Jay-Z, Gay Marriage: Obama's New Stance Is 'The Right Thing To Do' (VIDEO)

Naturallylight needs to jump off el salami campesino...

I state facts, ur just mad @ ur incompetence to actually say anything

Substantial that doesnt reveal your apparent crush on ninjahood...
laugh.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by NaturalyLight

obama and da left are under estimating how opposed da black community is on gay marriage......

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
 again...you are really not allowed to comment on anything outside of your building.  You are like 30 and have never ventured more than a 3 block radius from your piss smelling hallways.  This is the same dude who denies being black and will call himself Dominican and argue Spanish roots, but now you want to be the voice of black people.
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
Da fact that u got everything wrong here makes u look clownish.Its WELL known da black community in california was instrumental in their ban on gay marriage.Next time u TRY clown, get ur facts straight palomaso.
grin.gif
No it wasn't, the LDS church was.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by Deuce King

obama and da left are under estimating how opposed da black community is on gay marriage......
We'll let you know if and when you can comment on issues regarding our (the black) community.  Till then champ, as you stated before your on the outside looking in.
so Ninjahood is Black when it's convenient to the black NTers?
but their sole argument in him being "black" is that he's black when it's convenient to him?

d6b35c88e331bc2e3ffe9e0df8908a55380bc41.gif

good thing there are enough black NTers to run around and cosign each other for pages rather than thinking for themselves 
laugh.gif
thats that theyve always done on niketalk though
laugh.gif

that wont change anytime soon

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

Originally Posted by cartune

I just wish black Americans had the convenience of "hiding" their skin while letting gay Americans go through centuries of hell and let them die by thousands fighting for civil liberties for all. And then black people "came out" of hiding when it was safer after the country had soften up a bit because images of hundreds of gay people being hung and being sprayed with hoses has softened Americans hearts. Now its ok for blacks to come prancing out demanding stuff and comparing fighting for one civil luxury to almost a thousand years discrimination & murder. :smile:Most of you are white so I can sorta understand the passion because this is the first a white man has been denied a luxury in this country. Welcome to the party
So please tell me this, is it more offensive to draw comparisons between the two struggles as many activists do, or is it more offensive for you to use your ancestor's struggles to belittle, denigrate, and mock someone else's struggles?  You constantly feign being offended by a group  making these comparisons because they were never lynched or sprayed by hoses. Yet here you are co-opting past struggles, struggles that you yourself have never endured, to make a point against a group just wanting equality! If homosexuals were granted the same rights that you have, would you somehow be offended that they didn't have to go through lynchings and being sprayed by hoses to attain those rights?  Would those rights be less valid and less reason to celebrate because, as you see it, they didn't go through the same hells to be seen as equal? You use examples of atrocities you haven't ever endured to say someone's struggles were so superior that comparisons can't be made! $$@+%+#, please, dude!

Homosexuals aren't trying to take away from the struggles of African Americans.  Nope, they just want the same kind of equality that your ancestors wanted.  They want to be accepted despite the obvious differences.  If you fail to see the similarities you are more clueless than I previously thought, which is saying a whole hell of a lot.

Oh and since when did homosexuals all become white?  Obviously you haven't ever heard of the stereotypes that surrounded AIDS originally...
No just trying to piggyback off of it. The kind of discrimination they face is NOTHING like the discrimination black people face. Do gay people have to drive around fearing that they will get pulled over just because they're gay? Do gay people walk the streets knowing that they can get randomly frisked by police just because they're gay? Do gay people have to worry about the criminal justice system and it's unproportional incarceration of fellow gays? Are gay people routinely disenfranchised economically, socially and politically? oh. Oh. OH.

Gay people people comparing their "struggle" to be able to get married to the struggle for my black people to be treated as HUMAN BEINGS is insulting and trivializes the discrimination that we have to endure. It's like a guy who had his pinky chopped off looking at a dude with an amputated arm and saying "I know the feel bro."
indifferent.gif
eyes.gif

FTR I think gay people can get married if they want, I really don't give a *#%%. They should be able to be miserable together just like normal couples do. Just stop trying to draw parallels between your quest to be able to receive the same financial benefits as straight married couples (which is what I think the whole thing is about: $) to the real life struggle we have to face in almost every aspect of our lives.

While it's true that a large majority of blacks in the religious segment doesn't rock with gay marriage as you stated, at the end of the day black folks are still going to support Obama and have nothing to do with Mitt Romney.  The only so called black people that will be voting for Mitt Romney are the Joe Oliver's of the community, and those individuals left from us a long time ago.   
Lol dude said Joe Oliver.  You do realize that black republicans do exist and a great deal of them are of the 1%?  Classic republican ideology not only preaches social conservatism but also fiscal conservatism (i.e. limiting govt intervention in our daily lives, such as raising taxes) and obviously that appeals to individuals with money regardless of race, thus leading such individuals to the Republican party.

In order for your statement to be true, we have to assume that people choose to vote based on the race of the candidate and that's what's being addressed in this thread anyway.

laugh.gif
grin.gif

roll.gif
oh okay.  Again, you can't pick and choose when you want to be 'black.'  It doesn't work that way amigo. 

