Jordan III REIMAGINED “White Cement” -March 11th 2023

Said this in the SB4 thread - I was super hyped on the SB4s, my only hype retail win also.

However, contrarian or chatting to chat, I've gone off them in hand. Super puffy to me and the appreciation aint the same as it was when I first saw them. Can't explain it - mine have one of the sleekest toes aswell, even for these.

Not like I hate them but I prefer the more recent 4s I have (AMM4, 2019 BC4, Mil' Black's etc).

To bring it back to the thread, I'd take the SB4s over these though.

I’m guessing folks saying SB4s are all hype don’t actually have them in hand and, most importantly, never put their feet in a pair.

For me, I just don't care for the colorway so didn't even try to get a pair. I've just never been into green and white sneakers, and those are my college's colors, too. In fact, I don't presently own a single piece of gear from my alma mater for the same reason :lol:

For me, I just don't care for the colorway so didn't even try to get a pair. I've just never been into green and white sneakers, and those are my college's colors, too. In fact, I don't presently own a single piece of gear from my alma mater for the same reason :lol:

I can understand that. I got them b/c 4s are my favorite silhouette, and I got caught in the hype despite not being a huge fan of green. That said, I do find them very comfortable and will keep them in rotation. They'll also the color of the one of the brands of the company I work for, so it goes well for office mtgs (we're very casual where wearing a Nike golf shirt and jeans is considered dressing up).

Acquiring these was actually the last straw for me in terms of "what the heck am I doing acquiring all of these shoes" and started selling off those I rarely wear. These are good enough to keep though. Honestly wear the WC3s way more often though; such a clean shoe and equally as comfortable.

This is exactly my point. I think most people are just put off by green and have only seen pictures. I’m telling you, though. If you had them on foot you’d understand. They are insanely comfortable. Night and day difference compared to normal 4s.

This is exactly my point. I think most people are just put off by green and have only seen pictures. I’m telling you, though. If you had them on foot you’d understand. They are insanely comfortable. Night and day difference compared to normal 4s.
I never said anything about them being overhyped or about comfort or anything else. I don't like them because I don't like the colorway, hence they aren't even on my list of 10 best sneakers of the year. Not that I actually have bothered making a list :lol:

I may be the minority but the color is almost irrelevant when it comes to the sb4. Only because they corrected the mold and wearability when I personally never thought that they would even get close. The 4 is a beautiful shoe when it’s cut properly. It’s been trash for 20 years.

I’m guessing folks saying SB4s are all hype don’t actually have them in hand and, most importantly, never put their feet in a pair.
Or just tryin too hard to be a contrarian
I mean…..or you can just think it’s over rated. It’s basically a protro. It’s a fire shoe for sure. Top 10….cool. Top 5……cool. Number 1? Personally, I don’t think a retro should ever be number 1. It’s like Thriller winning album of the year 15 years later because it came out with a new album cover and couple remixes.

I mean…..or you can just think it’s over rated. It’s basically a protro. It’s a fire shoe for sure. Top 10….cool. Top 5……cool. Number 1? Personally, I don’t think a retro should ever be number 1. It’s like Thriller winning album of the year 15 years later because it came out with a new album cover and couple remixes.
Tbh I can’t think of a single new silhouette that’s been remotely interesting in the last decade. Maybe the Kobe 9. I’m sure there are some, but I’m blanking.

I hate green shoes in any shade of green so they were an easy pass for me

Clayton-Bigsby.Chapelles-Show.webp

BUT they do look dope shape wise and the materials are really nice in person when I held them in a resell shop

4s and my feet never got along for some reason. Which sucks because the WC is one of the best looking sneakers of all time IMO.
I had cement 4s from 1999 I think, I’m old… they were comfy. The last retro (2016?) hurt my feet… I’ve tried other times with 4s, military blacks… couldn’t do it. I just think the 4s they been running with don’t work for me but it wasn’t always like that. As for SB 4s I can’t hit on a hype release for 💩 and wasn’t tryin to drop 500-600+ so I can’t say. From what it sounds like I bet they’d feel good. Ain’t trippin on em tho

I had cement 4s from 1999 I think, I’m old… they were comfy. The last retro (2016?) hurt my feet… I’ve tried other times with 4s, military blacks… couldn’t do it. I just think the 4s they been running with don’t work for me but it wasn’t always like that. As for SB 4s I can’t hit on a hype release for 💩 and wasn’t tryin to drop 500-600+ so I can’t say. From what it sounds like I bet they’d feel good. Ain’t trippin on em tho

They feel amazing

That SB padding and mold made a huge difference, no 4 is as comfortable

Agree the SBs top the charts in comfort, however, I find the military blacks to be pretty decent as well, maybe 15-20% less comfortable than the SBs. Worn the SBs yesterday and MB today to compare. But I've never had 4s hurt my feet/pinky so I'm probably luck in that sense. Same with the Air Trainer 3 (fka SC); never hurt my pinky toes either.

Tbh I can’t think of a single new silhouette that’s been remotely interesting in the last decade. Maybe the Kobe 9. I’m sure there are some, but I’m blanking.
There's been a ton. It's like good music. If all you listen to is the radio and Spotify curated playlists like rap caviar you might think that rap sucks right now and good R&B stopped being made in the 90s. But there has definitely been some interesting news silhouettes....fire even.

.......I just can't think of any right now🤔

While in ponder on that......how about a top 10 list of the best NT threads to be in 😂? This one is definitely number 1 for me. Had the most fun in this thread last year for sure. I'll never be able to think of G Unit sneakers without thinking of this thread. Then again I'm probably the only person still thinking about them 😂

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom