Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

da vaaaassst majority of da country disagrees according to latest polls, even polls that aren't friendly to da Don. its one of da few segments where its pretty much indisputable as far as da public is concerned.
The only republican in nyc who votes republican in a heavy democratic city.

Live your life/lies B with your papi Donald Trump.

You have a great job and you're in high demand get out of here. Go on CNN and then hit create new thread

hadn't done an interview for yrs and did one today
how do you answer questions regarding salary?
when they asked me what my salary expectations was i gave them a high range, which was more than what they said they would be offering for that position.
my response was that i was flexible and money wasn't my main priority and i was looking for growth and opportunities, etc.

i think the only red flag they have was my commitment to stay long-term since i was slightly over qualified for the position i interviewed for. they had another open position for a similar role but they said i was a little underqualified for that :lol:

hadn't done an interview for yrs and did one today
how do you answer questions regarding salary?
when they asked me what my salary expectations was i gave them a high range, which was more than what they said they would be offering for that position.
my response was that i was flexible and money wasn't my main priority and i was looking for growth and opportunities, etc.

i think the only red flag they have was my commitment to stay long-term since i was slightly over qualified for the position i interviewed for. they had another open position for a similar role but they said i was a little underqualified for that :lol:
You ask them what the budget is for the department/position you’re going to be working in.

After my interview they moved me to the next step, which was a personality test

I took it today, it was basically flash cards of sentences and putting them together. You have to explain why you put them together also.

what's your general rule regarding following up?
usually a thank you note after the interview within 24 hrs, right?
they told me during the interview they still had a wk worth of interviews but would like to fill it immediately

they told me during the interview they still had a wk worth of interviews but would like to fill it immediately
follow up within 24hrs and mention 1 thing that stood out in the interview something that theyll remember u on
reemphasize how u want to be a part of the company
if there were more than 1 person interviewing u send a thank you letter to each

Always email within 24 hours with a thank you for me.

thnx for the tips
they told me they'll reach out to me and my only contact is through the HR rep. i think i'll send one to her thanking her for setting up the interview and have her pass on my interest in the position

I’ve always asked, it’s always worked. It’s not a strikeout question. Every company is going to try to lowball you. If they give you the budget then you can give a requested salary. Within that range if it’s not too low of what you want.

I usually ask when setting up the interview what is the salary for the position… so before going on the interview I know what to expect and I wont waste my time… this never hurt me before in getting a job… for me the interview was always the toughest part lol

...had a phone interview last week and waiting on an email for an in person interview.
when I get it I think i'll crush it since I've done 90% of what they're asking for in the role in a previous job.

I learned a lot in the last two years...
had a decent job, had a son and took paternity leave, got laid off a week or two after returning (and after they used my artistic ability at that...) having to take a lesser paying job at a different company just to put food on the table.
I will never forget.

anybody going through something as it relates to employment...hang in there. you're def in my thoughts. I feel you. you're going to get through it even if it feels like you're not and things will get better.

I’ve always asked, it’s always worked. It’s not a strikeout question. Every company is going to try to lowball you. If they give you the budget then you can give a requested salary. Within that range if it’s not too low of what you want.
Asked at my interview with San Mateo. Especially if it’s gov. 1 month in and it’s easy like cutting warm butter

Build yourself up (gain the knowledge needed for whatever field u wanna specialize in) & work for yourself man ...i dont even have the tolerance to work for nobody else nomore(been that way for years) unless its a dire situation...get it on my own

I never asked an employer about pay.

I always did market research for salary in the position I was interested in. I always came up with a number that was fair the employer and me.

Instead of asking stupid questions, I expanded on my knowledge of the position by telling them what it commands and what they paid. For the most part, I always came within a few Ks of my asking salary.

Example ....

When asked "How much do I expect to get paid"
I replied "After doing some research, Managers for this position in your company avg 75k to 105k. Giving my experience and what I bring to the table, I think a fair and reasonable salary would be 97k." Make sure you have a legit answer to why you think you're worth your asking price.

Then go from there.

I had an HR person come back with a 75k offer once. I shot her right down. I told her, I thought I was a series candidate and I feel disappointed that the panel thought I was only worth 75k. Obviously, judging on the offer, I'm not the right candidate for this position. Within a few minute I settled at 90k.

Learn your value and be willing to walk away.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom