Johan Santana Throws First No-Hitter in Mets Franchise History

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Johan with the first no-hitter since Jason Bay's 2011 season.

But seriously, I'm glad it happened to a guy like Santana.  Congrats to the Mets and their fans.
pimp.gif
Especially this guy
laugh.gif

metsfantackled.jpg

Tuned in from the 7th on. Completely put Heat - C's on the back burner.
laugh.gif

That was intense. So happy for Johan. History baby!

I was gonna come in here in jinx it. Cause I wanted to see it with my own eyes. I'm at work.

I realized this is much bigger than me. I'll just watch the replay. Finally!

Gotta love Terry's kids

congrats.......

but it shouldnt have been a no hitter, the damn foul line CLEARLY had the shape of a ball on it and dude called it foul.

Every no hitter pretty much has had one or two questionable calls or close plays.

Umpire error works both ways. went our way tonight. couldn't be happier for my dad who got to see a no hitter in his lifetime for the Mets

^ That's definitely not true but I wouldn't give it a *
laugh.gif
let the Mets live, happy for them and Johan
pimp.gif

don't like how the mets are slowly taking over the city
indifferent.gif

congrats to johan , only cause he's on my fantasy team
laugh.gif

Guy who ran on the field has some pair of balls. Not only did he rush the field to celebrate with the players, but he did so while wearing jorts.
pimp.gif

Mets have slowly had a good year and there are no words for tonight. So happy for the team and especially Johan on the comeback from a major injury. Dude has shown so much heart since joining this team. Great leader.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 At the fan that ran onto the field and started to celebrate with the Mets. Took a while for security to pull him out of the huddle and tackle him to the floor haha.

Id contemplate giving him an extra day of rest...what'd he throw? 134 or something like that?

I say just limit his pitch count in his next game to around 90 - 100 pitches, period end of story. Dude has pitched consecutive complete games.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

30t6p3b.gif

I saw that the St. Louis put this on their paper like umpires dont make mistakes every game. 

Not gonna lie though, if it was me I would've kept the party going too. Probably lose my job celebrating with the players too.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

I can't even lie, that was awesome to see.

I had the Yankee game playing on my radio while I took a shower, and they mentioned Johan had a no-no going through six. I got out, and saw my dad already had it on (die-hard Mets fan since their inaugural seasons, so you know this is a big deal to him). I will never forget the look on my dad's face when the game ended. In fact, I took out my phone as Johan was winding up for what I was hoping was the final pitch, and I got very lucky, because it was. My dad did a fist-pump like it was Jersey Shore season 1
laugh.gif

Johan should even have a Cy Young under his resume for the Mets, but that's not the issue here.

Back
Top Bottom