Jon Gruden: America's football coach? The New Yorker says yes.

i find it a bit uncomfortable watching a once respected coach now get on his hands and knees each week for whoever he is interviewing

Gruden sucks as an announcer and is extremely annoying with his antics. "This Guy!"

Originally Posted by jdizzle75

Gruden sucks as an announcer and is extremely annoying with his antics. "This Guy!"
knowledgeable, but he displays a bit too much "personality" sometimes, which can be annoying

Gruden is a terrible head coach & even worse announcer. I've actually stopped watching Monday night because of him. He rides on the coat tales of Jaws' knowledge. Gruden won with Dungy's team. Look what happened once he built his own roster. No one from the Tampa team has spoken well about him. I met Mike Alstott at an ED Block Courage event years ago & he wouldn't go into details but said playing for Gruden was def a challenge. I'm praying some simp owner hires this dweeb so I can start watching MNF with the volume...

I always thought Gruden was a fantastic bull ****ter, you know, awesome at making it look like he knows what the hell he's doing, kinda like Mike Brown.

Originally Posted by psk2310

Gruden is a terrible head coach & even worse announcer. I've actually stopped watching Monday night because of him. He rides on the coat tales of Jaws' knowledge. Gruden won with Dungy's team. Look what happened once he built his own roster. No one from the Tampa team has spoken well about him. I met Mike Alstott at an ED Block Courage event years ago & he wouldn't go into details but said playing for Gruden was def a challenge. I'm praying some simp owner hires this dweeb so I can start watching MNF with the volume...

I know Parcells made the famous grocery comment, but lets be real. While personel isnt Grudens strong suit, that FO wasnt set up very well long term. Bruce Allen is a cap guy similar to Joe Banner and Reid can pick personel, but Gruden cant. Lots of coaches need GM's who are personel types. 
Its one thing to know what you want for your system. Its another animal translating college guys play to the next level. Heck Bill Belichek even qualifies for that. He knows what he wants on the field, and thats what coaches are, but not all of them can evaluate that with college guys. 

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Originally Posted by psk2310

I know Parcells made the famous grocery comment, but lets be real. While personel isnt Grudens strong suit, that FO wasnt set up very well long term. Bruce Allen is a cap guy similar to Joe Banner and Reid can pick personel, but Gruden cant. Lots of coaches need GM's who are personel types. 
Its one thing to know what you want for your system. Its another animal translating college guys play to the next level. Heck Bill Belichek even qualifies for that. He knows what he wants on the field, and thats what coaches are, but not all of them can evaluate that with college guys. 

Actually, let me restate the Dungy team comment. He didn't build the Tampa team alone, it was a collabrative effort with Rich McKay. Gruden played too many head games with his players. No one from those Raider or Tampa teams liked playing for him. Shoot one of the most easy going guys in Shuan King used to bash Gruden on the radio in Tampa all the time. Dudes the living embodiment of the word jerk. 

I appreciate how he just said Mercedes Lewis needs to step up as a pro bowl tight end last with 10 touchdowns and he needs to catch more tight ends this year

I used to play back Gruden schmoozing college QBs to get my niece to stop crying. He's the Tebow of announcers.
smokin.gif

Gruden cool since he won us a super bowl but i couldnt stand him yesterday. He was just whining so much about how he wanted Gabbert to throw the ball down the field.

I guarantee he'll either be the Chargers or Eagles head coach next season.

I actually like the guy, and while head coach may not be what he'll excel at, I think he deserves to be on a team's coaching roster.

Originally Posted by Jello B Afro

knowledgeable, but he displays a bit too much "personality" sometimes, which can be annoying

on point.

Originally Posted by I AM KNOWLEDGE

I actually like the guy, and while head coach may not be what he'll excel at, I think he deserves to be on a team's coaching roster.

I cringe when I hear this %%@++!$!%!$$ commentate. His pieces on SC he does with QBs seem hollow and lackluster as well. He always seems a bit extra with w/e he's trying to convey. I'd wish he did go back to coaching so I wouldn't have to hear his opinion as much.

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

Gruden wouldn't be %@%$ if it wasn't for Dungy. yea i said it

you could say that for nearly every current head coach about someone else. most of them, bill parcells.

Originally Posted by bjm5295

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

Gruden wouldn't be %@%$ if it wasn't for Dungy. yea i said it

you could say that for nearly every current head coach about someone else. most of them, bill parcells.
 true this logic means he also took the raiders to their lasts sb via callahan
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Jello B Afro

!@++ I thought I was the only one,

I find dude mad annoying, Can't even watch MNF with this guy announcing, someone hire this guy.
30t6p3b.gif

Tripping. Jaws and Tirico are trash. Gruden is
pimp.gif
. He overhypes things/players, but his spite of officiating is appreciated. Dude will say look for a fade route or a play action pass and he's right on cue.

Anyone else on here catch tonight's Real Sports segment on Gruden? It was thoroughly entertaining. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom