Jazzy Hip-Hop

Galt MacDermot - Space

Where you at Ruxxx?!?!? Used in Busta Rhyme's Got You All In Check...I think it was used in an MF Doom song too..

Imma flip the script & post songs that hip hop artists sampled. Pete Rock sampled this for Mecca & The Soul Brother...This one goes out to the crate diggers...

Last edited:
Nas - The World Is Yours (Cookin Soul Remix)

Getting back to some hip hop for OP. Not many people are down with the Cookin Soul crew but they do some of the dopest remixes...

Notorious BIG - Sky's The Limit (Cookin Soul Remix)

Everytime I bring up the Cookin Soul crew, I always play these songs...

Consequence - My Way Home

Consequence's tribute to Gil Scott Heron (RIP brother) shortly after he passed...

Nas & Kool G Rap - Fast Life (Cookin Soul Remix)
this song has a disgusting # of plays on my itunes lol
i remember being shocked when i found out Cookin Soul were some dudes from Italy.. their stuff is :pimp:

some of this songs posted in here are making me mad.. like that Blue in Green garbage posted on the first page, i like Ski Beatz but really? what is that nonsense? you don't touch a song like that.

OP you should try listening to actual jazz music..

this song has a disgusting # of plays on my itunes lol
i remember being shocked when i found out Cookin Soul were some dudes from Italy.. their stuff is :pimp:
some of this songs posted in here are making me mad.. like that Blue in Green garbage posted on the first page, i like Ski Beatz but really? what is that nonsense? you don't touch a song like that.
OP you should try listening to actual jazz music..

Them Cookin' Soul cats are from Spain. I think there's 3 of them & they put out the best remixes. They did a mixtape of Big Pun & Dilla that was so ill, I was damn near speechless when I heard it...

I just listened to that Blue In Green track for the first time...Damn, that sounded horrible...I can't believe someone in his crew let him put that out...

DJ Mark Farina - Rock Box

Farina has some quality releases under the Mushroom Jazz titles...Here's one...

While we're at it... we absolutely cannot talk about jazz & hip-hop without mentioning... 

A Tribe Called Quest - Jazz (We Got) sampled from 5 Stairsteps - Don't Change Your Love

Can't have this thread with the track that pretty much started the whole thing...This song by the 5 Stairsteps was produced by Curtis Mayfield. The beat was used numerous times by groups like Naughty By Nature & 2Pac....

Back
Top Bottom