Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

You can technically say that but the wide majority considered OG white durabuck to be leather. In looks and in texture. I personally don’t look at white durabuck the same as black durabuck. Just my opinion on though. Others will disagree I’m sure.
That’s exactly my point.

Agree though. Leather is a better substitute for white durabuck than nubuck is for black durabuck. I personally prefer durabuck because it doesn’t have any noticeable variations/imperfections like leather tends to.

If the shape ends up being as good as these pics show, I might actually cop a pair. Not to wear as they’re releasing cause I have zero interest in some Oreo/Bred IV hybrid but it won’t be hard to sand down the leather and make these into a nice suede.

Probably not a very popular opinion but I think I could turn these into a shoe I want to wear with a few hours of work

I owned the OG’s in ‘89(WC and FR) and bought CDPs, Tour Yellows, Mars etc and I did because I had the mindset of that was the best we were gonna get and i also bought that BS story that all of the OG molds were destroyed. My mindset changed because of what Nike/JB can do when they want. Flight 89 retros (same shape/midsole as the OG IV)are damn near spot on to the OG and have been every time they retro. They XI retros were fixed in 2016 and are 95% correct, Reimagineds have shown they can get the EP right… Im over accepting BS because its been five years or whatever. They’ll keep giving you what they do because people keep accepting it.
well said.

The mentality some people have, atleast at the time when retros drop is, I missed the originals and the last retro or skipped them, so maybe I’ll buy these.

If you have been a sneaker collector/consumer for more than 20-30 years, you recognize what retros you like and what type of retros are “trash” or not good.

They lasered the 2005 fire red IV but didn’t laser the black red IV in original form, which they could have done and should have done. I agree with the nter who said Nike could remake a sneaker and release it how they want to and when they want to.

So it makes sense if Nike will try to release better retros in the future and we criticize the older retros.
Some of us liked the 2019s, and now with the 2024s we may criticize the 19s.

Makes sense if we criticize the 2024 IVs if the next black red IV tries to be a more accurate retro. Otherwise we will praise the 2024 version and some of the older retros that came before the 2024s.

The issue here is waiting and waiting for right heel height, wing height right, Nike Air centered, toe box sleek, durabuck/nubuck etc. How long can we wait for Nike to drop a black red 89-99 style Air Jordan IV OG?

They definitely remind me of a lasers/OG hybrid.

IMG_6417.jpeg

The above should've been suede.

Not leather but I'll take these lasers instead.
Screenshot_20230926-161825_Gallery.jpg

I wonder how the back tab from the 2024 might fit on the 2019... would be an expensive custom but well worth my favorite pair of all time not looking like Jack Jeebs...

1695771622256.png

FU again Nike / JB for allowing that to release. My pair is still ds... just can't.

All-Star in my city and this release gotta be happening around that time. Hopefully I can actually pick up locally. I'm totally in, regardless of the non-original material choice. 100% into soft, tumbled leather. MUCH rather have soft, tumbled leather than patent or satin or canvas or AF1/dunk leather.

It’s kool, at this point it doesn’t even matter.

The vid posted says he retired in September ‘22, can we please put his name to rest in these current threads? Y’all beat him to death already.

Find someone else to blame unless u think this cats callin shots by himself while retired.
No he retired September 21. He hasn’t had anything to do with planning anything past the 2021 lineup.

“Speaking with FN, Humphrey said he’s been working on this idea since retiring from Jordan Brand in September 2021. (Although retired, Humphrey — at the request of Michael Jordan — continues to run Jordan Golf through a consulting firm he set up)”

if we are being honest these are very meh. They should’ve added the suede black toe like how they did the suede toe on the SB 4’s. Would’ve been fire imo

Can’t wait for M marztharealist to make sense of this lol

IMG_2806.gif

This dont even have the pine green shape. Let alone the 89s. Cmon jb

That toe box is terrible. Hopefully these are fake pair pics.

SB 4 shape my ***, Zsneakerheadz is full of it :lol:
I feel like this all but confirms the Militaries won't have that shape either :smh:

I knew those jackasses at Nike/JB would pull a fast one on the shape. It's pass annoying at this point.

:smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:

Anyways, if they look like the pics zsneakerheadz posted, I'm out. If they look like the pics xsnkrs posted, I'll cop.

Air-Jordan-4-Retro-Black-Cement-1999-Product+.png

IMG_6423+.png

^^^^^
This shape is very 1999ish, IMHO. Shape wise, but not overall build wise. I need to see more pics, but hopefully we get this.

:emoji_100:

I'm posting and leaving THIS here for a reminder of what this model SHOULD look like.

:emoji_100:

381017636_18392552245042766_2015935382447556950_n+.png

:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:

:nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat:

:smokin
Nike could have made the 2024 reimagined like this, similar to the reimagined white cements and chicagos. Slightly yellowed midsoles (not the grey rubber) and make the lines along the leather cuts already visible without waiting for it to age.

If the shape ends up being as good as these pics show, I might actually cop a pair. Not to wear as they’re releasing cause I have zero interest in some Oreo/Bred IV hybrid but it won’t be hard to sand down the leather and make these into a nice suede.

Probably not a very popular opinion but I think I could turn these into a shoe I want to wear with a few hours of work
Yall goofy as hell, man what lol

I’ve had most of these shoes so many times over at this point I’m not afraid to mess with them so I like that attitude. I put some work into these but this new shape is better and the back tab is better.

IMG_2639.jpeg

I’ve had most of these shoes so many times over at this point I’m not afraid to mess with them so I like that attitude. I put some work into these but this new shape is better and the back tab is better.

IMG_2639.jpeg
These look good! What did you do to them?

M marztharealist What's really needed is a picture from the back of an OG and the current shape. It will show how different the shoes really are in height and construction.

I think a lot of people see OGs and 99s and dont see much of difference in what we get today.

The fact they are making the shape better on these makes me want to pass even MORE, cause it’s clearly a troll job. Nike will literally give us ANYTHING EXCEPT what we actually want, and I will no longer buy releases just because. I am much more selective now, and yall should be too. If you truly like these more power to ya but I will never buy a bred 4 that isn’t made with material as close as possible to the original.

What’s next? Reimagined Playoff 11’s with suede/nubuck instead of patent? 🤮

Last edited:
re shape: i recently saw a comparison between an OG 1995 AM95 Neon and a retro from 1998. There were significant differences in shape, color, markings, etc...etc...So, even just 3 years later, Nike couldn't recreate the shoe exactly as it was. i think they can get very very close when they put a lot of effort into it, but getting an exact 1:1 retro may be impossible.

i certainly wouldn't expect it on this "reimagined" version but maybe when they retro these for the 40th anniversary.

Back
Top Bottom