Johnny Depp & Christian Bale = Public Enemies (2009)

Need to see a trailer. But I'm a big fan of the Depression Era and the movies that it inspired... IE Untouchables, The Good German, Road to Perdition...

i keep seeing this thread bump up, so i finally checked and this is gonna be
pimp.gif

Looks good, and I don't know if its bc of the Batman role but Christian Bale to me especially in that pic looks like he's a prick

I feel like if both Depp and Bale chose to be in a movie together, it HAS to be good. I can see one of them maybe using poor judgment, even at this point intheir career and picking something not so great, but both these dudes? It's almost impossible.

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

Originally Posted by apollokid1

J Steezzz wrote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Looks good, Idk about movie of the year though. Miami Vice was pretty bad.
indifferent.gif
Umm ok how does Miami Vice relate to this?
Miami Vice was Michael Mann's last movie, and it was indeed horrible.
O ok... yea Miami Vice was pretty terrible.. Colin Farrell is buns
sick.gif

Yeah movie was def. not a good look for Mann. Colin Farrell was pretty good in In Bruges though. Maybe its a sign he's learning how to actgood?

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

Public Enemies is director Michael Mann's latest project, and it marks the eagerly anticipated return of Stephen Dorff, whose performance in Feardotcom inspired a generation.

Anyways, anything with Depp and/or Bale, I'm all in. I'm really hyped for this.

indeed.

Originally Posted by BlazeKicks

They filmed some part of the movie here in milwaukee, i was gona try for an extra but they had a long line.

Movie is gonna be
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
While most of the movie was filmed right here in Chicago.
They did this huge hotel shootout scene, by Clark St. right before North Ave. Like 5 blocks from my job.

I actually wrote a paper on the FBI and John Dillinger.

I can't wait for this film Bale and Mann always deliver
pimp.gif

Can't wait to see this. Michael Mann has always been one of my favorite directors. Hopefully this will be at least as good as Collateral.

55% on rotten tomatoes so far. Damn. Up is the only movie that hasn't disappointed me this year.

Talbert

i love reading movie reviews cuz they use such flowery language
laugh.gif

but i dont take much stock in them.

some of the complaints are about how the movie is shot digitally instead of on film

^ My boy is a film student and had a huge problem with that as well.

This movie looks awful though. And Christian Bale doesn't help matters. I might see it anyway.

watched it last night

long as hell and it wasn't engaging, the trailers made the movie seem a lot better than it actually is.

If you're into film-making or documentaries you might enjoy this.

It was a good film about John Dillinger, 1930s America, and it showed an interesting perspective of how the FBI got started. Good gun battles and Depp wasgreat, as usual. The blurring as the camera panned on close ups was annoying, but other than that, it was alright.

Back
Top Bottom