Just Don x Air Jordan 2

man, this release is cringeworthy. this "game" has become downright scary. between these and the frags i'm really just at a loss for words. i understood the yeezy madness. but this, i just don't get. i can't say i'm surprised the hats sold out, but the fact that they did just confirms that things are way outta hand and with social media and the way consumers are showing that they don't care what prices are thrown at them, that they'll cop anyway NO MATTER WHAT just iterates that things are only gonna get worse.

it really sucks for those regular folks who really like the shoes and just wanna rock them (this is not me, i never liked these from the jump). the business models and marketing strategies, the blatant and flagrant greed consistently shown by nike and many other companies/corporations is a real turn off at this point and let's me know that it's pretty much time to just opt out altogether while i still have some self respect left.

i'd like to think we're all much smarter than this.

oh just shut the **** up about this **** already
is real. you missed it thas it 
[h1]if you really want the shoe...[/h1][h1]"YOU GOTTA PAY THE COST.... TO BE THE BOSS" CONCEPT[/h1]
Nike don't want some kid complaining that they missed out... They focusing on those who can get it regardless @ retail or flip. Those who cop. will market their product for free

so boss up lil ***** 

Last edited:
I would say I don't like the shoes at all

But I'd probably just end up getting called a "Broke Boy Who can't afford them"

I will say

Who ever cops will you rock or stock?

^rocked every single pair I own, and I've got much better releases than these...so these would be no exception. But I'm probably the minority'....realistically most pairs will sit in the boxes and garner likes/props when need be.

This is a great move by Just Don

But I really feel as a company they have dropped the ball so much on so many things. So much they could've done with this brand that they have yet to do. Feel like by the time they do it, it'll be too late for them.

man, this release is cringeworthy. this "game" has become downright scary. between these and the frags i'm really just at a loss for words. i understood the yeezy madness. but this, i just don't get. i can't say i'm surprised the hats sold out, but the fact that they did just confirms that things are way outta hand and with social media and the way consumers are showing that they don't care what prices are thrown at them, that they'll cop anyway NO MATTER WHAT just iterates that things are only gonna get worse.

it really sucks for those regular folks who really like the shoes and just wanna rock them (this is not me, i never liked these from the jump). the business models and marketing strategies, the blatant and flagrant greed consistently shown by nike and many other companies/corporations is a real turn off at this point and let's me know that it's pretty much time to just opt out altogether while i still have some self respect left.

i'd like to think we're all much smarter than this.
These shoes are not for Regular folks

These are for SPECIAL FOLKS who SPEND $10000000 of dollars on Kicks and wear them MAYBE 5 times a year!

HELLO?

#SNEAKERHEADS

wait... those are the $500 hats? you got to be kidding me. those are probably worth all of 50 dollars at most
That's good snakeskin doe!
nthat.gif

I don't know what the general consensus on these are but personally, I think they're are ugly as ****. The color, the material and design. It just looks wrong to me, I'm not a big fan of the Jordan II to begin with but these just destroy the silhouette. 

oh my god.. those clothes are garbage. The jeans may be wearable but everything else looks like toddlers gear

Pass! never was a fan of 2's :x Appreciate the quality on the materials used though. :smokin Wish this was what Jordan Brand meant with their "remastered" Jordans. :smh:

wait... those are the $500 hats? you got to be kidding me. those are probably worth all of 50 dollars at most
The brim and adjustable strap on the back are made of genuine python. Not saying it's worth $500 but that's the main reason for the markup

It's a Chicago thing. The history behind the hats. Hard to explain.

But yeah copping the jacket gets you a reserved pair as well.

These shoes are not for Regular folks

These are for SPECIAL FOLKS who SPEND $10000000 of dollars on Kicks and wear them MAYBE 5 times a year!

HELLO?

#SNEAKERHEADS
exactly these are for rappers and celebs or upper echelon. most regular people will resell immediately or let sit in closet and resell later lol

The origin of the hats in the first place weren't for regular folks to begin with. It's a play on a 90's- early 00's brand from the crib called "Buck-Fifty" the hats were always gaudy made Out've different exotic materials and ish. I remember always wanting one as a teen, but they were $150. Only the dope boys could afford that or athletes on the Bulls/Bears.

Don took a play on it, and payed homage, it's been rocking ever since then. It's still a piece Thats not for everyone price point wise and style wise. Still the #1 customers on 80% of his products are dope boys. This whole drop is Chicago inspired tbh. From the materials used on the jacket, to the leather on the crowns, he knew he couldn't just make a regular upper Don, he had to take it back to the late 80's-Early 90's with the leather flickin, to even making people cop the hat/jacket to reserve their 2's, it's a mom and Pop classic.

It ain't trickin if you got it.

The origin of the hats in the first place weren't for regular folks to begin with. It's a play on a 90's- early 00's brand from the crib called "Buck-Fifty" the hats were always gaudy made Out've different exotic materials and ish. I remember always wanting one as a teen, but they were $150. Only the dope boys could afford that or athletes on the Bulls/Bears.

Don took a play on it, and payed homage, it's been rocking ever since then. It's still a piece Thats not for everyone price point wise and style wise. Still the #1 customers on 80% of his products are dope boys. This whole drop is Chicago inspired tbh. From the materials used on the jacket, to the leather on the crowns, he knew he couldn't just make a regular upper Don, he had to take it back to the late 80's-Early 90's with the leather flickin, to even making people cop the hat/jacket to reserve their 2's, it's a mom and Pop classic.

It ain't trickin if you got it.
yea, i'm vaguely familiar with the chi-town history of the hat, and i do think it's cool.

i've actually started to come around on the whole thing. it's a collab, limited numbers, rules are really out the window - this isn't your typical saturday release. treating it like that, you will end up salty. is the package worth 1000, nah, but it's a special little treat.

i do agree that it does add to what's already becoming a scary landscape. people losing their religion for yeezy's and frags, going all out for GOF and now this. it's showing companies that you can do something exclusive, pair it with some garbage, charge a grip, and still sell out. remember defining moments package - we got a dope 6 and 11 outta that, now you get a pantone 11 and mj's latest garbage.

I truly genuinely only expect the lames and super hypebeast to try and pull off the entire fit as it's designed.

I know damn well I won't be :rofl: :rofl:

That matchy/Matchy ish been out the window for a while now..... Or so I thought?

I'll throw a different don on and still get it off

While I'm not personally a fan, I do appreciate that it seems those who want these are easily able to get them. Taken the resale game away by charging that resale price out the door.

Back
Top Bottom