Jordan Rookie Card Beckett Graded 10 on eBay!

laugh.gif
@ $29.99 shipping for a $80,000+ card

i had no idea they were going for this much.

i have two of them.

one is graded a 9.8 and the other an 8 (for a slightly bent corner).

I got a MJ card worth a few stacks
pimp.gif
turned up at some antique store. Bought it when i was like 12 and dropped my jaw when i saw how much they were sellingfor

Originally Posted by ABallin23

this is the rarest basketball card out there no matter what anyone says
ive only seen 1 before
i wouldnt be surprised if it went to 130k+

Rarest? No. Un-graded you can pick one up for $800-$1200 all day...

^yup. there's probably less than 3 in existence right now with a grade of 10.
great collectors piece.
Graded a 10 by BGS, this is the only one, hence why it is going for so much. There are probably 10's that are graded by not so known/cheapcompanies, but people don't want those as much....BGS is the best/strictest company.

I have a huge collection of baseball cards and I can tell you that grading and 1000's of inserts did indeed ruin the hobby. As stated in SI, Jeter had 8 RCcards in 1993. 8 years later, Pujols had 43 RC cards.... (2001 Bowman chrome auto Pujols RC graded a gem 10 goes for $25K. Considered the most prolific card inthe last century)

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

People need to understand that this is probably not some guy buying the card just to collect cards. It's probably an investment, like when someone buys art. Wayne Gretzky spent about a million on a early 1900s Honus Wagner card.

The value of this card will only get higher as time passes.
Exactly!

http://i.ebayimg.com/01/!BY1mWuQCGk~%24(KGrH****iEEjlLmfVPLBKjscy4P5g~~_35.JPG

pimp.gif

not surprised at all by the price though

Originally Posted by badjustin

can anyone expalin to me what a card with a 10 grade is?
nerd.gif

No dents on the corners whatsoever, all 4 corners have to be completely sharp, not even slightly rounded. The same with the edges. No scratches or dents, andthe centering has to be perfect, 50/50 on both left/right and top/bottom. And this set is has some centering issues.

You might as well just showcase 100 grand on your shelf.

Edit: I can just picture the guys on the shop at home network from a few years ago..THIS CARD IS A @^#$%$#%!! GEM MINT TEN! GEM MINT TEN I$#%ING SAID! YOU'LL NEVER SEE THIS AGAIN AND IT'S YOURS FOR JUST 700 EASY PAYMENTS OF $50!

Originally Posted by raptors29

It takes $30 to ship something that can go First Class?

You'd send something of worth thats 80-100K through ordinary mail 1st Class? Thats a whole new level of ghetto I dont know about
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by badjustin

can anyone expalin to me what a card with a 10 grade is?
nerd.gif

No dents on the corners whatsoever, all 4 corners have to be completely sharp, not even slightly rounded. The same with the edges. No scratches or dents, and the centering has to be perfect, 50/50 on both left/right and top/bottom. And this set is has some centering issues.
thanks!

Originally Posted by ittakesalittlebitmore

Originally Posted by raptors29

It takes $30 to ship something that can go First Class?

You'd send something of worth thats 80-100K through ordinary mail 1st Class? Thats a whole new level of ghetto I dont know about
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom