Jordan XI '72-10' Release Date: 12/12/15

A footlocker employee out here in So Cal said the raffle for the 11s will be the week of the release. Other stores don't even know yet.
Foot Locker stores usually does their raffles Monday and Tuesday before release.

I really love the city gear videos. My only suggestion would be that my man invest in a slightly better HD camera to really capture those details and make the videos that much better. Otherwise the reviews are :pimp:. I find myself looking forward to them lol.

I think I heard Tinker say they were also inspired by his (Tinker's) lawn mower. He said he was looking out the window and saw the shiny finish on his lawn mower. I don't have the link to the video right now (I'll go find it) but I coulda swore he said that. Anyone else remember that? 

It also was inspired by MJ's convertible, the codura mesh is supposed to represent the rag top.

You're right. Inspirations for the XI included a cool looking lawnmower, the Denver international airport, cordura backpacks, and a rag top convertible.

View media item 1815558View media item 1815559

Loving the allocation numbers on the page before... I had a feeling before I even read it, that the number for these will be similar to Legend Blues or a little bit more because of the color way.

But I'm going to approach this release like I've been doing the last few years. There should be a ton of leftover unclaimed pairs. I know people will be going all over the place for raffles and wont be able to fork out $225+ each pair, if they win multiples. Two of my buddies won more than 5+ pairs last year, and only decided to pick up 2-3 each.

Last edited:
All these damn shoes and we're still doing raffles? What's the point of a raffle when retail price is up, resale market is going down, and they're getting more shoes than last year? I'm not even trying to say these won't sell, but for the reasons just stated many people aren't interested. My sister flat out told my nephew that for 227 (after tax), it ain't going to happen for him this Xmas, and he has gotten the last two. So I'm sure they'll be other people telling their kids "no".

In Vegas when there's a raffle for a high demand release, that usually tranlates to "The fix is in". Employees be on some straight shady s**t. How they pull it off or get away with it? I don't know.

I don't want to wait  all the way until the 19th, just to not get a call back, when I could've taken that same 230 and bought a pair of retros that I missed out on, right now, and have them delivered and wrapped by the 19th.

That raffle s**t caused me not have an XMAS gift in 2012. Whole family happy, and I'm salty as all hell come Christmas. If I had 25 bucks for every raffle I didn't win, I'd easliy have enough for a pair of retos and the goofy *ss lookin matchin sh*t.

Go to a few stores today and see if they know how they'll handle the release. If I'm not liking what I hear, I'll be in the market for a pair of Black Varsity-Royal penny IIs, or resonably priced White/Black/True-Red IXs.

Lol Sorry to hear that. the raffles are the only way I can get shoes these days. Don't got time to camp and online gets harder and harder. I would have missed out on so much if there were no raffles. Game changer for me because no way in hell am I going to camp for a pair of shoes or any product

Great looking shoe. Can't wait to cop got my maroons today now these. The prices are high but I don't cop every release cause I don't like every release, so the 240 after tax on top of the maroons isn't really hurting me.

My Finishline said they are stilling doing their raffle week of, even after I showed them the Company wide announcement from Finishline stating that it was on the 7th.
Stores can handle release procedures however they want to.

nthat.gif

Back
Top Bottom