Jeep Wrangler or FJ Cruiser... I dunno which to get.

For the longest I was sold on the Jeep Wrangler. I was gonna pick one up and everything. But then I started looking at the FJ Cruiser and I'm starting to

like. Anybody has experiences with either?

JeepWranglerUltimatewith392HEMIfromMopar2_(544x408).jpg

or

toy_fjcruiser_front12_600x400.jpg

Not a huge fan of either, but the FJ Cruiser looks pretty decent Black on Black.

NOT the two tone ones you see all over the road...

Jeep, the new wranglers are
smokin.gif
Top is in sections that are individuallyremovable. Plus its a Jeep so you can take it just about anywhere, literally.

I own an 08 wrangler. pop off the doors, the roof, and drive around LA. it's dope when u see hot girls on Melrose look at u in ur doorless jeep...hop rightin and make out with u.

Originally Posted by yoRAJAH

FJ. My boy has one and he loves it, especially when it rains.

<>
grin.gif

even my rwd car on summer tires handle like dry in rain

What will you be using it for? Mall crawling or rock crawling? Both have extensive aftermarket doo hickeys and thing-a-ma-jigs available.

I've driven the 4 door Wrangler many times and to me it is very underpowered and gets horrible gas mileage for the engine it has. My Kia has 50 more hp andgets the same if not better mileage. Rubicon is sick though with the disconnecting sway bars and such.

Can't say anything about the FJ

Originally Posted by i3allistic

FJ ...i got one if u got any question holla at me...
You told me a lot about the FJ (on another SN). Too bad I failed my driver's test.

I'd personally go with the Toyota. As for 09 models...the Cruiser gets slightly better gas mileage than the Wrangler according to fuel economy governmentsite.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Originally Posted by i3allistic

FJ ...i got one if u got any question holla at me...
You told me a lot about the FJ (on another SN). Too bad I failed my driver's test.
laugh.gif
..well i went thru the same stage when i was car shoppinglast year ...i was about to purchase the jeep but once i went to test drive the jeep, like stated above it was very under power, interior feel and looks cheap.

When i was test driving the FJ, i got the
eek.gif
...it's and awesome SUV,power is good, interior is water proof with no carpet and that thing can handle in any type of wheather, rain, snow, rocks, sands,..and mud (with propertires)..

I can't say that I'll be off-roading a lot. But I want a dependable utility vehicle that I can drive on the highway too. Most cars are just too refinedfor me. I've heard that both are underpowered tho. If I got one I would probably get one in black like the pics I posted.

Originally Posted by Qpitfighter

I can't say that I'll be off-roading a lot. But I want a dependable utility vehicle that I can drive on the highway too. Most cars are just too refined for me. I've heard that both are underpowered tho. If I got one I would probably get one in black like the pics I posted.

the FJ is quiet on the highway, but it can handle off-road too....also a heads up, a IRON MAN STEWART edition supposely gonna be released in 09, it comessupercharged if the stock HP aint enough....as the only draw back i can see is, it has a blind spot, but that can be fix with a purchase of those tiny blindspot mirror from ur local store, passenger window can't be rolled down (no biggie, cuz front + passenger are big), and rear trunk window aint powered (haveto manually pop open with key)....other then that..i love my FJ

Back
Top Bottom