Job interview with Niketown what to expect ?

Just got a job offer with Niketown Beverly Hill, CA. It's going to be part time. Probably 20 hours a week doing shipping and receiving. It's low paybut this will be my 2nd job and also a chance for me to get a swoosh account. Interview will be this Tuesday. What should i expect from them ? And should iwear Nike casual clothes or a business suit ?

Don't wear adidas

EDIT: wait...your title says job interview but you said they gave you a job offer. Before the interview?
indifferent.gif
You're that same idiot that posted those AM90's in the AM1thread.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

business casual(slacks & a button up)

S&R is the +!*#, don't have to deal with customers and all that, although it gets boring sometimes because you might be missing out on some cutefemales that you could be helping out.

Originally Posted by Korean Dave

Don't wear adidas

EDIT: wait...your title says job interview but you said they gave you a job offer. Before the interview?
indifferent.gif
You're that same idiot that posted those AM90's in the AM1 thread.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
hmm yes. They tell me they have job opening so it's an offer then they tell me to go to the interview . Was that so hard to understand?
indifferent.gif

hmm did i rape your sister or something ? hop off my back bro
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Just got a job offer with Niketown Beverly Hill, CA. It's going to be part time. Probably 20 hours a week doing shipping and receiving. It's low pay but this will be my 2nd job and also a chance for me to get a swoosh account. Interview will be this Tuesday. What should i expect from them ? And should i wear Nike casual clothes or a business suit ?
Seriously, dude?

KenJi714 wrote:

Don't wear adidas

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
hmm yes. They tell me they have job opening so it's an offer then they tell me to go to the interview . Was that so hard to understand ?
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

A job "offer" implies that they want you to fill a position. A job interview implies that they have a job that they might offer you if you arequalified....not vise versa...
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by wj4

Just got a job offer with Niketown Beverly Hill, CA. It's going to be part time. Probably 20 hours a week doing shipping and receiving. It's low pay but this will be my 2nd job and also a chance for me to get a swoosh account. Interview will be this Tuesday. What should i expect from them ? And should i wear Nike casual clothes or a business suit ?
Seriously, dude?

just hope that LP doesn't read this

casual, yoo i had an interview for the actual store a few months back, but flaked cuz of school businesses and such, they never gave me a second chance even!!!and i know one of the employees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KenJi714 wrote:

Don't wear adidas

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
hmm yes. They tell me they have job opening so it's an offer then they tell me to go to the interview . Was that so hard to understand ?
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

A job "offer" implies that they want you to fill a position. A job interview implies that they have a job that they might offer you if you are qualified....not vise versa...
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Are you serious ? Out of dozen if not hundred of application , Im one of the few that got the call from them so that's a job offer regardingthe position. The interview is this Tuesday , therefore it's call A JOB INTERVIEW
indifferent.gif
. smh

KenJi714 wrote:

Don't wear adidas

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

A job "offer" implies that they want you to fill a position. A job interview implies that they have a job that they might offer you if you are qualified....not vise versa...
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Are you serious ? Out of dozen if not hundred of application , Im one of the few that got the call from them so that's a job offer regarding the position. The interview is this Tuesday , therefore it's call A JOB INTERVIEW
indifferent.gif
. smh

You think you are the only one they called?

Just dress business casual. Slacks or khakis with a dress shirt. Tie is optional.

Oh and just to clarify you got a call back for an interview, not a job offer:
http://www.askjim.biz/answers/job-offer-definition_428.php
Job offer definition
Question
What is a job offer?
Answer
A job offer is the formal communication made by an employer to a job candidate in which the employer offers a job to the individual. A job offer can be a oraloffer, made in person or over the telephone, or in can be a written offer, communicated in a letter or by electronic means, such as e-mail.

A job offer typically includes elements that specify the job description, the pay, a starting date and time and any preconditions of employment such as drug ormedical testing. The offer may also specify job location, work schedule and other details or information that was discussed or agreed to in the course of theemployment interview.

Originally Posted by IIcn

KenJi714 wrote:

Don't wear adidas

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
Are you serious ? Out of dozen if not hundred of application , Im one of the few that got the call from them so that's a job offer regarding the position. The interview is this Tuesday , therefore it's call A JOB INTERVIEW
indifferent.gif
. smh
You think you are the only one they called?

laugh.gif
Yeah. They probably have at least 20 people lined up for that 1 position. Chances are you took an online test when you apply, and if you'pass' the test, your info gets printed out. At least that's how we did it at our retail store.

Dress casual is the way to go. I work at a Factory Store, and most of the people that got jobs there went dress casual or even dressier. Only a few have gonein casual wear. Like others said, there's probably atleast 10 other people they're interviewing. So you want to make as good of an impression aspossible. My store opened up applications and in like 3 days got 80 applicants. And I live in Tucson.

During my interview they asked me why I wanted a job there, what were my goals, personal interests. They had some questions about my previous jobs. They'realso gonna ask why you think they should hire you. If you have a lot of product knowledge, (not just knowing every numbered jordan, or being able to tell oneair max from another), like knowledge of the technologies such as zoom air, lunarfoam, dri-fit, clima-fit, etc. it'll definitely help some. I work on thefloor so it helped me a lot to have that knowledge. With s&r you're gonna take shipments and have to carry boxes of stuff around so I'm going toassume their going to ask if you're physically able to de all that. In other threads like this some people have said not to mention you collect shoes.Personally I did and they told me I'd fit right in with some of the associates and introduced me to them right away. But in NTLA I'm going to assumethere's already a number of people into shoes there so be cautious with that. You don't want them to get the impression that you're just there toget a discount. Give them the impression that you work hard and that you want to learn about the technologies, (if you don't already know them).

If you have any more questions feel free to pm me. And good luck on your interview.

Tell Ryan I said "Whats up?"
glasses.gif

If you are going for an S&R position, I hope you have warehouse or stockroom experience to boast about. Knowing about the Tech is nice, but in S&R youwill dealing with storage, sorting, shelving, hanging clothes. I worked the Sales floor and S&R. S&R was dope as hell, chill, as long as you are ontop of your tasks nobody bothered you. I had availability issues, so I had to bounce,
ohwell.gif

I tried getting a job at a Factory Store last year and I even knew a dude working there, met the manager, put in my app, and didn't get a call. And I knewthey had some job openings
smh.gif

Now I see why they wouldn't want someone like me working for them. They're to busy giving dumbasses like this guy that posts random AM90's in anAM1 retro thread and doesn't know the difference between a job interview and a job offer
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

RIP Nike if they give OP a job

Its all about how good you look on paper. Plus what area do you live in? The last time my store hired they were looking for spanish speakers. 4 of 5 peoplehired speak spanish. Also they needed people who could work weekdays. Maybe it had something to do with availability or needing people who speak a certainlanguage?

Back
Top Bottom