Jayson Williams Pleads Guilty, Agrees to Serve 18 Months

SOMERVILLE, N.J. -- Former NBA star Jayson Williams, his personal life in shambles, took responsibility for accidentally shooting his limousine driver to death eight years ago by pleading guilty Monday to assault and agreeing to serve at least 18 months in prison.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4815485

So as long as I kill someone and it's an 'accident', it's okay right? And it has to be a human, god forbid it's a dog.

laugh.gif
smh.gif
Our justice system blows.

How much money does Jayson Williams have left after this whole episode? I remember hearing about this while back in High School
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

How much money does Jayson Williams have left after this whole episode? I remember hearing about this while back in High School
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Good question. Can't be much, if any. He has serious substance problems and mentally just isn't there.

His 18 month sentence may end up saving his life. Forget cocaine, alcohol is a helluva drug. He has definitely been on crash course to the grave. I was alwaysunder the impression that Williams family was well off.

Originally Posted by antoekneeo

His 18 month sentence may end up saving his life. Forget cocaine, alcohol is a helluva drug. He has definitely been on crash course to the grave. I was always under the impression that Williams family was well off.
exactly, also he could have killed someone behind the wheel.

he is going to serve a lot longer than 18 months imo. the minimum sentence is 18 months. the max for that charge alone was like 10 years not including the dwihe just got. the judge will come down on him hard for all of his reckless behavior.

I remember seeing him do an interview on some show waaaaay before any of this happened and even back then I thought he had a few loose screws.

I wouldn't call his story a tragedy but it sure is a bizarre one.

This is ridiculous. When I first saw the headline on ESPN, the 18 month minimum sentence caught my eye and I thought it was for the DUI that he just got. ThenI saw it was for that shooting of his limo driver. Freakin stupid.

18 months for catching a body... After doing all kinda reckless !%%$ for years after...

Thats GANGSTA

Back
Top Bottom