Just cracked iPhone screen. Vol #*%+

jbpkickz

Banned
so I jus demolished my 4s screen, I have insurance but does that mean I can get a new one for free or is it like a deductible, could I just buy a 4 for 99 or can I only get a 4s , anybody had to before?

More than likely you have a deductible. You could go to the Apple store and be honest with a genius and they may replace it free of charge. Just a thought.

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

More than likely you have a deductible. You could go to the Apple store and be honest with a genius and they may replace it free of charge. Just a thought.

If that doesnt work, a lot of places can repair cracked screens from around $50-$80 bucks

Originally Posted by bonafide125

If you live in NYC you can pay a repair shop about $60 to fix the screen.

Can u recommend any good places? Cracked my screen the other day too

thanks for the help, I'm in Baltimore foreal, I think ima try the apple store, if I ain't got AppleCare u think they can still help me

Originally Posted by jbpkickz

thanks for the help, I'm in Baltimore foreal, I think ima try the apple store, if I ain't got AppleCare u think they can still help me

Im in PG County...I know there is a place out in Arundel Mills I beleive if not I know somewhere in Baltimore/Columbia/or Annapolis can fix it

yeah I know the place you talkin. bout ima check them out cuz i can't fade the 200 for a phone right now

most mom and pop phone shops charge between 50-100 to fix. and i thought with apple care apple will fix your crack screen one time for you?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

most mom and pop phone shops charge between 50-100 to fix. and i thought with apple care apple will fix your crack screen one time for you?

no, and tell all your friends thats not true.
apple genius bars dont "fix" phones, they replace them with a new device.

$100 for a 3gs

$149 for an iphone 4 or 4s

If you don't have AppleCare from what I've heard your %@%% out of luck. Find a small spot that will do it for $60-100. If not you can always learn how to do it yourself but I wouldn't risk it if I were you

dam ya got some terrible customer service
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by culturecarnage

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

no, and tell all your friends thats not true.
apple genius bars dont "fix" phones, they replace them with a new device.

$100 for a 3gs

$149 for an iphone 4 or 4s

Basically, cost more to fix than replace. apples got it made

Originally Posted by jbpkickz

I have insurance but does that mean I can get a new one for free or is it like a deductible, 
where do u have insurance? phone carrier? apple? best buy?

You would probably get better answers if you called apple or your phone company... im just sayin

Same thing happened to me, go to the apple store and act sorry. It's a 4S, so it's been under a year so you should be covered IF they feel like doing it, since it's damage it varies..
I went to Bethesda Row and was told they don't do swaps, but since it was my first time cracking the screen or getting it damaged they'll do it.
Try your luck, if an apple store doesn't do it, try the next.
Besides if you go to a kiosk to get it repaired, they'll change the retina display to a LCD display.. lower quality graphics bruh
Good luck

Back
Top Bottom