Jordans Size changes??

I think they have definitely been bigger than they used to be.....I've always worn a 10.5 and been getting 10's.

less cushion, less and different material used overall i'd assume

i can only speak for retros tho

less cushion, less and different material used overall i'd assume

i can only speak for retros tho

my white red xiiis are a 10.5, and they are still a bit big. I always get an 11. I should have gotten a 10.5 in cool greys too. Are the molds different? Even my nubuck 12's from 09 are a true size 11, and my rising suns are HUGE! +!@ jb?

I dont think the padding and cushioning makes that big of a difference in fit. what shoes have cushioning in the toe box anyway. I could understand cushioning in the ankle area would change a fit though.

my white red xiiis are a 10.5, and they are still a bit big. I always get an 11. I should have gotten a 10.5 in cool greys too. Are the molds different? Even my nubuck 12's from 09 are a true size 11, and my rising suns are HUGE! +!@ jb?

I dont think the padding and cushioning makes that big of a difference in fit. what shoes have cushioning in the toe box anyway. I could understand cushioning in the ankle area would change a fit though.

kopNkicks wrote:
I agree with different sizes for different models...but all Jays seem to be running .5 size big over the last year or so.

Starting with the XII's in 09, VI's, XIII's, this years III's and even the Cool Grey XI's from this past Christmas fit a lil roomier than the Space Jams.

I personally think JB is finally catering to our complaints a lil. Jays have always run really narrow IMO now they feel just right.
Here's my experience.  Tried on Pistons VIs in 11.5 (normally wear 12s...have for well over a decade)  and could not tolerate'em.  Pissed too, cuz there were no 12s only one 11.5 and they were under $100, A-grade at Nike.  Passed on'em and bought Oreos in a 12 a month later, fit is right on with length, just like my '97 Team IIs that are 12s and 14+ years old.

My 2nd fav J is the VIII.  I have 4 pair including the Low Blk/reds.  Bought that in a 13 and I could walk out of it (selling those literally right now on eBay...closes at 7PM PST) so I replaced them with 11.5s They fit true to the 90's & early 2000s Nikes, so the toes are tight but I like the narrower width.  I have Playoffs, Aquas & Peapods as well. The Playoffs are 12s and have extra room.  The Peapods & Aquas are 11.5s and fit like a glove, not too tight not too much room.  The fit Definitely changed between 2003 & 2007 at least in length.

The XX1s & XX2s I own are all 12s and fit more like a modern J = wider and more rounded toe box.  I could not go smaller on those or it'd cramp the big toes.  Last week, I bought a pair of Bo Knows 2010 SC Trainers in wheat leather and went down to an 11.5 to get a perfect fit (swimmin in 12s) but bought a pair of sz 12 AirMax '95s the same day and couldn't fit the 11.5s, so bought my standard size.

Given all that, I'd say it depends on the specific shoe as well as year released.  I really miss the way J's used to fit cuz I have the narrowest feet of anyone I've ever met (A-to-B width at the widest point).  I also have large, big toes so the more pointed toe box like on older '90's J's are really missed.  I always wanted Js as a kid cuz they fit me better than any other B-ball shoe but were out of range to afford with my foot changing sizes every year up until age 17.  14 years later, I'm finally able to get my favs but they messed w/the fit for a more "average" foot, which sux for me.  Nice thing about narrow feet tho, is they fit into anything...there's no such thing as too narrow w/my "skis" below my ankles.  Gives me that much more reason to buy OG instead of retro!  OG XIs comin to my door this week! Score & one to scratch off the Holy Grail list.
smokin.gif

kopNkicks wrote:
I agree with different sizes for different models...but all Jays seem to be running .5 size big over the last year or so.

Starting with the XII's in 09, VI's, XIII's, this years III's and even the Cool Grey XI's from this past Christmas fit a lil roomier than the Space Jams.

I personally think JB is finally catering to our complaints a lil. Jays have always run really narrow IMO now they feel just right.
Here's my experience.  Tried on Pistons VIs in 11.5 (normally wear 12s...have for well over a decade)  and could not tolerate'em.  Pissed too, cuz there were no 12s only one 11.5 and they were under $100, A-grade at Nike.  Passed on'em and bought Oreos in a 12 a month later, fit is right on with length, just like my '97 Team IIs that are 12s and 14+ years old.

My 2nd fav J is the VIII.  I have 4 pair including the Low Blk/reds.  Bought that in a 13 and I could walk out of it (selling those literally right now on eBay...closes at 7PM PST) so I replaced them with 11.5s They fit true to the 90's & early 2000s Nikes, so the toes are tight but I like the narrower width.  I have Playoffs, Aquas & Peapods as well. The Playoffs are 12s and have extra room.  The Peapods & Aquas are 11.5s and fit like a glove, not too tight not too much room.  The fit Definitely changed between 2003 & 2007 at least in length.

The XX1s & XX2s I own are all 12s and fit more like a modern J = wider and more rounded toe box.  I could not go smaller on those or it'd cramp the big toes.  Last week, I bought a pair of Bo Knows 2010 SC Trainers in wheat leather and went down to an 11.5 to get a perfect fit (swimmin in 12s) but bought a pair of sz 12 AirMax '95s the same day and couldn't fit the 11.5s, so bought my standard size.

Given all that, I'd say it depends on the specific shoe as well as year released.  I really miss the way J's used to fit cuz I have the narrowest feet of anyone I've ever met (A-to-B width at the widest point).  I also have large, big toes so the more pointed toe box like on older '90's J's are really missed.  I always wanted Js as a kid cuz they fit me better than any other B-ball shoe but were out of range to afford with my foot changing sizes every year up until age 17.  14 years later, I'm finally able to get my favs but they messed w/the fit for a more "average" foot, which sux for me.  Nice thing about narrow feet tho, is they fit into anything...there's no such thing as too narrow w/my "skis" below my ankles.  Gives me that much more reason to buy OG instead of retro!  OG XIs comin to my door this week! Score & one to scratch off the Holy Grail list.
smokin.gif

It's common to need different sizes among the different models & occasionally within the same model depending on materials used to make them. As far as XIII's go I find they run small for me. I wear size 12 in many Jordans but need 12.5 to 13 in XIII.

It's common to need different sizes among the different models & occasionally within the same model depending on materials used to make them. As far as XIII's go I find they run small for me. I wear size 12 in many Jordans but need 12.5 to 13 in XIII.

Same for me I got the fire red V in a 12.5 and they fit perfect but my raging bull packs are a sz 12 and are also a great fit

Same for me I got the fire red V in a 12.5 and they fit perfect but my raging bull packs are a sz 12 and are also a great fit

This has happened with my 13s too. Both my white/red and playoffs are size 11. but for some reason my white/red pair fits me a little too big and the playoffs fit me just right.

This has happened with my 13s too. Both my white/red and playoffs are size 11. but for some reason my white/red pair fits me a little too big and the playoffs fit me just right.

Back
Top Bottom