Jordan 1 High University Blue/UNC Toe - July 22, 2023

University blue color differences on the 1s

IMG_6470.jpeg

I said it before, these are gonna go up on price after the dip. The dip happens when people receive there pairs from online orders. I think it’ll climb to $250 to $260 and chill there for a while.

Nah. They’re not getting to that price range anytime soon. Maybe in a year or two. There are way more of these than Taxi 1s produced. Look at the Taxi price.

These will be at $220-240 for a quite a while

FSR ON extra butter

FSR ON extra butter

They won't ship to me for some reason

I'm not hating on that mans collection. It's dope. What isn't dope is letting that glitter get so bad. All you have to do is take a towel with warm water every year or so and wipe it off. Also just pull them out the box and let sunlight hit them for a bit. Once it's get that crazy the shoes are donezo.

Serious question, what does the glitter do? What actual harm is it causing? I have Jordan 1's dating back to 2008 (I sold my '01's). Correct me if I'm wrong, but the glitter issue started showing up on 2013+ Jordan 1's. I have most of the good '13 1's and like you said, the glitter can be wiped off. So once again, what actual long term harm is it causing?

I think its instore only type deal. You have to show up to one of their stores. they are basically telling you through online what they got instore.
i just called the LES location...they only have size 9-10.... i was about to head over there...its almost 3pm if anyone wants to know...save yourself the trip

Serious question, what does the glitter do? What actual harm is it causing? I have Jordan 1's dating back to 2008 (I sold my '01's). Correct me if I'm wrong, but the glitter issue started showing up on 2013+ Jordan 1's. I have most of the good '13 1's and like you said, the glitter can be wiped off. So once again, what actual long term harm is it causing?

I let my Barons go and the glitter basically slightly stained the leather in spots that no water, soap, conditioner would remove. After that I make sure I wipe them here and there. Also take them out the box a bit. I would be lying if I told you exactly what it is as I don't truly know.

I think I seen someone on nt say their glitter was so caked on that when they removed it, there was actually damage to the shoe from the glitter kinda like acne face

also idk why u care if it’s a women’s release or not when ur not gonna wear the shoes anyway lmao. On that note idk why shoe size even matters when they’re never getting worn regardless

It's the leather aging. Sometimes it crystallizes based on the type and how it's treated. Can search it up on youtube.

My older 1s that have this I treat with mink oil once or twice a year. Can even use it on non stripper glitter to help them age better.

Was watching a live on IG and the word from Nike was that’s how you can tell if they are legit if they glitter, due to the leather compound. A bail out answer for a problem they didn’t foresee or have an answer for.

I let my Barons go and the glitter basically slightly stained the leather in spots that no water, soap, conditioner would remove. After that I make sure I wipe them here and there. Also take them out the box a bit. I would be lying if I told you exactly what it is as I don't truly know.

Ok. I'll clean em off at some point this year and see if there's any permanent damage. Appreciate it💪🏽💯.

also idk why u care if it’s a women’s release or not when ur not gonna wear the shoes anyway lmao. On that note idk why shoe size even matters when they’re never getting worn regardless

You're kidding, right? You seriously think I'd be satisfied if these pairs ranged from a size 8 - 13? I'm letting you know now, I wouldn't be. The thrill of collecting is hunting for MY ACTUAL SIZE and NOT taking the easy way out by just buying any size. The fact that 99.9% of every pair of shoes I own is a size 12 means a lot to me.

As far as women's shoes, regardless if I wear my shoes or not, I'm not rich. In short, I don't buy women's shoes because I can't afford them. And with how I collect if I slip up and buy one, then I'd have to buy all of them.

It's the leather aging. Sometimes it crystallizes based on the type and how it's treated. Can search it up on youtube.

My older 1s that have this I treat with mink oil once or twice a year. Can even use it on non stripper glitter to help them age better.

Appreciate it! I'm gonna grab some of this right now.

After reading the glitter talk, I went and wiped a few of mine down I wipe them sometimes and it still be a little glitter sheen to them. Guessing I need that mink oil to get it right

I appreciate the glitter talk and info on how to deal with and maintain it. I only have it on my shattered backboards, but I've been passive about it thinking it wasn't that big a deal to leave it. I just pulled them out and seems like the glitter had gotten worse since I remember. So I just used a micro fiber towel and warm water and most of it came off. Still some minor glitter flakes, may need a bit of soap or that mink oil to make them perfect. But thanks for the heads up.

Back
Top Bottom