Jordan Retro 1 OG Royal returns April 1 2017

With all the inconsistent leather talk, here are the dates for my pairs:

10/18-12/10 EB (Made In China-XC)
10/20-12/30 FTL (Made In China-XC)
11/16-12/10 CH (Made in China-XC)
11/30-1/9 FTA (Made in China-XC)

I noticed the last two dates were more tumbled pairs compared to the first two dates. The first two dates happened to be pairs that were primarily smooth all around.

I also would have a pair where one foot is super tumbled, while the other is not. I could switch around foots amongst other pairs to make matching pairs with the same quality, but each shoe would have different dates & don't want that to be an issue if I ever sell/trade one of the pairs i don't favor as much.

When it comes to the Royal 17's, what seems to be the consensus for what type of pairs everyone is hoping for/wanting to keep? (Tumbled or Smooth)

Thanks

PO

With all the inconsistent leather talk, here are the dates for my pairs:

10/18-12/10 EB (Made In China-XC)
10/20-12/30 FTL (Made In China-XC)
11/16-12/10 CH (Made in China-XC)
11/30-1/9 FTA (Made in China-XC)

I noticed the last two dates were more tumbled pairs compared to the first two dates. The first two dates happened to be pairs that were primarily smooth all around.

I also would have a pair where one foot is super tumbled, while the other is not. I could switch around foots amongst other pairs to make matching pairs with the same quality, but each shoe would have different dates & don't want that to be an issue if I ever sell/trade one of the pairs i don't favor as much.

When it comes to the Royal 17's, what seems to be the consensus for what type of pairs everyone is hoping for/wanting to keep? (Tumbled or Smooth)

Thanks

PO

I would rather have a more tumble pair with rolled up laces. Either way my pair is tumble enough

Now that people are getting their hands on their pairs, it's starting to look like a mini TB3 thread with all the inconsistency talk lol. But a few mismatch pairs and no tumble/much tumble is nothing compared to the disaster that was the TB3 release lmao.

I do feel like maybe Nike was a little behind schedule for these as far as production goes?

Now that people are getting their hands on their pairs, it's starting to look like a mini TB3 thread with all the inconsistency talk lol. But a few mismatch pairs and no tumble/much tumble is nothing compared to the disaster that was the TB3 release lmao.

I do feel like maybe Nike was a little behind schedule for these as far as production goes?
didn't follow the true blue release, what made it a disaster?

There were SOME usual JB inconsistencies, it was more of people having buyers remorse for spending $200+ for a shoe that sat...then all the complaints came

Man o man I don't know where to start lol.

I say the biggest problem with that release was the mis match EP. My SNKRS pair was horrible. One shoe had thin EP lines and was light gray, while the other shoe had thick EP lines and the shade was khaki. It was way off. Nike outlet employee said YIKES when he saw what I was returning. There's people in that thread saying they looked through 15+ pairs and still couldn't match up a decent one.

Overall the craftsmanship and materials on that shoe were straight dookie. That's why it hit deep discount and sat on the shelf. OG NA couldn't save that shoe

Last edited:
Man o man I don't know where to start lol.

I say the biggest problem with that release was the mis match EP. My SNKRS pair was horrible. One shoe had thin EP lines and was light gray, while the other shoe had shoe thick EP lines and the shade was khaki. It was way off. Nike outlet employee said YIKES when he saw what I was returning. There's people in that thread saying they looked through 15+ pairs and still couldn't match up a decent one.

Overall the craftsmanship and materials on that shoe were straight dookie. That's why it hit deep discount and sat on the shelf. OG NA couldn't that shoe
oh damn, yeah the elephant print being different would be pretty noticeable. why the hell would it ever be khaki colored? that's so weird

There were SOME usual JB inconsistencies, it was more of people having buyers remorse for spending $200+ for a shoe that sat...then all the complaints came

That was Nikes worst attempt at a NA OG model as far as this whole "remastered" process they're going through. If that shoe had CM3 leather and didn't have the fufu EP, it would be as cherished as the WC3 88 even with the massive production numbers

Last edited:
anyone know what I can do to get the little air pocket wrinkle things out of the black side panel leather?

wore my pair for the first time last night and when I took them off the pockets pretty much disappeared. but then this morning they were back

so I'm pretty sure it's fixable, just don't want to mess them up. maybe like press a damp hot towel against it?

