Jordan XVII Low University Blue - August 28, 2024

Those were the retro+ though. The reverse lightning lows and the Trophy rooms sold really well, granted they were both collabs.
Coppers were OGs though:

IMG_3808.jpeg

The 17s bring such bad memories for me. After the first time seeing all the Jordan’s 1-16 I remember feeling blown away and the first time seeing the 17s I was meh…Then watching MJ play in them 😑. I try to forget this part of the story line.

You’re right retail was $250 which in my opinion was a worse value. Quality wasn’t coming close to what the Lightning rero quality was, also I much prefer the briefcase over the dingy black Jordan box with the gold Jumpman.
None of those releases originally came in the briefcase box though so that is not authentic to the OG release.

You’re right retail was $250 which in my opinion was a worse value. Quality wasn’t coming close to what the Lightning rero quality was, also I much prefer the briefcase over the dingy black Jordan box with the gold Jumpman.

Even without the suitcase, 17s are notoriously expensive to manufacture because of how complicated the shoe itself is.

This whole business about how expensive they are to make ... I don't entirely buy it. What does that mean, instead of costing $15 to manufacture, they cost $25? Or something like that, whatever the actual numbers are?It's not like they cost $100+ to make. Nike just guns for huge profit margins.

This whole business about how expensive they are to make ... I don't entirely buy it. What does that mean, instead of costing $15 to manufacture, they cost $25? Or something like that, whatever the actual numbers are?It's not like they cost $100+ to make. Nike just guns for huge profit margins.
You’re not wrong, I should say 17s are notoriously expensive to manufacture, relative to other retros from the brand (esp. earlier retros with less tech).

The retro of these was super cheeks 😂🤣😭
From 2016? A few years ago, maybe 2020, they were on stock for like $100 in my size so I just grabbed em. Even with that wild low price the poor quality stood out to me on those but still solid value

I need these carolinas (for retail) theyre speaking to me

Back
Top Bottom