Joe Rogan Podcast

To each his own.

that's why you be sound like you do. you don't challenge yourself on a daily basis.
I listen to WNYC Brian lehrer everyday in the morning to start my day then I can listen to Joe Rogan and hear multiple points of view from all sides.

Choosing what you interact with based off skin color and/or age does doe.

Hey like i said in the first sentence you can do you.

edit: seems like Ninjahood knows what im talking about.

Choosing what you interact with based off skin color and/or age does doe.

Hey like i said in the first sentence you can do you.
Not at all what I said or the reason I stopped listening, but again to each his own.

As far as I’m concerned, I made a critical decision to no longer listen after being a steady listener for almost a decade. Your takes really have no holding on how I make decisions for myself.

To each his own, but that podcast isn’t nearly the same podcast as it was in 2011, and that’s what I enjoyed.

Wasn't talking to you on that message, this one for you:
I don't know where these sweeping generalizations about Rogan's podcasts come from, because to me the podcast sounds like a person who invites people of different fields to shed light on what they are doing and interacting with.

I by no means am saying you should force yourself to listen to these conversations or any conversation. Obviously the podcast has changed a lot but it can also be the same perspectives or conversations. I get it.

My problem, not with u harlemtothebronx harlemtothebronx , is when people suddenly bring themselves into a convo and refuse to engage with the other side by renouncing information based off of their own prejudice. And then they act like it makes them sophisticated.

I can respect that.

I’ll give the podcast a shot as I haven’t listened in a while. There was a highly political period though where i couldn’t go to that podcast without there being a discussion about cultural appropriation or whether or not black people can be racists between two 50+ white men.

On top of that, I can’t help but feel like the types of guests he has on has changed, too. Every week he has someone on talking about how ridiculous all these new pronouns are and how oppressive the trend is. It just got kinda corny after a while.

I want to hear joe make jokes, interview interesting people and talk about fighting I'm not intrested in him talking about things he doesn't even kind of understand (social and political issues) or whining about how hard it is to be a rich white man these days

When he's in his lane tho he's great when he starts trying to branch out it gets super ugly super fast

He's been saying alot of dumb **** lately so i haven't been watching

He put Schaub on tho so I appreciate that

I want to hear joe make jokes, interview interesting people and talk about fighting I'm not intrested in him talking about things he doesn't even kind of understand (social and political issues) or whining about how hard it is to be a rich white man these days

He also grew up in Newton, MA which is the embodiment of white privilege.

I hope I'm as serious as you are considering Rogan has talked about how he grew up.

soo explain to me the relevance of him touring with charlie murphy? is that supposed to somehow give his nonsensical takes and blaberrings about things he doesn't understand at all some sort of validity? becuase he toured with a black guy?

if y’all dont take the rogan capes off

soon as he put the flag behind him he’s been on some noticeably other sh*t

the pod has great moments

none of which negates that he has his obvious stances

No i made a throw away comment allowing you to deduce whatever you wanted from it, so i could judge what you wanted the conversation to really be about.

To say that he has "nonsensical takes" and blabbers, while hosting one of the biggest podcasts in the world seems laughable.
He might not be right or completely knowledgeable on some subjects but to act like his conversations, ones that he has with experts in their field, are nonsensical is nonsensical.

It's w/e doe. If you don't like him just say you ain't feelin em.
Why you trying to discredit someone so you have the excuse as to why you don't enjoy what they have to say?

No i made a throw away comment allowing you to deduce whatever you wanted from it, so i could judge what you wanted the conversation to really be about.

To say that he has "nonsensical takes" and blabbers, while hosting one of the biggest podcasts in the world seems laughable.
He might not be right or completely knowledgeable on some subjects but to act like his conversations, ones that he has with experts in their field, are nonsensical is nonsensical.

Why you trying to discredit someone so you have the excuse as to why you don't enjoy what they have to say?

I'm not sure what the size of his audience has to do with his understanding of topics outisde his wheelhouse.
So because someone else is an "expert" means rogan knows what HE is talking about?

Said from the begining i enjoy joe and his podcast i just think he strays into topics he shouldn't because he's ignorant.
I don't need an excuse for anything I flat out said there are things he talks about I don't enjoy.

you still didn't answer my question tho

what relevancy did charlie murphy have in the discussion at hand? because calling it a throw away comment means you're just trolling and we need not go any further.

or did your "well he has a black friend" bit no go over well and thats why you deflected?

He already said he listens to him though :stoneface:

His podcast has it's place.

We're saying his takes on race relations and politics should be taken with an enormous grain of salt, citing his upbringing in Newton, MA at Newton South HS, which is a breeding ground for white privilege.

The better question is why does that offend you? :emoji_thinking:

You can argue with authority, but have a good argument.

cashbanks cashbanks out here saying he doesnt know what he's talking about bc he doesnt like what he has to say on specific topics (have to make the explicit apparently), atleast that's what im getting from how general these comments are.
Then u have getback getback bringing up his hometown to make the assumption of who Joe is based on a generalization of how he most likely he grew up, when Joe has stated how he has grown up.

Also cashbanks cashbanks I did answer your question. Throw away comments can show what the other person wants to do. I saw @getbanks comment as irrelevant as my Charlie Murphy comment, he answered back and showed what conversation he wanted to have.

Then u have getback getback bringing up his hometown to make the assumption of who Joe is based on a generalization of how he most likely he grew up, when Joe has stated how he has grown up.

It's not an assumption when some of his takes have actually confirmed his position. Duh.

harlemtothebronx harlemtothebronx yea authority meaning since Rogan has many viewers he is held as in authoritative position. So to argue with authority you are generally arguing with the popularity that comes with the view, position or person.

I'm not saying he is specifically an authority on anything because the podcast features many topics, so i have to say that in more of the general sense.

Back
Top Bottom