Jordan VI... Restoration HELP (NOW W/PICS OF B4 & AFTER)

ok, so I got my grails last night. Olympic Jordan VIs
pimp.gif

I knew they were cracked and had some wear

Is there anything I can do with the crack blue paint on the midsole? ------> anglues paint?

What about the scuffing on the white leather? ------> Would white shoe polish work on covering over the scuffing?

I got the sea-glow on them as we speak, and its the very bottoms that have the horrible yellowing the side sole is looking icee still

any help?????
embarassed.gif

I would fill in the cracks with some type of caulking or something. Then paint over that. You can paint the scuff marks with paint or shoe polish. If you dothese things though they will be un wearable. Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by airjordanjack

I would fill in the cracks with some type of caulking or something. Then paint over that. You can paint the scuff marks with paint or shoe polish. If you do these things though they will be un wearable. Hope this helps.

he said the paint itself was chip and or crack,he said nothing about the midsole being cracked or flaking off. All you have to do is repaint the navy blue.Scuff marks are usally dark in color yours are prolly black or real dirty white shoe polish would not cover these. White shoe polish is very thin and seethrough so thats not gona happen. I suggest you clean them up real good,remove the scuffs best as possible and not mask them with paint only then can yourepaint them and they wont look so bad. I did a pair of these and they came out brand new

thanks bapestars, you are appreciated

i will try to post pics

8803612d15c3016f1995aac1f5033ca7d187c291.pjpg

23336aeb11250e1b1797a5d8f2fb3656731ed942.pjpg

2e1167140e15aaf13a9e66bf96432777882b2306.pjpg

I used sea-glow twice on these it seemed to help, but i could done alot better
grin.gif

what paint should i use for the blue midsole?
nerd.gif
link?

I had the same problem on my pair..I bought a navy acrylic paint from an arts and craft store then blended it with other colors to match and painted in thecracked areas..

dont do the caulking idea, that is the idemethod I posted on NT, but it makes the shoe completley unwearable on only really meant for display pieces...

Angel

the previous guy just assumed he had chunks missing from the midsole,thats why he said use caulk to fill in the parts that were missing. Those just need to berepainted

I repainted them... I got pretty close, it was a lil darker, midnight navy color...

When i put it on the shoe it was very close to being an exact match... now that it dried its a bit darker... they look good IMO, being 3 feetaway and its really not noticeable...
i didnt take care of the white parts.. i forgot to get white paint
smh.gif

I am no expert, but i am sure after a few wears i will have to re-paint as funkdoctor was saying

thanks everyone

PICS

LEFT SHOE, INSIDE
9aa365b1144b050c15c2a337ff273d18b75a0de7.pjpg

Left shoe> outside

3182666135095118a3bf2337752105ff1fa1a480.pjpg

RIGHT SHOE> Inside
9973676b18ea073c1b44a69af3d23f0e338a3c3e.pjpg

RIGHT SHOE> Outside

53f16f140d1fa2f73d3f7f75122d0d34b51d4cd6.pjpg

I cant complain bc it looks better then a cracked heel... i am gonna take a optimistic stand point and say, THESE ARE ROCKABLE!!!

they came with red laces from my buddy(former owner)

I think red laces makes them standout alot more... I work at a shoe store, and only 1 person today came in wearing red laces, and it immediately stole myattention...

and White/Red/Blue combination is a good colorway.......

eb036b1016a508b71071a131fa0033b5c11fb91a.pjpg

yes i just this made this my Recent pick up post and grail post
pimp.gif

you think white laces would look better? I havent unlaced these kicks since i got them... but white ..... mmm maybe look good

I will post more pics when i get some white acrylic paint

The red laces look terrible. It makes them look more beat than they actually are. Put a clean pair of white laces in them.

heres a tip, the paint should look a bit lighter than the portion being painted, but once it dries, it should blend right in..

i always make sure the paint is a tad bit lighter because it gets darker when it dries

Angel

Originally Posted by funkdoctor73

heres a tip, the paint should look a bit lighter than the portion being painted, but once it dries, it should blend right in..

i always make sure the paint is a tad bit lighter because it gets darker when it dries

Angel

thats one thing i noticed right away after i went with the darker color
embarassed.gif
bc the paint color was such a light blue.... You live and you learn... i only coated them once, like an idiot
tired.gif
so i will be repainting them sometime in the near future whenever i get achance to wear them.....

Thanks for all the criticism, i need some more tho
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by DunkNForce

Angel

embarassed.gif
bc the paint color was such a light blue.... You live and you learn... i only coated them once, like an idiot
tired.gif
so i will be repainting them sometime in the near future whenever i get a chance to wear them.....

nerd.gif

You've only coated them once? The paint's going to chip bro. 3-5 coats will do.

Originally Posted by Pakwan

Originally Posted by DunkNForce

Angel

embarassed.gif
tired.gif
so i will be repainting them sometime in the near future whenever i get a chance to wear them.....

nerd.gif

You've only coated them once? The paint's going to chip bro. 3-5 coats will do.

yea this was my first restore, and the color you can tell does more black then navy

but yea thats something all these kids need to know if they want to do a serious custom.... I remeber when i wasnt a member of nt in 7th grade, I had the XIbreds... Its a funny story, i took my dads credit card
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
and bought them... when they showed up on christmas eve I told them santa delivered early
roll.gif
and then i paid double the price $225. I ended up painting the midsoleblack with a sharprie and black acrylic paint.
frown.gif
idk what happened to them now
indifferent.gif

When i do coat these 5-7 times I am going to be patient with the paint mixing, and tape these more then i did last time.

Back
Top Bottom