Jordan and Dwayne Wade?

They actually announced this when he first got signed to the Jordan brand. Wade will always wear the signature shoe

Do we really even want another JB player sig shoe? Just look at the Melos and CP3s. No thanks.

Do we really even want another JB player sig shoe? Just look at the Melos and CP3s. No thanks.

Originally Posted by Sour Diesel

roll.gif
lol or the D. Jeters
roll.gif

CP3s havent been the best lookingbut the I and III were great on court shoes.

CP3s havent been the best lookingbut the I and III were great on court shoes.

so far, Ray Allen and CP3 are the ONLY JB players deserving of their own sigs this season... just look at what he did to D-Wade the last 2 times they've met this year.

Ray Allen personifies everything a JB endorser should be about, on and off the court, and CP3 isn't far behind.  Big fan of how he handled the trade talk aftermath.  Very tactful, classy, and completely opposite of Garbagemelo's selfish @55.

so far, Ray Allen and CP3 are the ONLY JB players deserving of their own sigs this season... just look at what he did to D-Wade the last 2 times they've met this year.

Ray Allen personifies everything a JB endorser should be about, on and off the court, and CP3 isn't far behind.  Big fan of how he handled the trade talk aftermath.  Very tactful, classy, and completely opposite of Garbagemelo's selfish @55.

Yeah I agree with clkru. I think wade does deserve a signature much more than melo. However I personally would rather wear the signature model each year. It really is an honor if you imagine that its the model jordan would be wearing if still playing. Plus, the signature models are usually the best peformers

Yeah I agree with clkru. I think wade does deserve a signature much more than melo. However I personally would rather wear the signature model each year. It really is an honor if you imagine that its the model jordan would be wearing if still playing. Plus, the signature models are usually the best peformers

I think Ray grasps and respects the honor thing behind wearing J's, but at the end of the day its a business and players will role with whoever pays them the most, be it Jordan or Li Ning.

The younger players are especially fickle and disrespectful for how they carry themselves in J's, from Darius Miles to Melo and beyond.

Sadly, Jordan sends an interesting PR message with the athletes it targets to push the Brand. Other than Ray, CP3, Joe Johnson (maybe), and Derek Jeter, all other big-time JB endorses don't really personify what Jordan himself was all about - high-end luxury, class, hard work, success, and maintaining a professional demeanor.

My jury is still out on Wade, but I just don't associate Jordan-esque greatness with Melo, Terrell "drama" Owens (former/unofficial?), Jarred Jeffries, Kevin Martin, Bobby Simmons, Josh Howard, Q-Rich, Gerald Wallace, DJ Augustin, Juwan Howard, Mike Bibby, Michael Crabtree, Stephen "praying guns" Jackson (unofficial), or Darius Miles (former JBer).

JB needs to step up their endorser game and pick more carefully.

I think Ray grasps and respects the honor thing behind wearing J's, but at the end of the day its a business and players will role with whoever pays them the most, be it Jordan or Li Ning.

The younger players are especially fickle and disrespectful for how they carry themselves in J's, from Darius Miles to Melo and beyond.

Sadly, Jordan sends an interesting PR message with the athletes it targets to push the Brand. Other than Ray, CP3, Joe Johnson (maybe), and Derek Jeter, all other big-time JB endorses don't really personify what Jordan himself was all about - high-end luxury, class, hard work, success, and maintaining a professional demeanor.

My jury is still out on Wade, but I just don't associate Jordan-esque greatness with Melo, Terrell "drama" Owens (former/unofficial?), Jarred Jeffries, Kevin Martin, Bobby Simmons, Josh Howard, Q-Rich, Gerald Wallace, DJ Augustin, Juwan Howard, Mike Bibby, Michael Crabtree, Stephen "praying guns" Jackson (unofficial), or Darius Miles (former JBer).

Originally Posted by ijapino

Wade was hand selected to wear the flagship model of the Air Jordan....This means his "signature" shoe is technically the Air Jordan each year.

How does this work, you think he still gets a cut from AJ signature sales like it was his own sig like for Melo or CP?

Originally Posted by ijapino

Wade was hand selected to wear the flagship model of the Air Jordan....This means his "signature" shoe is technically the Air Jordan each year.

How does this work, you think he still gets a cut from AJ signature sales like it was his own sig like for Melo or CP?

Even if he doesn't get his own signature shoe, he should be included in the designing process of the flagship model.  Yes, it's still Michael's shoe but if Dwade is the torch-bearer he should have some say... 

Even if he doesn't get his own signature shoe, he should be included in the designing process of the flagship model.  Yes, it's still Michael's shoe but if Dwade is the torch-bearer he should have some say... 

Originally Posted by jonas c8891

I'd agree with this. I always thought it was cool how parts of MJ's personality were infused in his shoes, and I think we've definitely lost that sense of personality in the recent models. I also think that's part of the problem with the Melo and CP3 lines, which I honestly don't feel are that different from Team Jordan shoes. I'm not totally sure how much say Wade has in the sig line, but it'd be nice to see some more features that would showcase him more.

Originally Posted by jonas c8891

I'd agree with this. I always thought it was cool how parts of MJ's personality were infused in his shoes, and I think we've definitely lost that sense of personality in the recent models. I also think that's part of the problem with the Melo and CP3 lines, which I honestly don't feel are that different from Team Jordan shoes. I'm not totally sure how much say Wade has in the sig line, but it'd be nice to see some more features that would showcase him more.

Originally Posted by clkru

LOL dont forget Randy Moss haha..

Originally Posted by clkru

LOL dont forget Randy Moss haha..

I guess JB looks at Wade as being the Jordan of the NBA right now and he wears the flagship model but I dont think
he has to have input in the design process he doesnt have a logo just be the torch bearer

fs ds sz10 eggplant foams $200
fs ds sz9.5 aj1 black and red high strap $130
fs vvvnd 9.5 lebron dunkman 7 $140
will trade for aj2 og colorway white black and red and cash

I guess JB looks at Wade as being the Jordan of the NBA right now and he wears the flagship model but I dont think
he has to have input in the design process he doesnt have a logo just be the torch bearer

fs ds sz10 eggplant foams $200
fs ds sz9.5 aj1 black and red high strap $130
fs vvvnd 9.5 lebron dunkman 7 $140
will trade for aj2 og colorway white black and red and cash

Back
Top Bottom