Jay-Z "Justify My Thug" [Paul Nice Remix] Appreciation

Strangely alot of people never heard this joint. He remixed the entire Black album like everyone else on Earth at the time but I actually prefer a couple ofhis versions to everyone else's.

This song (Justify My Thug) obviously, along with "Dirt Off Your Shoulder", and "My 1st Song" which samples Moments In Love by Art OfNoise.

Concerning "Justify My Thug", this is how Jay's supposed to sound I think. Spitting dope rhymes over dark beats, none of that pop bs with Rihannaon the hook.

pimp.gif

Paul Nice! Upstate's finest! Shout out to Poughkeepsie.

Dude has the illest collection of Kung Fu flicks you will ever see!

An unbias thread by Illuztrious about Jay-Z..............I never thought I would see the day. There may be hope for you yetchamp.

Originally Posted by illphillip

Paul Nice! Upstate's finest! Shout out to Poughkeepsie.

Dude has the illest collection of Kung Fu flicks you will ever see!

That was my next question...who exactly is this guy
laugh.gif

I know he submitted a track to Nas for Streets Disciple but it ended up on this Black Album remix joint. Never heard of him outside of that.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

An unbias thread by Illuztrious about Jay-Z..............I never thought I would see the day. There may be hope for you yet champ.

dudes a jigga warrior aka stan.

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Deuce King wrote:

An unbias thread by Illuztrious about Jay-Z..............I never thought I would see the day. There may be hope for you yet champ.

Who?

You?

I turned in my "diamond" for a "God's Son" tat along time ago
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Deuce King wrote:

Who?

You?

I turned in my "diamond" for a "God's Son" tat along time ago
laugh.gif

"Really? should have got HOVASon cross ya belly..."
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

First time hearing this version but it bumps.

That 9th joint is a thing of beauty too.

Damn, that joint was NICE.

Check this joint out. It's one of my favorite Jay joints....this beat is impossible not to zone out too. It fits the track too well:

Check this joint out. It's one of my favorite Jay joints....this beat is impossible not to zone out too. It fits the track too well:

2s1pw6d.jpg

That s_ was tough.

That short piano sample is buggin me out though. I know its from a hit record (R&B I think) but I can't remember what song...

2s1pw6d.jpg

That s_ was tough.

That short piano sample is buggin me out though. I know its from a hit record (R&B I think) but I can't remember what song...

But yeah, I can't even listen to the OG Black Album all the way through. I have favorite songs from so many remix albums all put together.

eek.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Good lookin out.

Had my brain cells itching trying to remember that song.

I still zone out to the OG Black Album but cats def went in on those acapellas. Put some producers to shame.

This s_ is still one of the illest things I have ever heard in my life.

Crazy how much a beat can change the whole ambiance of a song.

eek.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Good lookin out.

Had my brain cells itching trying to remember that song.

I still zone out to the OG Black Album but cats def went in on those acapellas. Put some producers to shame.

This s_ is still one of the illest things I have ever heard in my life.

Crazy how much a beat can change the whole ambiance of a song.

pimp.gif

That was my JOINT. I had that S.Carter mixtape on repeat for like two months just studying how everybody flipped the songs.

This, "Moment Of Clarity", and the other version of "My 1st Song" were too ill. Hell even the "Encore (Remix" bumped.

One thing I never agreed with though, no one should ever be allowed to touch "Allure". I'm biased cause I'm a Neptunes stan but those catsMURKED the OG joint. No one can ever touch that. Not even Just Blaze.

Back
Top Bottom