Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

I can’t remember the title. Some complicated name. But basically all she and her coworkers did was transport the cars from warehouse to the sales floor and showrooms. Easy ****.

Going through this weird phase in my life right now and it’s hella frustrating.

making decent bank at my current gig but they’re abusing me and taking advantage of me without really promoting me and it’s hard to find another gig because the other companies really don’t want to pay me what I make now it’s frustrating to say the least

Company reached out to me early this week. The role was very similar to positions I've held before. Pay was decent, $18/hr. First interview was a group zoom interview on Wednesday. I think I killed that. They hit me up for a follow up interview with a regional supervisor yesterday. I didn't feel like I killed it, but I thought I did a good job and thought for sure I'd get an offer. Found out today I didn't get it. I was kinda shocked and a bit disappointed, but the job consisted of a lot of driving daily, and even though I felt like it was a good fit, I honestly wasn't looking forward to all that driving. It is what it is. On to the next. Maybe the job I land will pay double what that one did.

i think i bombed an interview the other day. went well with the individual interviews that i had with the company. everything was all casual and laid back, had good conversation with everyone. when it came down to the final interview with the main supervisor, i don't think it went as smooth as i'd hope. zoom was acting up and i realized afterwards that i kept my responses short instead of giving a thorough answer and expounding on why i'd be a good candidate. felt like an interrogation at certain points.

i have a feeling they will go with someone else. be totally shocked if they'd offer me this even though i am more than qualified

^ interviews are hit or miss man....i probably had close to 20-30 interviews total the last year in a half... i was casually looking for a job when i had a job cuz i hated it but never found anything or got an offer.... then once i got furloughed i got a lot of time to apply to jobs...i would say 90% i did terrible and the other 10% i either did really good or was just ok lol...its all about practice and repetition...my old coworker once told me if you dont get a job its probably not for you anyway... also look at every interview as a learning experience and not a failure cuz you aint get a job offer...

How about someone else from the same company that rejected me reached out to me Tuesday on indeed. I told him that I have adequate experience and could definitely perform the job but I recently interviewed and was declined. Also told him that I'd be interested in moving forward if things change. I really need something to come through soon.

Has anyone been getting low balled on his offers?
With the amount of people applying to every open position I’m thinking companies are low balling and whoever gets offered the job will take it knowing that if they negotiate higher the next person will just take it right away

Reactions: Ube
Good luck fellas.

Heard JVG says something the other day on a hoops podcast that resonated strongly with me.

You can lose. But you can’t lose belief.

If things don’t go well don’t be hard on yourself. It’s a lot easier to improve through self appreciation than self discipline.

Hope y’all pull through, I’ve been unemployed during this season and there’s usually a lag around this time but it picks up mid January.

I might just have to bite the bullet and sign up to substitute teach. It's paying a little bit more since so many teachers took leave time.
I need something in place by March 1st.

Going through this weird phase in my life right now and it’s hella frustrating.

making decent bank at my current gig but they’re abusing me and taking advantage of me without really promoting me and it’s hard to find another gig because the other companies really don’t want to pay me what I make now it’s frustrating to say the least

Sort of in the same boat. Not being taken advantage of or abused, but a little burnt out.

I'm just playing it safe for now and hanging on until things stabilize and COVID is under control because I'd hate to leave for another job and instantly become the low man on the totem pole at another company. If things get bad and layoffs occur, the person with the least amount of time in that job title tends to be the first to go.

I might just have to bite the bullet and sign up to substitute teach. It's paying a little bit more since so many teachers took leave time.
I need something in place by March 1st.
My wife who is also unemployed was going this route until this second wave picked up here in New York. We then decided that for our safety it might not be worth it.
Applications though are being processed lightning fast. They are just churning out subs at the moment

Sort of in the same boat. Not being taken advantage of or abused, but a little burnt out.

I'm just playing it safe for now and hanging on until things stabilize and COVID is under control because I'd hate to leave for another job and instantly become the low man on the totem pole at another company. If things get bad and layoffs occur, the person with the least amount of time in that job title tends to be the first to go.
Yeah i'm in the trap of being in the higher end of what's usually paid for the role I do, but the only upward mobility left is management which I don't want to return to. I just don't enjoy it as much and don't feel fulfilled so I rate my own work as good enough, which I don't like. I'm prepping to likely switch this year but I know the pay may be less.

surprisingly, i had another interview with the company even though i thought i totally bombed the last round of interview. they reached out to me to speak with another manager, which went much better.

kind of lost interest in the position and moved on from it, since i went through so many rounds of interviews and didn't get an offer. i am assuming that their first choice probably declined since they wanted to fill the position prior to the holidays. i just hope they don't come back and low ball me

with covid surging, part of me is not in a rush to get back into work. also, waiting to hear back on a couple companies

worst case scenario, i can probably get my old job back once things open back up. just don't know when that's going to be or if it's a sure thing giving the circumstances

Last edited:
Any peeps in hr here? Sometimes I’m not getting calls for jobs I’m well qualified for want to make sure my resume is a1

yall jump on this zoom at 10am cst 11am est, @limitlesslydenise in ig is gonna walk you through hfx which is binary options trading and has the abikity tk even starting from a $200 account compound ibto 6 figures in a year

If theres a password its GetPaid

Last edited:
lesson learned on my end to keep all employment documentation (w2, 1099) for verification purposes.

HireRight messages me saying they cannot verify my employment with company on an application from 10 years ago. Luckily, I can provide access from past tax and such, but I would not think that stuff from a decade ago would be necessary for something today.

I googled HireRight and found a lots of reports of issues with their practices, but if companies are outsourcing employment verification, the burden is on the applicant to provide the info if HireRight cannot (which seems to happen a lot).

How was unemployment pay? Does your job have you coming back mandatory?
Can you work from home?

Thoughts?

Anyone here looking for a new job? Care to share your experiences?
Supposedly labor markets are hot/hiring a lot/giving more $.

Just had the best interview ever. Homie had me taste test product during discussion. Feeling faded & ex rated :rofl::nthat::nthat::lol:
63C79F3C-BE98-41A3-996A-6B913DDB2A92.jpeg

I got hit with that "Confidential" email meeting invite and instantly knew what time it was.

Position was terminated.

I'm not even mad tho. I got to stack my chips and I'm lucky enough to be in place where I don't have to take a job just to be taking a job.

Started getting back into reading. I forgot how much I enjoyed it.

Getting laid off is truly a blessing as I get to travel back home to see the fam and get time to plan my next moves career wise.

^ i am looking for a new job myself... it is in the plans but i havent been actively looking yet... the reason why is because i have to get my resume done aka pay someone to do it lol...it just looks better but just trying to pay off other things instead of investing in the resume... i love my job cuz its close to my house, supervisor is cool and overall its just an easy job... the problem is its a small company and a concern of mines is there is no goals and they dont give raises unless you get promoted... problem is all the management positions are taken so ya i wont get promoted anytime soon or get a raise... so i just have to leave to get more money... its all good though i always looked as this job as something to give me experience and leave in a few years... with them not giving raises gives me more reason to look for a new job... hopefully i find something by the time summer ends

So I’m graduating later in May and this will be my first attempt at coming back into the workforce since I left the military and went to school full time…….my gap since working will be almost 6 years….is that a big red flag in the hiring process? Or not really since I’m in a new field anyway so I get treated like a fresh grad?

Back
Top Bottom