus far, as well as his school.
3. I said clearly I wanted to do a "teach abroad program", meaning it would be short
4. money isn't a factor

People's dreams are different--- may not be YOUR dream but living and teaching in a foreign country (especially a growing power like China) would be a dream for me, if for no other reason to compare education systems.

Thanks for the input though ! :D

Great photos.

Thanks for sharing with us.

smokin.gif

thanks for sharing OP.

Definitely would be down to visis Laos, but for whatever reason...i always imagine Laos to be a dangerous country :nerd: :lol:

I'm feeling this. I've been debating taking like 2 months off work and hitting up Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, and whatever else I can get in here

nthat.gif
nthat.gif

Sounds like you had a good time.  Living in SEA myself right now, its definitely a dope place to be. 

Back
Top Bottom