Jordan 16.5 or Nike Hyperize...for HOOPIN'?

EDIT: Basically it's down to these shoes: Nike Hyperize, or Jordan 16.5

Aight, I'm getting back on the court.

I haven't been playing for 2 years, but the last pair I was using was BB4s from 2001. Those are done.

I pulled out my 2000 SpaceJams, all bad. They kill my knees and feet.

So I need a pair of shoes to hoop in. I loved the BB4's.

What's a similar shoe to that? Or just a good hoopin' shoe in general for someone who plays like a guard?

BB4 was Retroed recently. Can't guarantee everything is on point compared to the original though.(?)

check your local footlocker/champs/foot actions for zoom bb2's or zoom bb1's for that matter. they're both great great great bball shoes that still beat out most hoopin shoes today. if you can't or don't want to go hunting, zoom kobe 4 or even the 5 if you have the funds and want the best shoe out right now.

Check my review in this section for more detail.

The short answer: The Kobe V is the best balling shoe of all time. Go cop.

If you're into ankle support and full-length Zoom, try the white/red AJ XII Retro, (which is surprisingly sitting and being discounted all around the Seattle area)... these XII retros are my favorite basketball shoe of all time, beating out the BB1, 2k4, and 2k5...

Thanks for the input.

There's no way I'm ever buying Kobe Bryant shoes.

Can you guys post links for the shoes you're talking about.

When you see 2k4 and 2k5, is that Huaraches?

Yeah... 2k4 & 2k5 are me referring to huaraches... don't know about the 2010 huaraches, but I'm waiting for the hyperdunk 2010 with full-length Zoom before I waste money on them.

and its refreshing to see someone not stuck on Kobe's... I tried both the VI and V on, and just didn't feel the outrigger or flywire inspired enough confidence for my ankles. 

Originally Posted by 22 Rather Unique 22

Thanks for the input.

There's no way I'm ever buying Kobe Bryant shoes.

Can you guys post links for the shoes you're talking about.

When you see 2k4 and 2k5, is that Huaraches?
Ahahahahaha

Dude. The 2k4 and the 2k5 are both Kobe shoes. The 2k4 was supposed to be his first signature from Nike, but after the Colorado rape trial, Nike got scared of released a product with his name on it so they changed it up. Same thing with the 2k5. They might not have his name on them, but they were unofficially Kobe's first shoes with Nike and definitely made for him.

Dude. The 2k4 and the 2k5 are both Kobe shoes.
Actually they aren't.  I know they were earmarked for him and all (and my 2k5's actually had his name on the tongue until I cut it out, ha), but they were never formally a Kobe shoe.

I will admit, despite my disdain for him, that Kobe got dissed hard on the Colorado incident and they should have been the real Kobe 1 & 2.  But, in the end, they weren't.  They are simply the great bball shoes known as the Huarache 2k4 & 2k5!  

Originally Posted by clkru

Dude. The 2k4 and the 2k5 are both Kobe shoes.
Actually they aren't.  I know they were earmarked for him and all (and my 2k5's actually had his name on the tongue until I cut it out, ha), but they were never formally a Kobe shoe.

I will admit, despite my disdain for him, that Kobe got dissed hard on the Colorado incident and they should have been the real Kobe 1 & 2.  But, in the end, they weren't.  They are simply the great bball shoes known as the Huarache 2k4 & 2k5!  
That's exactly what I said.

TECHNICALLY they are not Kobe shoes.

BUT they were DESIGNED and MADE for him. They are his signature shoes. You know that little plastic heel counter part at the back of the shoe with the Hurache logo (looks like a bunch of Hs)
09957051zkd2.jpg

^See that? That was SUPPOSED to be a magic eight ball detail, because Kobe's number was 8 at the time. It was a specific gimmick for a Kobe shoe. Because they had already made the shoe before the colorado incident, they had to throw something else on there for production. Not to belabour the point, my entire deal is: when the shoe was made by the designers, they made it for KOBE. So despite the fact that Nike took his name off before mass production, it's still his shoe.

Back to topic, 
laugh.gif
  I always like the 2k4 better than the 2k5

Dude, I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but just save yourself some stress and pick up a pair of XII white/red retros (the nubuck ones are lower quality for ball)... they have full-length Zoom Air, a carbon fiber spring place, excellent ankle support and traction, and can be found for under retail at a lot of places right now. Some people are even finding them for under $100 at some places, which is outstanding for such a high performance shoe.

Note: this is likely the only time I'd endorse a Jordan for bball purposes over a Nike.

2k4 and 2k5 are hard to track down since they've been out for several years now...

I'd try a mom & pop store, but they will likely see a price cut on FNL and/or Eastbay/FTL soon, so be on the lookout for coupon codes. In this economy, you'll likely be able to cut a decent deal with a ma & pa shop the longer they sit if they aren't discounted already.

Another decent hooping option would be the Jordan 16.5, though they can feel a 1/2 size too big due to a roomy toe box. Ankle support and lockdown are decent, and they feature forefoot Zoom Air and a heel Air bag for cushioning. They also have better ventilation than the XII, and can be found on FNL now for $99.99 depending on the color. If you can find one of those FNL coupon codes that seem to come out every other week for varying amonts, you could end up picking them up for around $90 shipped or better. Good, solid bball shoe at a decent price.

hyperdunks are always a nice shoe
but honestly the most comfiest and durable shoe that i've worn coming from a guards point of view are Lebron ivs
personally one of the greatest shoes that i've worn.
a little heavy but once your running its butter

if anything though from what my friends tell me the best shoes that you can get you hands on are the 2k5
mad support my boys tell me.

Originally Posted by 22 Rather Unique 22

EDIT: Basically it's down to these shoes: Nike Hyperize, or Jordan 16.5

One of the few times i'd recomend a pair of Jordans.

Hyperize reportedly has support/lockdown problems.

jordan 16.5

awesome shoes, i have them, they are actually one of my top 3 jordans of all time... very solid shoes, its not the BEST shoes ive ever worn, but it has good grip, very good cushioning...

Well I bought the Hyperize yesterday, read the bad reviews, and exchanged them for the 16.5's. I hooped in 'em today, and they felt really good.

yeah Hyperize's are $89.99 at my local Nike Outlet. but if the XII are going to drop in price, they're probably worth the wait.

Back
Top Bottom