Jordan 2011 or Kobe 6

Originally Posted by Wayne141

Originally Posted by TheDragon

yea its obvious people are going to say kobe in the nike section man... theres too many people way too wrapped around Kobe's nuts on this forum to care about any other shoes. The 2011 is a pretty special shoe. people have hated on the signature line of late, but if u go look at their forum, its apparent its getting a lot of love and big time comparisons.
And there are just as many people, probably more, wrapped around Jordan's nuts in the Jordan forum...I don't get that logic.
Just stick with what you like. I have both the Kobe VI and Jordan 2011, and they're just different shoes period. Everyone's got a different comfort thing and what they look for as a balling shoe, and if you're just gonna rock them casually, the VIs and 2011s are very different there too. And of course...you can always just save up for both...

@thedragon: the truth. most of these cats who are favoring the kobe6 havent even taken a second's glance on the jordan2011 much less know how they feels like oncourt. 

@wayne141: on the contrary jordanheads are one of the most vicious crowd when it comes to the sneaker scene with the high expectations each and every sig has to deliver. and the 2011 my man, after a couple years of disappointing designs, delivered big time, but it is just being overshadowed by kobes current popularity with the younger generation.

ive played in both and both are amazing shoes but if having to choose just one i have to go with the 2011. for starters for a highercut shoe the 2011 are surprisingly very light. and as much as im secure enough to play in the lowercut of the kobe 6 there will always be a slight edge in mental security with playing in that higher cut design of the 2011. the patina leather feels more comfortable around your foot for me than just the skinwire on the kobes and the sockliner of the 2011s give that nice plushy lockdown feel around your ankles. the 2011s also wins by a fraction in the cushioning department coz they feel a little bit slightly better for me and i think they can last longer. im just using the zoom insoles and they feel amazing.

lookswise if i want to get attention and play a bit flashy id use the kobe 6s for their eyecatching colorways and design but if playing on important games such as the playoffs or needing to get the job done id be using the 2011s. the look of the 2011 is more towards the classy and simplistic approach. bottomline they are both amazing basketball shoes so it will all just come down to your personal prefference.

also where the kobe V and VI are concerned i prefer the VI>V to play ball in.

yea its obvious people are going to say kobe in the nike section man... theres too many people way too wrapped around Kobe's nuts on this forum to care about any other shoes. The 2011 is a pretty special shoe. people have hated on the signature line of late, but if u go look at their forum, its apparent its getting a lot of love and big time comparisons.
And there are just as many people, probably more, wrapped around Jordan's nuts in the Jordan forum...I don't get that logic.
Just stick with what you like. I have both the Kobe VI and Jordan 2011, and they're just different shoes period. Everyone's got a different comfort thing and what they look for as a balling shoe, and if you're just gonna rock them casually, the VIs and 2011s are very different there too. And of course...you can always just save up for both...

@thedragon: the truth. most of these cats who are favoring the kobe6 havent even taken a second's glance on the jordan2011 much less know how they feels like oncourt. 

@wayne141: on the contrary jordanheads are one of the most vicious crowd when it comes to the sneaker scene with the high expectations each and every sig has to deliver. and the 2011 my man, after a couple years of disappointing designs, delivered big time, but it is just being overshadowed by kobes current popularity with the younger generation.

ive played in both and both are amazing shoes but if having to choose just one i have to go with the 2011. for starters for a highercut shoe the 2011 are surprisingly very light. and as much as im secure enough to play in the lowercut of the kobe 6 there will always be a slight edge in mental security with playing in that higher cut design of the 2011. the patina leather feels more comfortable around your foot for me than just the skinwire on the kobes and the sockliner of the 2011s give that nice plushy lockdown feel around your ankles. the 2011s also wins by a fraction in the cushioning department coz they feel a little bit slightly better for me and i think they can last longer. im just using the zoom insoles and they feel amazing.

lookswise if i want to get attention and play a bit flashy id use the kobe 6s for their eyecatching colorways and design but if playing on important games such as the playoffs or needing to get the job done id be using the 2011s. the look of the 2011 is more towards the classy and simplistic approach. bottomline they are both amazing basketball shoes so it will all just come down to your personal prefference.

I've been double socking in mine cause theyre a tad big and I'm using the blue sole and cant tell if the sole is moving.

I've been double socking in mine cause theyre a tad big and I'm using the blue sole and cant tell if the sole is moving.

Originally Posted by lightning

As far as I can tell, the 2011's inner bootie (which is the part of the shoe that actually hugs your foot), drops down below the ankle.
So where are you getting this "security" from ? I haven't worn mine on court yet, but when I lace them up, the sides of the shoe near the ankle hardly wrap the ankle/lower shin area at all?

In terms of choosing, I have 5 pairs of Kobe VI's, but barring any severe traction issues after a few wears, I will be using the 2011 for gameplay purposes.
The zoom feels super responsive, materials are well manufactured and the shoe is well constructed.
And to add my small bias, I haven't played basketball in a Jordan product since the Work'm team shoe from 2004 I believe?
And I've been looking forward to this for a little bit.

Originally Posted by lightning

As far as I can tell, the 2011's inner bootie (which is the part of the shoe that actually hugs your foot), drops down below the ankle.
So where are you getting this "security" from ? I haven't worn mine on court yet, but when I lace them up, the sides of the shoe near the ankle hardly wrap the ankle/lower shin area at all?

In terms of choosing, I have 5 pairs of Kobe VI's, but barring any severe traction issues after a few wears, I will be using the 2011 for gameplay purposes.
The zoom feels super responsive, materials are well manufactured and the shoe is well constructed.
And to add my small bias, I haven't played basketball in a Jordan product since the Work'm team shoe from 2004 I believe?
And I've been looking forward to this for a little bit.

^ im just like you then but im 5'11 190 as a junior... i would go for the 2011s. in high school i feel i need something perfect out of the box. i like the 2011s with the quick sole. hands down. as of now though im loving the lebron 8 ps...

^ im just like you then but im 5'11 190 as a junior... i would go for the 2011s. in high school i feel i need something perfect out of the box. i like the 2011s with the quick sole. hands down. as of now though im loving the lebron 8 ps...

Back
Top Bottom