Y'all are wild when it comes to the second set of laces. Bundled, coiled, or stuffed, what difference does it make?

Y'all are wild when it comes to the second set of laces. Bundled, coiled, or stuffed, what difference does it make?

A person that's keeping them doesn't care.
A reseller does because not every buyer knows that they are packaged different and people use the lace bag to determine authenticity.

StockX sent the seller a final reminder to ship my Royals :smh: . Only been two business days though. Are these sellers that use StockX usually on point? This is my first time using them.

My royals took 3 days at least ... I wouldn't worry too much, they're supposed to find you a pair at the same price (or eat the difference) if the seller flops and there's so many pairs being resold right now. They charge the seller a penalty in these scenarios I think which offsets the cost of them buying at a potentially higher price.

I don't have the Chis but black and white 2014 are the best quality of OG 1s last 3 years. 

My ranking:

14' B/W (could probably make a case for being equal to SBB 1, but I like B/W leather more than SBB soft stuff) > SBB 1 > BT/Storm Blue/Metallic B > Banned/Royals > SBB 2/T3 > CM > YinYangs > All Star
black/white better than shattered? wow

not saying you're wrong, I've never handled SBB. but that's interesting. black whites quality is definitely underrated but damn

it's a preference.  sbb has that soft tumbled leather that feels pretty weak and delicate.  b/w seems to have the more durable leather, similar to LM's.  still don't understand the hype on sbb material.  it just has extra tumbled leather on the sail.  everything else is the same as banned and royals.  LM's the best though. 

Can't say how the leather feels on Lance Mountains since I still have all paint intact on my whites. But best leather quality is the veg tan leather on pinnacles. It's not $400 retail nice, but it's it's the best I've had on any Nike/Jordan sneaker by far.

Man so here is my whole ordeal with this drop

like a lot of people here i was able to secure a pair on SNKRS pretty much immediately when they dropped there. i copped everything was all well and good....until i got payment notification from paypal. I noticed that the shipping address was wrong. From time to time i get discount codes from nike that i never use. and since theyre useable on nike reserves i usually hook up NTers with the reserve plus discount if its something I'm not interested in and just have nike ship directly out to them. Well before ordering I didnt realize that default address was the last NTer i hooked up, and thats whos address was on my paypal confirmation. Before completely freaking out i hit up the NT homie and gave him a heads up that he may be getting my royals and of course he had no issue sending them to me once they got to him but in the mean time i get nike customer service on the phone to see if theyll change the delivery address on the order. I get a nice dude that assures me 10 times that they can do it no problem and that my order wouldnt be canceled because of it, so he pushes it through but  because i'm always skeptical of everything any customer service rep tells me i call back the following day to see if all was good and that the address was changed and id get my order. Well this customer service rep say that I can only get an address change if the new address is in the same state because UPS would just hold the package at a local UPS center. And since the center would be in a different state it would be returned to sender and i'd be refunded. So of course I tell him to cancel the address change and just let it go to the NT homie as is and id get it shipped to me afterwards. He assures me everything is okay and that the shoes will be delivered like the order originally stated. The next day I get shipping confirmation and i think everything is all good. Well a day after that I look at the tracking info and it says "The sender requested a delivery change for this package. / The package will be returned to the sender." So i call nike immediately and they tell me that the customer service rep never cancelled the address change and they called for the package back. Luckily i was able to talk to a supervisor that escalated my address change and once the warehouse gets the package they will reship it to me and my original address. The shoes are scheduled to be delivered to nike today and after speaking to another supervisor this morning he confirmed that the shoes will be shipped out to me in 1 or 2 days and ill have my shoes early next week. 

tldr; shoes shipped to wrong address, nike customer service reps fumbled on trying to get the address changed, shoes were shipped and then returned to sender, and now theyre reshipping the shoes out to me.

Yea they messed up my address too. If nike sends to the other NTer just save some time, have him make a UPS mychoice account and change the address to yours and just front him the 5 dollars for the address change

Yea they messed up my address too. If nike sends to the other NTer just save some time, have him make a UPS mychoice account and change the address to yours and just front him the 5 dollars for the address change
hopefully that wont happen again lol but yeah ill def keep that in mind

hopefully that wont happen again lol but yeah ill def keep that in mind

Yea you gotta keep it simple and not expose yourself to a possible returned order.

Back
Top Bottom