Jordan Retro 1 OG Royal returns April 1 2017

2013's are still top tier in my book. Will cop the '17's and still keep my '13's clean just like with the Black/red 1's.

I remember posting about how we wouldn't get royals again for another 10+ years..... getting used to being wrong AF

Last edited:
Nobody hating on the 2013 shadows. Maybe when the remastered comes.

They'll come out the wood work with the complaints AFTER they're announced like they have with the black and reds and royals.

Notably they'll be the ones who missed out on those also, even though they were the easiest to get.

All 2013's got ******* on once remastereds dropped.

You can't help but to feel some type of way after wearing remastereds compared to those earlier releases.

I have both and have no problems with the comfort of my 2013's.

And how many people see a half an inch dfference on your feet?

People will feel something about royals and black and reds not being smooth, but still want them, and then diss them when the next release comes.

It's not even about what other people notice.

Moreso what I notice.

I can still wear my pre-remastered 1's, but it's a big difference, to me, from the newer, more true to OG remastered models.

Last edited:

People will feel something about royals and black and reds not being smooth, but still want them, and then diss them when the next release comes.
I love the new 1s because they fit my feet better. I can wear my true size and have 0 issues wearing them

For me, comfort was definitely noticeable when comparing the 2013 and 2016 version of the blk/rd 1. I could wear the '16 all day and not feel discomfort. Couldn't say that about the '13. One of the reasons I sold them.

The remastered 1 mold is TOO comfortable, almost flimsy like. They're more comfortable then my roshe runs. I didn't think the '13's were uncomfortable and still don't think they are but I won't lie the difference is night and day.

Jordan 1s now are designed as pure lifestyle sneakers.

Super casual appeal where each previous release was closer to the "business approach" of being a performance on court option, albeit a performance option from 30 years ago.

Remasters are house shoes and I love them for that.

But they're far removed from their original intents and purposes.

I couldn't imagine playing basketball in the remastered 1's. My ankle is throbbing just thinking about it. Say what you want about 13's, but they are tanks.

I couldn't imagine playing basketball in the remastered 1's. My ankle is throbbing just thinking about it. Say what you want about 13's, but they are tanks.

They are tanks

Remastered are nice and break in much easier and quicker with the softer leather so I can see the flimsy remarks

My 13 royals are [emoji]128293[/emoji] Quality to be 13s. Much better then the black toes and b/reds from that year. Even though I liked the color better on 13 breds I sold my pair when I got 16s mostly because how uncomfortable they were compared to remastered. But I'm sure I'll keep my 13 royals they really weren't that bad

I like the 2013

I noticed the ones who normally downplay them are the ones who didn't get them

The question should be did people dislike them in 2013?

Barely sold over 250$ week of released then steadily rised after shenanigans with patent 1s being nyc exclusive then they came with every color Royals were the first Og but the Knicks were the first Nike air dropping along side Chicago's which were non-og. so naturally it always went up when the next og retro released.

The '13 Royals along with the Knicks 1's were the first from that 1 campaign they had going in 2013. Since '85 and Established in '85 were the 2 names for the types of 1's if my memory serves me correct which is why we got Chicago's and UNC that year with the slightly lower cut and jumpman tag cause they were under the "Established '85" moniker and the 1's with the OG branding were under the "Since '85" moniker or vice versa, but regardless Nike did away with the campaign names quick. The Royals are better quality than the other OG branded CW's from that year because they were the first OG's from that campaign. They changed the cotton tongue, the leather quality and even the direction of the Nike Air on the insole. I'm assuming to cut down on costs but either way 2013 is the most memorable year for fans of the AJ1. Those Royal and Black/Red threads were crazy. This thread is SO tame compared to the 2013 Royal thread(s). Straight chaos.

Last edited:
I hope they hook up the sock liner and tongue with that stuff the 2013 pair had.. though the leather and OG height will be better..that sock liner and tongue was premium af.

Im still hoping for it.. even though these fake pairs are usually what we are getting.. its still chickenwop
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom