Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Been on a couple interviews for web design positions no call backs. Getting kinda frustrated now, but a friend thinks he can get me on at his job. He showed his boss my portfolio and he liked it, because they are about to hire a web designer.

Important question...I just graduated recently and I'm looking for a job that will allow me to get my career started (something in the legal field) and I see "credit check required" in a lot of the requirements before getting hired when I'm looking at jobs online..If you do well on the interview and have good experience, is it possible not to get a job due to bad credit? In all honesty, my credit is subpar and I'm worried that it could possibly stop me from getting a job and that would kill me
tired.gif

I might just finish getting my AA this semester and join the Air Force, this getting bad. I need money.

2n9hqvp.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

--------------------------------------

Phone interview today--fingers crossed because it'd work great with my schedule.

Finally sumtin!!!

Got an interview Tuesday for a Management Intern with my states's Department of Transportation and Development...its in Human Resources

applied to a grip of jobs at my undergrad alma mater over the last two weeks. They start reviewing apps on Monday...i dunno why but I feel like i stand to get a shot at at least one of them

gotta keep pushing!

Started my Training this past monday
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Another job called me today asking if i could start on monday for about $3 more per hour.

I stuck with express scripts because their company is growing REALLY fast.......especially because of their Department of Defense contract.

This could be my last job if all the bricks fall in the right place
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Originally Posted by vcof2005

Im still jobless as well. I'm also a victim of that AT&T leadership program interview. Funny this is, I stay in atlanta and they wanted me to go to miami. Basically got the run around and then rejected.

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, The thing is the people that end up being Managers are terrible from what I hear. I've read so many things about ATT stores having Young Managers that dont no how to manage.
So I had my interview with the leadership program but I screwed myself out of it
Everything I thought went well until I received this email:

"Hello Jon,

One thing I would like to remind you of, is that you are applying to be a Business-to-Business Account Executive. During our conversation, you used a signifigant amount of slang. We are looking for professional candidates, so if you are selected to move forward with the position, I recommend that you speak as such from here on out. Good luck to you Jon."

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Didn't even noticed I used slang.  
frown.gif
 All I can do is learn from it.[/font]

Originally Posted by JRAdagreat72

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Originally Posted by vcof2005

Im still jobless as well. I'm also a victim of that AT&T leadership program interview. Funny this is, I stay in atlanta and they wanted me to go to miami. Basically got the run around and then rejected.

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, The thing is the people that end up being Managers are terrible from what I hear. I've read so many things about ATT stores having Young Managers that dont no how to manage.
So I had my interview with the leadership program but I screwed myself out of it
Everything I thought went well until I received this email:

"Hello Jon,

One thing I would like to remind you of, is that you are applying to be a Business-to-Business Account Executive. During our conversation, you used a signifigant amount of slang. We are looking for professional candidates, so if you are selected to move forward with the position, I recommend that you speak as such from here on out. Good luck to you Jon."

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Didn't even noticed I used slang.  
frown.gif
 All I can do is learn from it.[/font]

eek.gif

you done son
tired.gif

You sure you'd wanna do B2B? When it comes to getting new accounts and stuff , cold calls and crap aint the bizness.

I dont give a damn about B2B. I just wanted to make some money.

But at the same time, i dont think I could spend two years doing that and possibly be somewhere I didnt want to be (like new mexico or south dakota).

The one I did was to manage an actual store which I'd easy cause dudes don't do stuff and thru put you in a level 2 store which is automatic gonna b a decent location.

That B2b is a whole mother beast

Originally Posted by kickstart

laugh.gif

Dude said *%%* it. I did something similar once when I got tired of sending resumes out. They actually got back to me and said they were impressed with my straightforwardness but asked to see a real resume. Didn't get that job.

searching hard and applying hard. got my first phone interview today with an engineering company in Beverly, MA. i got swindled because they changed it Sr Level after i applied but dude was MAD cool about it and said although i wasn't Sr level yet coming out of college i may be able to sign on as Jr level engineer. ill hear back next week.

in the meantime my friends dad is hooking me up with an IT joint in midtown manhattan
pimp.gif

keep at it everyone, don't let that recession get to you.

