Just re-watched the Pursuit of Happyness....got me so emotionally invested...FML/FTW?

Originally Posted by YaBoyDiddy

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Originally Posted by Air ih Zona

Originally Posted by GrimlocK
What feels most striking about this film is not its truth or accuracy, at least not in a technical sense.  Rather, it's that the film does not seek blame or create unfounded obstacles for the character - particularly racial ones - instead enabling Smith's triumph as a personal one unencumbered by social or political context.  Ultimately, this isn't the story of a black man learning how to succeed in a white world, or a poor person becoming a rich boss, but the achievement of one man who looked past the litany of obstacles to which he could have easily surrendered.  The fact that no one in the film looks down on him because of his sometimes unkempt look, much less the color of his skin, is a testament to the unfiltered purity of the real Gardner's story, and what makes the movie accessible to all audiences and loved by OP
Damn my dude...you really broke it down. I can honestly say that is one of the most well put, insightful, interesting posts I have ever seen on Niketalk, and i'm not even being sarcastic. You really made me see the movie in a whole different light. Great post bro 
4db35e0de5d0c52fc7030ab7e7a7ca35a4af841.gif

He really did put the ill summation bow on this movie
roll.gif

That reflection sounded like an official review
laugh.gif
I thought it was till I got to the OP part lol. Very well said.

MR J 858 wrote:
If you watch the special feature. They interview the real life Chris Gardner and he said it was to much for him to handle and he had to step away while they filmed that part in the movie.

damn...

thats crazy to even shoot that scene with your real life son...
frown.gif

MR J 858 wrote:
If you watch the special feature. They interview the real life Chris Gardner and he said it was to much for him to handle and he had to step away while they filmed that part in the movie.

damn...

thats crazy to even shoot that scene with your real life son...
frown.gif

I went to a "Power Within" seminar, where he was one of the guest speakers ( speakers for that day included, Frank Abignale, Andre Agassi, Martha Stewart).

The real story was even a more difficult experience for him. His son at that moment in his life was just an infant. And that bathroom scene - they stayed there multiple nights. So imagine caring for an infant in that situation.

Mad respect, very down to earth guy....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

His intro was... "This man lives in a townhouse filled with designer suits...."

I went to a "Power Within" seminar, where he was one of the guest speakers ( speakers for that day included, Frank Abignale, Andre Agassi, Martha Stewart).

The real story was even a more difficult experience for him. His son at that moment in his life was just an infant. And that bathroom scene - they stayed there multiple nights. So imagine caring for an infant in that situation.

Mad respect, very down to earth guy....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

His intro was... "This man lives in a townhouse filled with designer suits...."

I love the interview scene and Chris (Will Smith) replies "He must've had some really nice pants." got 
laugh.gif

glad it was showing on tv tonight 

I love the interview scene and Chris (Will Smith) replies "He must've had some really nice pants." got 
laugh.gif

glad it was showing on tv tonight 

Back
Top Bottom