Jordan Retro V "Shanghai Shen" (China Exclusive)

Man. I'm debating if I should sell my Miami Vice(south beach) 9's for these.

I hate how there's barely any information on these.

I'm about to drop a good $600 on these.

If they come to the US... :smh::smh::smh:

I hate how there's barely any information on these.

I'm about to drop a good $600 on these.

If they come to the US... :smh::smh::smh:

Is 600 too good to be true? These looks like someone will rip my arms and legs off once they made it to the US. Like in the 1,000 smh.

Oh nvm, you mean per-ordering from KC.

Last edited:
Is 600 too good to be true? These looks like someone will rip my arms and legs off once they made it to the US. Like in the 1,000 smh.

Oh nvm, you mean per-ordering from KC.

Nah no pre-order from KC lol It's from this local consignment store in LA (Not flight club lol). I've heard nothing but good things about the store and I actually talked to the owner myself. He actually has family from Shanghai.

But I see your point with it being in the 1,000-range. I feel like once there's an official confirmation that it's Shanghai exclusive, then prices with go up

Nah no pre-order from KC lol It's from this local consignment store in LA (Not flight club lol). I've heard nothing but good things about the store and I actually talked to the owner myself. He actually has family from Shanghai.

But I see your point with it being in the 1,000-range. I feel like once there's an official confirmation that it's Shanghai exclusive, then prices with go up

You're not talking about Patrick from SS are you?

does that local cosignment ship to APO? lemme know bro or hit me up

Picking my pair up on Friday :nthat: Will post picture on Saturday

Last edited:
I've been hearing of people receiving fake pairs of these so I thought I would put up some detailed pics of some of the things to look for on a legit pair. Size/Stitching of logo, insole with (star) print and size sticker, box tag and bottom of box label. My pair Hope this helps for people wanting to purchase a pair.

* Bonus pic of my Jordan V collection :D

View media item 620452View media item 620453View media item 620454View media item 620455View media item 620456View media item 620457View media item 620458View media item 620459

Last edited:
Thanks for the picture. These shanghai look 10x harder than the laney. I might have to save up for these..

I've been hearing of people receiving fake pairs of these so I thought I would put up some detailed pics of some of the things to look for on a legit pair. Size/Stitching of logo, insole with (star) print and size sticker, box tag and bottom of box label. My pair Hope this helps for people wanting to purchase a pair.
I really like these Shanghai's, just can't bring myself to pay 7-800 for a pair though. Very nice collection, I've always wanted a pair of tokyos! You're even my size :x

Debating on whether or not to drop the $600 for these on Kicks Crew. 
mean.gif
 Part of me feels I could just be happy with the Laney's, and the other part of me feels that's a damn lie. 
roll.gif

Debating on whether or not to drop the $600 for these on Kicks Crew. :smh:  Part of me feels I could just be happy with the Laney's, and the other part of me feels that's a damn lie. :rofl:

hahaha u do it than ill do it...im still lookin for the last push

* Bonus pic of my Jordan V collection
happy.gif
Only confirms the decision I already made, I will be buying them.  NICE collection you have some real hard to find shoes in the bunch.

hahaha u do it than ill do it...im still lookin for the last push
Just dropped $320 for the Lebron/Kobe Question pack. If I dropped $600 on these I wouldn't be able to cop other Jordans I want (Laneys, Oreos, Taxis, Banned) without going over my budget. 
mean.gif
 Still want em though. May just end up saying screw it.

Last edited:
Just dropped $320 for the Lebron/Kobe Question pack. If I dropped $600 on these I wouldn't be able to cop other Jordans I want (Laneys, Oreos, Taxis, Banned) without going over my budget. :smh:  Still want em though. May just end up saying screw it.

I think if you want the Shens you should go for it now. IMO the Shen will start becoming harder to find and price will go up a lot more where all the joints later in the year you mentioned will be GRs and after market price to cop at a later date won't be bad at all and plenty will be around

Also with international only releases if you wear anything bigger than a size 10 the bigger sizes become a lot harder to find.

Man, this is going to break my policy on the max ill only spend on a shoe is 250.:smh:

I think if you want the Shens you should go for it now. IMO the Shen will start becoming harder to find and price will go up a lot more where all the joints later in the year you mentioned will be GRs and after market price to cop at a later date won't be bad at all and plenty will be around

Also with international only releases if you wear anything bigger than a size 10 the bigger sizes become a lot harder to find.
I'm considering it, as you definitely have a point. Don't wanna end up regretting that I didn't buy these like I do the Kobe 8 Fireworks/Sparks.

Back
Top Bottom