Jordan x KAWS 4 Black “Cyber Monday” 11/27/17 release thread

This was the stock count for the Greys when they dropped in March. Gut feeling is that there are way more of these “F&F” Blacks based on the amount of Ws and stock on the reseller sites. Outside of the March drop for the greys I seem to remember 2000 total produced of greys or something like that
E03EBC58-0BE9-4F46-9655-063107846265.png

Probably the same amount but instead of a wider release all the pairs went to Kaws
Exactly...they literally dropped on 2 different seasonal markets. The Greys were March (income tax refund season equals a sellers market because people are willing to spend more) and November (just heading into Christmas where people have to spread the budget for gifts so therefore selling quick and cheap equaling a buyers market). I sold my pair for $1200 and probably gonna buy 2 more pairs if I can get for $7-$750 to sit on.

Probably the same amount but instead of a wider release all the pairs went to Kaws
I too feel that as well.

Think about the shops that released the greys, on top of the museum drop and the Kawsone raffle.
Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 8.43.39 AM.png

Now compare that to the actual friends and family that got seeded and evidently the Kawsone draw for the blacks.

I'm speculating that the secondary market value of the greys and blacks are either flip-flopped or just way miscalculated; solely because we've been basing our market data off of outlets like StockX, Flightclub, etc. I mean, if StockX and/or FC changes the value on the Kaws 4s from $1K to $15K (or vice versa) with just a few key strokes - we'll believe it

Kaws is at the top of the food chain for his pop art with pieces selling upwards to six figures, his Jordan 4s are well made and highly sought out; why does it feel like the value of this shoe doesn't add up in the current market?

Please chime in.

I too feel that as well.

Think about the shops that released the greys, on top of the museum drop and the Kawsone raffle.
Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 8.43.39 AM.png

Now compare that to the actual friends and family that got seeded and evidently the Kawsone draw for the blacks.

I'm speculating that the secondary market value of the greys and blacks are either flip-flopped or just way miscalculated; solely because we've been basing our market data off of outlets like StockX, Flightclub, etc. I mean, if StockX and/or FC changes the value on the Kaws 4s from $1K to $15K (or vice versa) with just a few key strokes - we'll believe it

Kaws is at the top of the food chain for his pop art with pieces selling upwards to six figures, his Jordan 4s are well made and highly sought out; why does it feel like the value of this shoe doesn't add up in the current market?

Please chime in.

If Kaws comes out and says that this was the only release and that it is more limited then the greys and gives and exact number of shoes made prices will sky rocket upwards of $1500..

Like me and others have said before if you want to cop cop now eventually people will realize the kaws drop was the only drop and prices aren’t going to go anywhere but up. More people ate than bots which is why I think we are seeing so many more people with pairs

Well, I finally pulled the trigger on a pair for 700 shipped.
I already have mine and would consider buying at that price for a double up. The quality is that good.

I like that the regular joe was able to cop and no one knows the stock numbers. It causes confusion and allows prices to fluctuate to a lower level. Once the dust settles tho, we may be looking back at these current prices like a fond memory.

for anyone that's purchased from stockx, did your blacks come with everything in the box, like the card and bag?

Like me and others have said before if you want to cop cop now eventually people will realize the kaws drop was the only drop and prices aren’t going to go anywhere but up. More people ate than bots which is why I think we are seeing so many more people with pairs
Yeah.. I find it funny that people think KAWS would go thru all this trouble to stock, store, sell and ship every single black pair only to have Nike/Jordan turn around and do it all over again. Makes no sense, look at the history of KAWS, he is not the type of artist who does things repeatedly and he is not the type of artist to put his name on something that he is not in control of. There is no way this shoe gets released again, unless it's by KAWS and soon, which I doubt.

Truthfully, I'm happy for all that were able to take advantage of the dump in price, but im also bitter that my one chance at a decent trade for OW AJ1 went out the window with it haha

Back
Top Bottom