Jordan Retro 1 High “Laser” aka Custom Lasers Thread

Not sure if this was just a random return or if they're about to start hitting outlets soon.... 

via FB (not my pic) 

Clearance Outlet - Conroe, TX 

Here's some progress shots of my "Breens". This has been a really fun experience. Some pretty frustrating moments too.

It's winter time here in NZ which means the sockliner is taking a while to dry. So I have to wait until they're fully dry before I hit them with a heat gun.

My missus still has to paint the wings logo (she's a professional artist and I've got clumsy, shakey hands), apply the finisher and then it's onto the sole.

I may or may not paint the Nike Air tag, I can't decide right now.

Last edited:

Not sure if this was just a random return or if they're about to start hitting outlets soon.... 

via FB (not my pic) 

Clearance Outlet - Conroe, TX 
Please basedgod let this be true. For 89.99 i would buy 3 more pair easily. The leather on these is just so butter.

Last edited:
Dying the soles are legit the most annoying part. Not because of the painting part, but wiping off all the excess takes forever. I still have some bleeding between the ridges of the sole. I think I might do what the guy who sells the FBCC dye did and coat the soles with krylon when I'm done painting everything.

Dying the soles are legit the most annoying part. Not because of the painting part, but wiping off all the excess takes forever. I still have some bleeding between the ridges of the sole. I think I might do what the guy who sells the FBCC dye did and coat the soles with krylon when I'm done painting everything.
please elaborate on that krylon process.

please elaborate on that krylon process.
0:46 he applies krylon finish. I'm pretty sure its to make the soles matte but the finisher should also put a coating over the sole to seal the dye. Pretty sure it's the same as putting it on the upper. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I just been wiping for ages and there's still some bleeding from the soles. I almost used about a third of nail polish remover bottle trying to remove excess dye.

Cheers @Gordonson  appreciate it! Still a lot of tidy ups on various areas and the dreaded soles to go... 
eek.gif

Last edited:
Where can I find these in California for that 109 price like on the east coast? Im running out of places to look...

After trying to remove all the dye (600 cotton rounds later) i gave up and just let it dry overnight. 

Here's some progress shots of my "Breens". This has been a really fun experience. Some pretty frustrating moments too.

It's winter time here in NZ which means the sockliner is taking a while to dry. So I have to wait until they're fully dry before I hit them with a heat gun.

My missus still has to paint the wings logo (she's a professional artist and I've got clumsy, shakey hands), apply the finisher and then it's onto the sole.

I may or may not paint the Nike Air tag, I can't decide right now.

View media item 1562932

View media item 1562933

View media item 1562934

Nice!!!!!!!!

Finally lmao nice work man looks good.

After trying to remove all the dye (600 cotton rounds later) i gave up and just let it dry overnight. 
I hear ya man. I used every bit of a long rag with deglazer, like 30 small alcohol pads, acetone and paper towels,  and washed it with soap and water with the soles facing down in the sink. Doing the last one ended up with some dye going on the midsole... Most of it was wiped off the midsole with alcohol, but the dye i couldn't remove I just painted over with white acrylic. I gave up in the end because I was wasting so much time and things to wipe with. Such a hassle!

Conroe,TX store doesn't have phone support. Hopefully, any outlet is SoCal has those price soon. 

Yep I'd cop another pair at the JJ special price. I need to paint them into Laser Frags or Royals...still undecided.

Back
Top Bottom