Jordan XI '72-10' Release Date: 12/12/15

True and back then how giid your tandem was usually determined how far you went. Todays player may have better overall athletic skill but they lack alot of things that made past generations greater. Unlike the rest of the world, in sports the more you go back in time, the better the players were.

Last edited:
Y'all must not follow the NBA today then. Teams are doing triple superstars if possible now instead of doubles.

Michael Cooper, Horace Grant, Del Curry, Doc Rivers, Reggie Theus, Cedric Ceballos, Harold Miner, Ron Harper, Drazen Petrovich, Detliff Schrempf, Mark Price, Danny Ainge, Kevin McHale, Dan Majerle, Craig Hodges, Rick Smit, Tim Hardaway, Jeff Hornaceck, Maurice Cheeks, Dale Ellis, Craig Ehlo, John Paxson, John Starks, Robert Horry, Sam Cassell, Terry Porter, Jerome Kersey, Mark Jackson, Charles Oakley, Michael Thompson, Dennis Rodman, ETC...

These were all just SOME role players, c'mon man. Show me your list from the 2000's through today!? [emoji]129300[/emoji]

I'll wait [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

I hate the comparisons against the generations. Its really not quantifiable. There are rule changes that effect the game as well as evolution. The game is less physical but you can't say if that soul negate say a Steph Currys ability. It always winds up sounding like 'I used to walk to school in the snow, both ways'

Y'all must not follow the NBA today then. Teams are doing triple superstars if possible now instead of doubles.
No. I watch faithfully the best team in the NBA which are the Warriors have two super stars Steph and Klay. The Spurs are the only team with more than two superstars many of which are veterans. And the Spurs are the #2 team in the NBA.
Todays NBA is more predictable as well. The Spurs and Warriors and whoever wins the Western Conference finals between them will win the NBA finals. Match-ups were also better back then. Now coaches will not put a Steph Curry vs CP3 for fear of injury. Back then Iverson vs jordan or jordan vs Hardaway are what ppl lived for.

No. I watch faithfully the best team in the NBA which are the Warriors have two super stars Steph and Klay. The Spurs are the only team with more than two superstars many of which are veterans. And the Spurs are the #2 team in the NBA.
Todays NBA is more predictable as well. The Spurs and Warriors and whoever wins the Western Conference finals between them will win the NBA finals. Match-ups were also better back then. Now coaches will not put a Steph Curry vs CP3 for fear of injury. Back then Iverson vs jordan or jordan vs Hardaway are what ppl lived for.

Only klay and Steph?
And only the Spurs have more than 2 superstars?

I'm done.

This is my take on the whole thing.

NBA players today are bigger, stronger, and more athletic than yesteryear. However, the players now do not think of the NBA of how the players used to think of it. The NBA is now seen among todays players as a platform to develop their brand. Ironically Jordan has the best brand recognition because of his play. Players are making a ton of money and don't feel the need to put in the extra mile.

NBA players of previous decades are more developed from a skill standpoint because of the need to put in the extra work. Hard work of this era is different of hard work of the previous era. Guys from the previous era also had a different mentality towards the game. Not only are they 100% about basketball, they were also more aggressive. This aggressiveness translated into rougher basketball. When I think of the 90's I just remember seeing players always try to dunk on someone and go hard for a block. Now 7' footers are content with a layup and if a guy is on his way to the basket he may not go up for it because he "doesn't want to be Instagram" or whatever social media platform.

Tl;DR : Players from the 90's are more skilled, the players today are more athletic.

Only klay and Steph?

I'm done.

Who else is talked about as a superstar on the Warriors? My definition of a superstar is the player the team builds around and irreplaceable. Draymond Green is NOT I repeat NOT a superstar, he's replaceable and he's not even a star player in my eyes. He's a solid role player that is equivalent to a modern day more consistent Robert Horry.

AND how many splash brothers are there? 2 if there were a third superstar they would be added or given a nickname as well. The splash brothers (Steph & Klay) are the superstars of the Warriors.

Last edited:
Only klay and Steph?

I'm done.

Who else is talked about as a superstar on the Warriors? My definition of a superstar is the player the team builds around and irreplaceable. Draymond Green is NOT I repeat NOT a superstar, he's replaceable and he's not even a star player in my eyes. He's a solid role player that is equivalent to a modern day more consistent Robert Horry.

Not gonna debate anymore.

AND how many splash brothers are there? 2 if there were a third superstar they would be added or given a nickname as well. The splash brothers (Steph & Klay) are the superstars of the Warriors.
Draymond Green is extremely important to the success of that team. ​I'm fine with your first statement but there is no way that spurs have more than 2 superstars. They have 1 in Kawhi Lenord but that's it. Lamarcus Aldridge is nice but he isn't a superstar. They have great players but I wouldn't get that confused with superstar.

Has anyone seen these pop back up at any local shops recently FNL,HOH,FTA,etc...?Thanks
nerd.gif

Bruh said Aldridge aint a superstar? U just discredited all of ur nba knowledge right there. Also draymond this year is better than klay.

Y b pissed? Get on the grind and find a pair.

You are correct, [emoji]128181[/emoji] is one factor. The other is... I have yet to purchase from a reseller in my young career of collecting shoes.

Something about it, seems shady and less gratifying. I guess I'll get over this with time!?!?[emoji]128563[/emoji]

Y b pissed? Get on the grind and find a pair.

You are correct, [emoji]128181[/emoji] is one factor. The other is... I have yet to purchase from a reseller in my young career of collecting shoes.

Something about it, seems shady and less gratifying. I guess I'll get over this with time!?!?[emoji]128563[/emoji]

If they are selling near retail then purchasing from a reseller doesn't matter.
That's where a lot of dudes get it wrong.
Don't get gouged by a reseller but if it's pretty close to retail then it shouldn't matter.

just reviewed and see many posts about team rosters and comparing eras/players ?

thought his comment was valid based on this .... 

All-Star absolutely. Super star, not at all. ​

Who better than him at pf other than boogs n ad? He like a mini duncan nothin flashy but solid af everywhere. Thus hes a superstar

But nobody touchin that boy boogs right now to me that kid scary nice

Who better than him at pf other than boogs n ad? He like a mini duncan nothin flashy but solid af everywhere. Thus hes a superstar

But nobody touchin that boy boogs right now to me that kid scary nice
Duncan​:

5x NBA Champ

3x FInals MVP

2x MVP

15x Allstar selections

8x Defensive 1st team

Aldridge:

5x allstar

Just because he plays like Duncan doesn't mean that he is Duncan.

Championships, stats, skill, marketability are all in the formula in what constitutes a superstar. Lamarcus falls short. I am not saying that he isnt a great player and he did some good things in Portland. I have seen many Portland games.  I just think people throw out the superstar moniker out too easily.

Duncan​:

5x NBA Champ

3x FInals MVP

2x MVP

15x Allstar selections

8x Defensive 1st team

Aldridge:

5x allstar

Just because he plays like Duncan doesn't mean that he is Duncan.

Championships, stats, skill, marketability are all in the formula in what constitutes a superstar. Lamarcus falls short. I am not saying that he isnt a great player and he did some good things in Portland. I have seen many Portland games.  I just think people throw out the superstar moniker out too easily.
Duncan is so underrated by the main stream sports viewer.

Back
Top Bottom