Will you cop?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• x2

• Total voters
The way quality has been dropping on EVERY retro, please don't get your hopes up for a nice quality release any time soon. We keep buying up all the trashy versions of shoes, so we give JB no motivation to open up their wallet and give us something with some substance.

So, should we as a whole hold out on buying any Retro's until quality improves? It seems like almost everyone buys the Retro's and if you buy the newer Jordan models not labeled as "retro" you are seen as a weirdo to the masses is what I have seen.

So, should we as a whole hold out on buying any Retro's until quality improves? It seems like almost everyone buys the Retro's and if you buy the newer Jordan models not labeled as "retro" you are seen as a weirdo to the masses is what I have seen.

Ideally, that is what we should do. But that won't happen. I'm not even on some "I'm holier than thou" ish, I buy the retro's too. I bought Thunders a few months back, Oly 6's, and I plan on making a run at some releases in the near future. So, in turn, i'm part of the "problem" as well. It's just very simple... If we are buying a product that costs $10 to make, why then would JB make a product that costs $20 to make. We buy the lesser quality, we give them no incentive to make higher quality. And I don't fully buy into the "if you dont buy retro's you're weird." I bought the Green Glow IV's myself, and passed on all the Fire Red retros. I just tend to prefer the OG colorways as opposed to their new ideas.

Ideally, that is what we should do. But that won't happen. I'm not even on some "I'm holier than thou" ish, I buy the retro's too. I bought Thunders a few months back, Oly 6's, and I plan on making a run at some releases in the near future. So, in turn, i'm part of the "problem" as well. It's just very simple... If we are buying a product that costs $10 to make, why then would JB make a product that costs $20 to make. We buy the lesser quality, we give them no incentive to make higher quality. And I don't fully buy into the "if you dont buy retro's you're weird." I bought the Green Glow IV's myself, and passed on all the Fire Red retros. I just tend to prefer the OG colorways as opposed to their new ideas.

I really wonder how much money Nike spent back in the day to manufacture the OG's? I never bought any OG's because my parents could never afford them, so I never had the pleasure of growing up wearing Jordan's as much as I loved them. So in reality, the only quality I know of are these Retro's. I grew up wearing AF1's whenever I saved up or a special occasion. I typically wore which ever good looking Reeboks, FILA's, or Mike's were at an affordable price. So I'm not sure what the quality is for the OG Jordan's. But when I meant non-retro's I mean like non any type of classic number regardless of the colorway. I'm talking about the $80 to $115 Jordan's at Foot Locker and Finish Line with names like "Flight" and such. Those are the newer Jordan's that no one typically buys and if you do you're seen as a weirdo for not buying the numbered classic style Jordan's.

I had no clue, thought all Foams sell out. I don't care for or keep up with the Foams. They just aren't my thing.

Along with the Weatherman and Safari joints that dropped today, all three can be had for around $500 total.

Belive so too. Not enough color ffor the beasts

I sure hope you're right, it's happening so far with the Oreo 5's, it may happen with the Taxi's as well. That'll be great if the masses make these simple great to wear with anything shoes an easy cop, because I thought everyone thought like me and loved simple shoes that go with everything. That's why I thought the hype on the Oreo 5's was real and bought them a few days before release day for above retail, now I know the hype probably isn't real with these shoes and will probably be the easiest cop of the year. I don't like spending more money than I have to, and I really hope these 4's fly under the radar.

I always wanted black cat IVs with plastic wings and pull tabs it would be
pimp.gif
if they release them like these
pimp.gif

might cop if they release the OG version
Hope they turn out like this 
nthat.gif

sucks the wing isn't like the last release and the jumpman on the back is different.  Nonetheless I'm scooping 2 .  one to add back to my personal collection and another for a beater.   Hope it's not just a rumored release.  I see it on the j23app slated for January, but no official day yet

sucks the wing isn't like the last release and the jumpman on the back is different.  Nonetheless I'm scooping 2 .  one to add back to my personal collection and another for a beater.   Hope it's not just a rumored release.  I see it on the j23app slated for January, but no official day yet

Is there any legitimate pictures available for this possible January release?

Those.... :x Hypebeasts still be coppin' those

JB should do two releases, kind of like the Oreo 5's Black Friday and 6 Ring's on Saturday. But instead JB can release these for the hypebeasts and release a proper version of the Black Cat 4's for those who really want the good old Black Cat 4 done the right way. I wish there were official pictures circulating, I mean January is right around the corner and nothing really so it's putting crazy doubt in my mind and driving me crazy.

Last edited:
might not be looking good for January on the Black Cat 4 release.  I would think we would of seen official pics surface the web or at least some early previews vids from Delz,  Joe Venuto,  Closet Collector by now....

I think we would have seen pics by now for a Jan. release. I'm holding out hope that these are dropping end of Q1 (March) if anything.

Those words....they're breaking my poor innocent heart lol but yeah, I had a bad feeling seeing this thread just about a few days ago and never even seeing any pictures. Then when I went back to most sites release dates they mentioned them but no pictures or anything. Even the later releases had some form of pictures.

might not be looking good for January on the Black Cat 4 release.  I would think we would of seen official pics surface the web or at least some early previews vids from Delz,  Joe Venuto,  Closet Collector by now....

That's what I'm saying, and it breaks my heart because honestly they are probably one of the simplest but great looking shoes that I was hoping for other than the Taxi's. I'm not looking forward for anything scheduled until the 6's come out since I'm not feeling the 2's or really into the weird blue 3's coming out as.

These are up for general release right guys? I'm here in the UK but general release for you is typically the same for us. Oreo 5s just sold out in my home town in 15 mins jeez.

These are up for general release right guys? I'm here in the UK but general release for you is typically the same for us. Oreo 5s just sold out in my home town in 15 mins jeez.

The Jordan Retro 4 "Black Cat" is not confirmed as a General Release for Q1 2014.

-Fresh

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom