Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

200w.gif
You don’t know me very well LOL
I don’t care if they’re an exact perfect copy of the OG or ‘99s, if they switch to regular leather.
If they were something like the mesh or whatever it was Starfish women’s pair from not too long ago, that might be a different story.

These aren't reimagined OG black and red 4s; they're just a retro+ colorway like the alternate motorsport but with red. Now if they come up with a Tinker sketch or OG sample that looked like these, then maybe the story can stick.
Isn’t that what these royal blue 1s are with the new materials? They are beginning to try shoe horning these models into things they aren’t. The Chicagos and cements made sense from a story telling standpoint but now they’re just making retro + products.

They might as well officially call the patent black and red 1s “reimagined” too.

Isn’t that what these royal blue 1s are with the new materials? They are beginning to try shoe horning these models into things they aren’t. The Chicagos and cements made sense from a story telling standpoint but now they’re just making retro + products.

They might as well officially call the patent black and red 1s “reimagined” too.

100% agreed.

Weren't the patent 1s part of the reimagined "line"?

100% agreed.

Weren't the patent 1s part of the reimagined "line"?
I don’t ever remember seeing them pushed like the L&Fs and cement 3s but I had 0 interest in them so you could be right.

If these come with the SB 4 shape y’all coppin and so am i. I loved the Motorsports. If they aren’t going with the aged look I’ll be curious to see how they package them.

The type of leather is going to make or break this sneaker imo.
Agree with this too. Oreo rich tumbled leather would be nice but not on the bred. So is Nike going to drop a premium suede-like leather? Their history with black nubuck is so terrible that it’s really hard to imagine them not messing this up.

If anyone had an OG 4-7, they know the nubuck from that period was amazing, even when it wore down. Maybe there’s some mid-90’s Nike stuff that had the same nubuck but by the time the 99-00 retros came around it wasn’t the same material at all and has only become worse over time. Sure, the 19’s were marginally better but nothing to even talk about. There’s never been a black nubuck retro that would ever wear remotely similar to the OG’s IMO. If there is I definitely missed it. The last great nubuck Air Jordan is the Charcoal VII.

If anyone had an OG 4-7, they know the nubuck from that period was amazing, even when it wore down. Maybe there’s some mid-90’s Nike stuff that had the same nubuck but by the time the 99-00 retros came around it wasn’t the same material at all and has only become worse over time. Sure, the 19’s were marginally better but nothing to even talk about. There’s never been a black nubuck retro that would ever wear remotely similar to the OG’s IMO. If there is I definitely missed it. The last great nubuck Air Jordan is the Charcoal VII.
It was actually durabuck and that company went out of business in the 90s. It’s a plastic coated synthetic suede.

Back
Top Bottom