Joining the military...What are you thoughts?

Something all the recruiter don't tell you is about all the life altering injuries and deaths that occur from getting deployed. Look into it a lot man. The number of soldiers coming back with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder is 1 in every 8. Scary stuff man. I just remember reading my home newspaper in Maine and seeing two soldiers who had just gotten back swimming in the ocean. One of them was holding his buddy up in the water since he had lost both his arms and legs in the war.

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

i leave for the AF in 3 months 
pimp.gif

How long did you ahve to wait after you signed up?

Originally Posted by downsouthstunna

Id almost be willing to do the couple years if I could knock out my school loan, save up the dough and have some military connects to get a civilian job when I get out
same here, fams....

i might try and snag my MBA before i make these moves, though....

Originally Posted by skylerof209

f that, id never join, I had a dream where I signed the paper but the 2nd after I was like "nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"
ended up waking up stressed out as hell to the point I wanted to cry cuz I was about to be shipped out to whatever it was
I knew I was dreaming but I couldnt wake up till that part, smh military can suck a fat one.............

tumblr_li86dhnIfJ1qdlkgg.gif

Originally Posted by downsouthstunna

Id almost be willing to do the couple years if I could knock out my school loan, save up the dough and have some military connects to get a civilian job when I get out
same here, fams....

i might try and snag my MBA before i make these moves, though....

Originally Posted by skylerof209

f that, id never join, I had a dream where I signed the paper but the 2nd after I was like "nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"
ended up waking up stressed out as hell to the point I wanted to cry cuz I was about to be shipped out to whatever it was
I knew I was dreaming but I couldnt wake up till that part, smh military can suck a fat one.............

tumblr_li86dhnIfJ1qdlkgg.gif

THOUGHT ABOUT JOINING IT TO LIKE 2YEARS AGO WENT THREW ALL THE PHYSICAL AND ASVAB TEST THEN THEY ASKED ME IF I HAD ASTHMA AND I SAID YEAH. BUT THIS **$* WHEN I HAD ASTHMA WHEN I WAS LIKE 7YRS. SO THEY DECLINED. STILL THINK BOUT GOING TO GIVE IT A SECOND SHOT TO SEE WHAT THEY DO 

THOUGHT ABOUT JOINING IT TO LIKE 2YEARS AGO WENT THREW ALL THE PHYSICAL AND ASVAB TEST THEN THEY ASKED ME IF I HAD ASTHMA AND I SAID YEAH. BUT THIS **$* WHEN I HAD ASTHMA WHEN I WAS LIKE 7YRS. SO THEY DECLINED. STILL THINK BOUT GOING TO GIVE IT A SECOND SHOT TO SEE WHAT THEY DO 

well some of you guys know what you are talking about and some really do not have a clue at alll..... well I been in the military for 3 years now ARMY and im stationed in germany and was in italy not to long ago and went to iraq for 6 months... I like it, its not the bad how people make it out to be... you have to join in order to see how it really is... you cant always listen to what everybody else says and do you... dont expect to just sit at home and wait for an opportunity to pass by because that might never happen... just got to get out and get something started....

i dont regret joining but its not easy and nor is it too difficult.. i seen plenty of people do 20+ years in the military i mean how can you do that much time and say it sucks and dont join... the military has its ups and downs but i think more ups

well some of you guys know what you are talking about and some really do not have a clue at alll..... well I been in the military for 3 years now ARMY and im stationed in germany and was in italy not to long ago and went to iraq for 6 months... I like it, its not the bad how people make it out to be... you have to join in order to see how it really is... you cant always listen to what everybody else says and do you... dont expect to just sit at home and wait for an opportunity to pass by because that might never happen... just got to get out and get something started....

i dont regret joining but its not easy and nor is it too difficult.. i seen plenty of people do 20+ years in the military i mean how can you do that much time and say it sucks and dont join... the military has its ups and downs but i think more ups

I swear we need an official military post. I appreciate them all but we bring this up every month...just search army navy air force military...tons of posts.

I swear we need an official military post. I appreciate them all but we bring this up every month...just search army navy air force military...tons of posts.

Yea some of you have no clue what you are talking about. Op have you looked into the Coast Guard ocs program? Im pretty sure it doesnt have to be an officer recruiter to put you through, also the CG is really good helping you get the most out of your education benefits. Btw the air force does not have the best housing, The coast guard does
happy.gif

Yea some of you have no clue what you are talking about. Op have you looked into the Coast Guard ocs program? Im pretty sure it doesnt have to be an officer recruiter to put you through, also the CG is really good helping you get the most out of your education benefits. Btw the air force does not have the best housing, The coast guard does
happy.gif

happy.gif

happy.gif

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

pimp.gif

i swore in february......got a job/date in march, leave for august.........................but i met up with my recruiter for the first time in november
it will be about 9 months from the moment i step foot in the recruiters office to leaving for BMT (2 of those months were getting in shape though before he could send me to MEPS)

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

pimp.gif

i swore in february......got a job/date in march, leave for august.........................but i met up with my recruiter for the first time in november
it will be about 9 months from the moment i step foot in the recruiters office to leaving for BMT (2 of those months were getting in shape though before he could send me to MEPS)

i swear we just need to start a military thread or something, this comes up at least 2x a month. and honestly like everyone else said, don't join cause u think u gonna be thinking ur gonna gain alot of money. We really don't get paid alot,  u do meet alot of people, but also lose alot of people, especially missing out from ur family and friends back home. its tough sometimes but i feel as long u have a couple people to keep u grounded, u should be straight. As far as deployment wise, sucks at first but after awhile u get used to it, plus the money is good. 

i swear we just need to start a military thread or something, this comes up at least 2x a month. and honestly like everyone else said, don't join cause u think u gonna be thinking ur gonna gain alot of money. We really don't get paid alot,  u do meet alot of people, but also lose alot of people, especially missing out from ur family and friends back home. its tough sometimes but i feel as long u have a couple people to keep u grounded, u should be straight. As far as deployment wise, sucks at first but after awhile u get used to it, plus the money is good. 

Back
Top Bottom