Jordan 1 High Black Toe Reimagined - October 18, 2024

And to the guys that hate it so much, you must have never bought a Jumpman shoe that was supposed to be Nike Air, Right?
Tbh I don’t think anyone thinks the “AIR JORDAN” text on here is better than the Jumpman logo. That text was omitted from basically every retail release until those hideous “rare air” pairs a few years ago and now this one for some reason.

Tbh I don’t think anyone thinks the “AIR JORDAN” text on here is better than the Jumpman logo. That text was omitted from basically every retail release until those hideous “rare air” pairs a few years ago and now this one for some reason.
Just like how no one really likes the Jumpman on OG colorways instead of Nike Air, but that didn’t stop a whole lot of us from buying retros from 2002 to 2013. There will be a better, “un-reimagined” version of these that will eventually come out, but until then, these will do just fine.

Last edited:
There is no one on this planet that thinks the text is better than the Jumpman. My point was we were buying retro shoes that had a Jumpman in place of the Nike Air for years. Maybe you were not, I dont know. That Jumpman on those shoes were never on there to begin with. Obviously, there is a reason they put the Text on this colorway. Its simply honoring the beginning stages of the line that involved the photoshoot in 84. The text was for sure dismissed for the wings, good move obviously. But it still was a shoe Mike had in hand at one time. I mean, they have released the dumbest 1s honering the shirt he was wearing, the skyline in the original poster, shoes with mini pouches on them, backwords huge swooshes, zipties, they even honered the red banned mark in the original commercial etc. So Im trying to figure out why a true sample getting released is bieng questioned. To me it makes perfect sense. If, your into the history of the line.

There is no one on this planet that thinks the text is better than the Jumpman. My point was we were buying retro shoes that had a Jumpman in place of the Nike Air for years. Maybe you were not, I dont know. That Jumpman on those shoes were never on there to begin with. Obviously, there is a reason they put the Text on this colorway. Its simply honoring the beginning stages of the line that involved the photoshoot in 84. The text was for sure dismissed for the wings, good move obviously. But it still was a shoe Mike had in hand at one time. I mean, they have released the dumbest 1s honering the shirt he was wearing, the skyline in the original poster, shoes with mini pouches on them, backwords huge swooshes, zipties, they even honered the red banned mark in the original commercial etc. So Im trying to figure out why a true sample getting released is bieng questioned. To me it makes perfect sense. If, your into the history of the line.
Nobody is defending any of this other trash either though lol

Also, in regards to the Jumpman branded 1s, I think that was more the case of there not being any other options for 1s until the 2011 Banneds dropped and they resurrected the OG Highs. We take it for granted now since there are so many OG High releases but even after the 2011 banned release, 94s and 01s were getting up there in price at the time so if you wanted to wear AJ 1s with NA, your options were limited (not to mention peak influence Kanye popularizing the OG High AJ 1s for non-sneakerheads, etc. which drove up resale prices across the board).

I know this because I had been hunting Royals for years until I finally landed them for retail in 2017 (because 2013s were almost a grand and 2001s were over a grand at the time).

Back
Top Bottom