Jose Bautista...

I'm all for accusing a player for a division rival being on the PED's and he might be but he tweaked his swing a bit last September and has not looked back. I think it has more to do with that IMO. That small tick upwards with the bat that he did last year was the best thing that could happen to him. He may not hit 50 again next year but I wouldn't be surprised to see another 35-40 HR season.

I hate to keep coming back to this but Davey Johnson hit 43 HR after only hitting 5 the year before. IN 1973.

In fact you can find scientific studies that say that the impact of steroids on hitting home runs is negligible. In fact Eric Wright has argued that steroids don't really directly help you hit home runs at all, and that power levels have always steadily risen throughout the history of baseball.
http://steroids-and-baseball.com/

It's easy to make simple connections, a child can do that but if you take a minute to educate your self on the subject it's not all as cut and dry as y'all make it out to be.

another thing, If Anderson and Gonzalez were using roids(which they probabaly were), if steroids are this magic formula that turn you into babe ruth, why to only do it for one year? They didn't KEEP doing it? And if they did how did they fall of a cliff, and don't say testing because there is no scientifically viable test for HGH.
laugh.gif

I hate to keep coming back to this but Davey Johnson hit 43 HR after only hitting 5 the year before. IN 1973.

In fact you can find scientific studies that say that the impact of steroids on hitting home runs is negligible. In fact Eric Wright has argued that steroids don't really directly help you hit home runs at all, and that power levels have always steadily risen throughout the history of baseball.
http://steroids-and-baseball.com/

It's easy to make simple connections, a child can do that but if you take a minute to educate your self on the subject it's not all as cut and dry as y'all make it out to be.

another thing, If Anderson and Gonzalez were using roids(which they probabaly were), if steroids are this magic formula that turn you into babe ruth, why to only do it for one year? They didn't KEEP doing it? And if they did how did they fall of a cliff, and don't say testing because there is no scientifically viable test for HGH.
laugh.gif

OK....sorry for the DCAA-"esque" thread bump, but dude hit 3 bombs today...

Combined HRs between last season and this year = 68
eek.gif

if it looks like a duck....

I'm sorry, but u don't just figure out how to become a power hitter this late in your career with a DRASTIC increase in performance. It's only a matter of time before he gets caught.

OK....sorry for the DCAA-"esque" thread bump, but dude hit 3 bombs today...

Combined HRs between last season and this year = 68
eek.gif

if it looks like a duck....

I'm sorry, but u don't just figure out how to become a power hitter this late in your career with a DRASTIC increase in performance. It's only a matter of time before he gets caught.

My logic is simply impenetrable on this one, it would be silly to assume that it is steroids.
Just because you are uninformed about what makes a duck a duck doesn't make it a duck....uh..yeah.

280px-001U4334_Jos%C3%A9_Bautista.jpg
jose-bautista-pirates-1-sept-2010.jpg

Looks the same size to me.
nerd.gif

I don't buy the steroids, not enough evidence.

EDIT:

Actually no evidence really.

My logic is simply impenetrable on this one, it would be silly to assume that it is steroids.
Just because you are uninformed about what makes a duck a duck doesn't make it a duck....uh..yeah.

nerd.gif

EDIT:

Originally Posted by Proshares

I'm all for accusing a player for a division rival being on the PED's and he might be but he tweaked his swing a bit last September and has not looked back. I think it has more to do with that IMO. That small tick upwards with the bat that he did last year was the best thing that could happen to him. He may not hit 50 again next year but I wouldn't be surprised to see another 35-40 HR season.

It ain't PED's.  When you start swinging with more of an uppercut, this is what happens.

Originally Posted by Proshares

It ain't PED's.  When you start swinging with more of an uppercut, this is what happens.

I really am surprised this dude has been able to keep it up. I really thought he was gonna be Brady Anderson pt. 2.

I really am surprised this dude has been able to keep it up. I really thought he was gonna be Brady Anderson pt. 2.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

nerd.gif

EDIT:

Raffy was jacked also...oh wait, no he wasn't. 

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

nerd.gif

EDIT:

Raffy was jacked also...oh wait, no he wasn't. 

Back
Top Bottom