Jordan III REIMAGINED “White Cement” -March 11th 2023

… much more important than some money laundering sneaker boutique owner’s take on the Jordan XII.

1702434672147.gif

It's hard to believe the WC3 would not be a top 3 all time air Jordan overall. Personally it's not in mine. But I'm talking overall. Who decides that ? Us? Nike? Michael?

It's hard to believe the WC3 would not be a top 3 all time air Jordan overall. Personally it's not in mine. But I'm talking overall. Who decides that ? Us? Nike? Michael?

I’m comfortable putting black infrared 6s, black red 11s, and black cement 3s ahead of them. Other favorites include Chicago 1s, White Cement 4s, and black red 13s.

Doing such a big shoe justice makes it much more important than some money laundering sneaker boutique owner’s take on the Jordan XII. (And I have the shoe and like it)
100%. I've got the Black AMM 12 and do want the White but the WC3 is still the best executed out of them IMO. Love all bought this year, but none made me say "wow" in-hand like the AJ3 and they hold more historic weight. But I love vintage shoes with sail soles, so I am into that kind of thing. :emoji_imp:

If I could only have one Jordan forever, it’s always been WC IIIs. Followed a couple millimeters behind by Concords. Then WC/BC IVs and fire red/metallic Vs. Then, and I know I’m basically alone on this, black/red IEs with the proper OG-style nubuck panels and smokey outsoles. Everything after that changes on any given day for me. White/red XIIs and black-toe XIIIs probably next.

If I could only have one Jordan forever, it’s always been WC IIIs. Followed a couple millimeters behind by Concords. Then WC/BC IVs and fire red/metallic Vs. Then, and I know I’m basically alone on this, black/red IEs with the proper OG-style nubuck panels and smokey outsoles. Everything after that changes on any given day for me. White/red XIIs and black-toe XIIIs probably next.
Swap Chicago 1’s for the ies and this is pretty close to my list too. Black toe 13’s are my favorite shoe I ever balled in. First time I wore them I went 13-13 from the line, no joke and I wore those things until the soles fell off after the season was over.

With thousands of retro+ colorways and so many people in this hobby who didn’t grow up around the shoes on MJ’s feet, never owned Jordans, never played basketball I think keeping the history alive is important. All these shoes mentioned are historic (in culture and athletics)

Because these would look infinitely better and they're a reimagined version of the greatest 3, and arguably, the greatest Jordan of all time.
I feel like you could make the same argument about the Royals.

And what makes them look infinitely better?

I’m not arguing with you.

I’m just curious.

92FE5614-D4AD-43AC-A0D7-B7DB9ACBEC53.jpeg

WC3/BC3 are somewhere in the top 3 all time
Even if the reimagined wc3 is a little off, it’s the most comfortable 3 I’ve worn in a long time.

I respect everyone having their own favorite shoe of the year. Far be it from me to tell anyone what they like to wear the most or think is the most creative release of the year or whatever.

I just think as far as OG colorways go this is the best WC3 in decades and the WC3 is objectively a top 10 Jordan of all-time even if it’s not your favorite Jordan personally. Doing such a big shoe justice makes it much more important than some money laundering sneaker boutique owner’s take on the Jordan XII. (And I have the shoe and like it)
I think the issue some people like myself have is what are aspects that hold more weight than others. The worst aspect of the 3s is paint chipping imo (has been much better lately). Then would be yellowing. Seeing as how a fresh pair comes pre-yellowed is a major flaw imo. In hand, these feel great and look great besides the yellowed midsole. Had these had the traditional midsole I would probably have them behind just the cherry 12 (saw mj play in them so they will always hold a ton of weight for me). To be honest, I'm surprised how many people don't mind the yellowing. Back in the day, folks on here hated yellowing. To each their own though. That being said, to say these aren't a top release due to the pre-yellowed midsole really isn't a hot take.

I think the issue some people like myself have is what are aspects that hold more weight than others. The worst aspect of the 3s is paint chipping imo (has been much better lately). Then would be yellowing. Seeing as how a fresh pair comes pre-yellowed is a major flaw imo. In hand, these feel great and look great besides the yellowed midsole. Had these had the traditional midsole I would probably have them behind just the cherry 12 (saw mj play in them so they will always hold a ton of weight for me). To be honest, I'm surprised how many people don't mind the yellowing. Back in the day, folks on here hated yellowing. To each their own though. That being said, to say these aren't a top release due to the pre-yellowed midsole really isn't a hot take.

the fact that you would have placed a correct version of the WC3 behind the cherry 12 says it all

Man I swear some of the first retros chipped as soon as you pulled them out the box. Same with the 4s

i personally dont mind the aged misdole on these or any other shoe for that matter. more so because I prefer the simulated aging that these have opposed the actual aging that somes with wear. and by the time you wear them to the point of aging the rest of the shoe takes a beating as well.

even all that said, maybe its remants of the yeezy era but ive already embraced the sad beige life. earth tones are great

I dunno if I could do Nubuck Blk/Cements ,they just going to be a nasty looking shoe just like those reimagined royals

Back
Top Bottom