Originally Posted by theone218

getting no call backs unappreciation
applied for 1 job and 2 internships and I got nothing
grin.gif
  Your chances of getting a job would greatly increase if you apply for more positions. Good luck to everyone here.

I kinda got a new job recently. I was on my way to my first job a few mornings back. I decided to walk a new direction that day. Welp that was a good/bad idea. Some Jehovah witness stopped me to talk to me. I mean its cool but I already believe and stuff. Anyway, we're talking for about 10 mins. I'm going to late for work, so they offer to give me a ride. As we're walking to their car, a Maintenance/Landscaping manager was walking up towards them to ask if they knew anyone who would be interested. TADA I got the job on a trial basis to see if I like it and how quick I pick it up.

Keep hope alive people.

I'm hiring freelance web designers / graphic designers to help build websites

Must be fluent in Wordpress frameworks/coding and other languages as well

Portfolio needed. PM me

so last week i posted that i was offered a position at a place i applied for.. yesterday, i got a call from another job asking me to come in and interview for them. this new job is more in line with my career goals. the problem is, i already accepted the offer from the first job (because it has been awhile since i applied and i thoguht they forget about me) and my first day is monday and the new job wants me to interview for them on tuesday.

how should i go about this? i want to at least go into the interview to see what the opportunity is about, but i don't want to lose out on the job i was already offered..

tips, help, advice?

Originally Posted by kickstart

2n9hqvp.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

--------------------------------------

Phone interview today--fingers crossed because it'd work great with my schedule.

i would hire this guy in a minute.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I was not unemployed but just received a really good offer to join a new company. The key to getting a job is WHO you know. and secondly having an ERROR-FREE resume.

If anyone needs resume tips or reviews, would like help with interview attire and grooming I am available. I also wouldn't mind doing SKYE Mock interviews. Let me know if I can help you and I will do my best.

Originally Posted by denni5themenace

so last week i posted that i was offered a position at a place i applied for.. yesterday, i got a call from another job asking me to come in and interview for them. this new job is more in line with my career goals. the problem is, i already accepted the offer from the first job (because it has been awhile since i applied and i thoguht they forget about me) and my first day is monday and the new job wants me to interview for them on tuesday.

how should i go about this? i want to at least go into the interview to see what the opportunity is about, but i don't want to lose out on the job i was already offered..

tips, help, advice?
i have always feared sumtin like this happening to me bro...so i know its weighing on you
when i have discussed this with a mentor of mine she told that I have to remain hungry at all times and with the current job climate, you can not be trying to be extra loyal to a company at the jump because they wont be loyal to you when push come to shove

talk to the job new monday and tell them you would like to adjust your starting date or try to schedule the new job interview for the latest they can arrange in the afternoon on tuesday

My contractor position ended after 1 1/2 months; it was a small company and the project I was working on is frozen; if it resumes they could ask me to go back, but I'm hoping that before then I can land a permanent job somewhere already.

I've already had a ton of interviews, but haven't been able to secure an offer.
30t6p3b.gif
But I've interviewed at a ton of great places, from Apple, Agilent Technologies, Kawasaki, etc.

MAN, I've been applying everywhere since the beginning of May... still nothing.

so another update with AT&T:
I just got a call back from them for the same program. They went ahead and sent me to the next round of interviews 
eek.gif

crazy how that worked out after that e-mail I got from my interviewer.

Originally Posted by JRAdagreat72

so another update with AT&T:
I just got a call back from them for the same program. They went ahead and sent me to the next round of interviews 
eek.gif

crazy how that worked out after that e-mail I got from my interviewer.
Congrats keep pushing. You might need to go through multiple rounds be prepared.
Still awaiting on the decision from my interview from 2 weeks ago... hopefully it's either another round or a job offer. 

Back
Top Bottom