JEFF ROSS is the greatest to ever do it vol. michael jordan of the roast game

riding that newfound old *** comedian hype train I see

what does that even mean.

There's an O&A clip on youtube of Louis DESTROYING an amateur filmmaker named Paul O.

I don't think Seinfeld would fare well at a roast.

Seinfeld doesn't use profanity so don't think it would be his kind of environment the way roasts go nowadays.

Love these: (none of this politically correct nonsense today where everyone is sensitive about race)

Last edited:
I just threw out Seinfeld's name because he's one of the elite stand-up performers for decades now. I don't think not using profanity would hold him back, but he doesn't have a confrontational style that would be needed for a roast.

Rickles is hands down the greatest. Plus, he's from the pre-political correctness era. Ross, Giraldo, Jeselnik, etc. go/went in on people, but even they have/had to dance around the stuff Don Rickles just plowed right through.

I just threw out Seinfeld's name because he's one of the elite stand-up performers for decades now. I don't think not using profanity would hold him back, but he doesn't have a confrontational style that would be needed for a roast.
Seinfeld is elite? Seinfeld is ELITE? 
sick.gif

If it wasn't for the supporting characters carrying him through Seinfeld(the show) and Larry David writing he would be a nobody. How are you the weakest character on your own show?

He isn't funny at all. I cringe when I see him behind a mic.

The struggle in this video...

Larry David and Jerry wrote together, and what's wrong with that video? He is a PG comedian and his delivery was fine.

Comedy is like music, there are different genre's and not everyone can appreciate the same type.

anybody who says seinfeld isn't one of the most elite comics in the biz is crazy. dude is incredible live. and without swearing, mad admirable. i saw him in show, dude had me in tears. and he's so calm. and relaxed, never sweat. it was tooo funny.

and yea there's different shades to comedy. there's dark n gloomy, outrageous, dry humor, smart humor, kid friendly humor, etc.

Larry David and Jerry wrote together, and what's wrong with that video? He is a PG comedian and his delivery was fine.
Comedy is like music, there are different genre's and not everyone can appreciate the same type.
I agree that comedy is like music... However, even though you don't like a certain artist you can appreciate his or her greatness. Besides I believe through repetition anyone can like anything. 

But this guy Mez... He just isn't funny to me, at all. He talks about such vague basic things that a 12 year old mind would think of. I don't even consider these jokes. He says he's been doing comedy for 30 years. Can you honestly tell me a memorable funny Seinfeld joke that you heard from one of his stand ups?

If Seinfeld is Elite Louie C.K must be beyond a god.

I'm gonna try to watch some earlier Seinfeld stand ups or better yet can you guys recommend me some. I honestly want to give him a chance. I mean Seinfeld is hands down my favorite comedy of all time. He has to have some good material. 

Seinfeld is elite? Seinfeld is ELITE? :x

If it wasn't for the supporting characters carrying him through Seinfeld(the show) and Larry David writing he would be a nobody. How are you the weakest character on your own show?

He isn't funny at all. I cringe when I see him behind a mic.

The struggle in this video...

[if IE]><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="390" /><![endif]

Seinfeld and David wrote the show together, Larry didn't carry Jerry in anyway. The entire premise of the show was Jerry and his crazy friends. Jerry has to be the voice of reason on the who or the show would simply not work.

And you posting a video of Jerry now, back in his day Jerry was the ****, just like Louis CK is now.

The Louis CK hype train finally arrived in this thread. I've watched some of his stuff and I don't see the appeal.

Back to the OG thread. Jeff Ross is way too vulgar for me. Nothing wrong with a little cussing, but he does it so much that it masks his joke telling ability which isn't great to begin with.

The Louis CK hype train finally arrived in this thread. I've watched some of his stuff and I don't see the appeal.

Whaaaa?

Back to the OG thread. Jeff Ross is way too vulgar for me. Nothing wrong with a little cussing, but he does it so much that it masks his joke telling ability which isn't great to begin with.

Ohhhhhhhhh...not criticizing you but if vulgarity isn't your thing, that's probably why you don't like Louie's stuff.

It's not "hype" just because you don't like it.

Yes, Seinfeld is an elite comedian. He's respected amongst his peers, sellout tours, and immensely popular. Of course, his show cam be credited with a lot, but he was a good comedian before it and he's a good one after it.

People can say comedy is subjective and I can understand that.. But to say he isn't funny at all is absurd.

Had to bump with this...one of the best roasts I have ever seen...bar none.

(It's funnier if you actually know the comics he's roasting though)

Yes, Seinfeld is an elite comedian. He's respected amongst his peers, sellout tours, and immensely popular. Of course, his show cam be credited with a lot, but he was a good comedian before it and he's a good one after it.

People can say comedy is subjective and I can understand that.. But to say he isn't funny at all is absurd.
Elaine was the weakest character on Seinfeld by a very wide margin.
THESE!!!
Seinfeld is all observational humor. He couldn't roast a chicken.
I wouldnt even want to see him try. Hes good in his element, no need to step out of it.

Greg Giraldo :pimp: R.I.P. |I

Jeff Ross' show is pretty funny, IMO though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom