Jordan III REIMAGINED “White Cement” -March 11th 2023

Agree. There were some good designs in those early years of JB. The thing that ruined team Js, other than snobbery, is when the designs went to sht. I don't recall exactly when but it obviously devolved into a lot of shoes that looked like knockoffs of the main Air Jordan. When that occurred, wearing a pair looked like you wanted the real thing but couldn't get it, versus just rocking a pair of shoes that looked good on their own.

I blame True Flights :smh: .........
44062531690_f062b339c0_z.jpg

There were bad pairs before then but that's when it became clear that....
Screenshot_20230508_201244_Twitter.jpg

Super lazy design and I got pissed every time I thought I saw a Jordan 7 only to realize it was these 😡 which was a lot because these were everywhere

That's very fair. The ones that were super close to looking like the OG models, but weren't. True Flights, the random uppers on AJ1 soles. frenchbreadbuilds frenchbreadbuilds brought up the Melos, which also had a very solid 2-3 models. We're absolutely NOT gonna act like the Jumpman Pro 1 & 2, the Team J 1 & 2, the Trunner LX, and a handful of others in those early years weren't accepted heat.

That's very fair. The ones that were super close to looking like the OG models, but weren't. True Flights, the random uppers on AJ1 soles. frenchbreadbuilds frenchbreadbuilds brought up the Melos, which also had a very solid 2-3 models. We're absolutely NOT gonna act like the Jumpman Pro 1 & 2, the Team J 1 & 2, the Trunner LX, and a handful of others in those early years weren't accepted heat.

Exactly. Stuff like those knockoff-7 True Flights. Obviously the original Team models resembled 12s and 13s, but in a great way. It was the models that started looking like OG classics from 15 feet away and then you’d get closer and be like, the F? I remember some random model with patent that were Concord knockoffs. Saw them in a Champs as I was walking by, did a double-take, then was like, oh FFS. Never mind 🤮
But some of the true original designs, even if inspired by that year’s game shoe, were dope.

Team J’s have always had some dope models minus true flights. Do team J’s get a bad rep due to fusions? I remember a time when people copped team J’s like it was a regular thing
At first we were just hungry for more J's and the brand was actually trying to establish something great, so the effort was there. The Jordan 15 through 20, although undeservingly disrespected today, honestly even then were not as dope as we were accustomed to for numbered J's. The sneaker community online was small to nonexistent. So there wasn't an opportunity for people to collectively turn their nose at anything outside of 1-14. And they started with some solod guys endorsing the brand.

But then we realized it's tough to establish Jordan signature players when they aren't as great as Jordan. Jordan meant excellence. It's one thing to put a team J on a dude. But to give him a sig and he can't even make the finals?

Then JB got lazy with the designs, retros became a much more regular thing, and by 04-06 there was more of a community online to collectively praise or trash sneakers that before might have remained relevant even if only regionally. Short story long, JB dropped the ball and we stopped caring because they stopped caring.

I remember some random model with patent that were Concord knockoffs. Saw them in a Champs as I was walking by, did a double-take, then was like, oh FFS. Never mind 🤮
Talkin' bout these babies?
s-l1200.jpg

I believe there was a concord variation and Jordan "retroed" these again last year and they are still on NDC. They must be moving because a ton of colors have released

Team J’s have always had some dope models minus true flights. Do team J’s get a bad rep due to fusions? I remember a time when people copped team J’s like it was a regular thing
I think fusions added to the OG only mindset we see now. I know that was me for a long time. Still haven't copped anything outside 1-18 and 34-36. But until 2012 I was only doing OG colors/models

Talkin' bout these babies?
s-l1200.jpg

I believe there was a concord variation and Jordan "retroed" these again last year and they are still on NDC. They must be moving because a ton of colors have released
No 🤣
I had the carbon colorway of those Air Max 1 Jordan CMFTA. I’d buy them again today LOL
I was talking about a hoops shoe, white with black patent.
In fact, I think you got it, spizike231 spizike231

Somewhere along the way "Team J's" became a catch-all term for anything that wasn't a flagship Jordan. People who don't really know the history use it to make fun of anything that's not a Retro.

Back
Top Bottom