No just trying to piggyback off of it. The kind of discrimination they face is NOTHING like the discrimination black people face. Do gay people have to drive around fearing that they will get pulled over just because they're gay? Do gay people walk the streets knowing that they can get randomly frisked by police just because they're gay? Do gay people have to worry about the criminal justice system and it's unproportional incarceration of fellow gays? Are gay people routinely disenfranchised economically, socially and politically? oh. Oh. OH.

Gay people people comparing their "struggle" to be able to get married to the struggle for my black people to be treated as HUMAN BEINGS is insulting and trivializes the discrimination that we have to endure. It's like a guy who had his pinky chopped off looking at a dude with an amputated arm and saying "I know the feel bro."
indifferent.gif
eyes.gif

FTR I think gay people can get married if they want, I really don't give a *#%%. They should be able to be miserable together just like normal couples do. Just stop trying to draw parallels between your quest to be able to receive the same financial benefits as straight married couples (which is what I think the whole thing is about: $) to the real life struggle we have to face in almost every aspect of our lives.

Again, no one is equating the struggles or levels of discrimination faced by blacks in this country and the gay community. The basis of the connection between the two is that both are responses to a minority group being discriminated. The Civil Rights movement in the U.S., throughout its long history, was influenced and shaped by many other domestic and transnational struggles for civil and human rights, and movements fighting against discrimination. The significance of the Civil Rights Movement was not simply to finally disallow de jure discrimination against blacks, and change (slowly) societal perceptions of racism in this country, but its legacy. Many of the leaders of the CRM were involved in others' struggles against discrimination and for equal rights. Its very disheartening to see that the legacy of the CRM is now used as a defensive position to relegate the struggles of another minority group (albeit struggles that are far different) to the margins of our society due to them not being "as bad."

FTR I think gay people can get married if they want, I really don't give a *#%%.

This position, which is far too prevalent in this country, reaffirms my views on Americans' misconceptions and limited understanding of the history of discrimination and especially the Civil Rights movement.

I don't mean to be cynical here but I'm not surprise Jay-Z would say something like this or any celebrity entertainer or anybody else with something to sell for that matter. Going out in the public and saying he is against gay or lesbian rights would potentially be bad for buisness and hurt his bottom line. Gay and lesbian folks buy Jay-Z CDs, concert tickets and consume alot of the other products he owns as well and he's not going to mess that up. GLAAD will be on him so quick if he came out and said he was against it. To bascially alienate a group of consumers like that hurts sales so of course he's gonna say this.

Originally Posted by 36 OUNCES

This is what I say to the mostconservative person that's so terrified of gay marriage becoming legal.Just because the state says it's legal, it's not like God's going tolet them into Heaven. So you can still sleep sound every night knowingthat goal line defense is up at the pearly gates.
pimp.gif
Sleep tight knowing you live in a fairy tale world.

Couldn't resist could you?Some of you come on here like social activist and then at the first chance you get, kick dirt in someone's face.

Originally Posted by wsdesigner14

Its very disheartening to see that the legacy of the CRM is now used as a defensive position to relegate the struggles of another minority group (albeit struggles that are far different) to the margins of our society due to them not being "as bad."
Co-sign.

Originally Posted by LyonBC1

Good to know how Manny Pacquaio feels about this: http://blogs.laweekly.com...ao_gays_put_to_death.php

So he must turn away any of that money he gets from gay boxing fans.....smh

http://www.mp8.ph/news/pacquiaos-official-position-homosexuals-deserve-death/16013

Manny is my dude and all but what a foolish statement.  He should have just gone the Jay-Z way or not comment.  Dude is a public figure so just say all the right things to sell PPVs.  

He was also suppose to do an interview at the Grove today for Extra but now is barred from there due to these comments.  Gays will be protesting at the Wildcard gym, sponsors will be dropping him, etc.. etc..  I have learned from the 08 election especially living here in LA, that if you voice your opinion, contribute to the anti-gay movement, these gay folks will bash you, your business, and your family relentlessly. These LGBT groups are notorious!  
tired.gif

Originally Posted by chickencurry4eva

While it's true that a large majority of blacks in the religious segment doesn't rock with gay marriage as you stated, at the end of the day black folks are still going to support Obama and have nothing to do with Mitt Romney.  The only so called black people that will be voting for Mitt Romney are the Joe Oliver's of the community, and those individuals left from us a long time ago.   
Lol dude said Joe Oliver.  You do realize that black republicans do exist and a great deal of them are of the 1%?  Classic republican ideology not only preaches social conservatism but also fiscal conservatism (i.e. limiting govt intervention in our daily lives, such as raising taxes) and obviously that appeals to individuals with money regardless of race, thus leading such individuals to the Republican party.

In order for your statement to be true, we have to assume that people choose to vote based on the race of the candidate and that's what's being addressed in this thread anyway.

If we're talking about just being fiscally conservative or having strong fiscal principles then I can see why some people, either white, black or what have you would find the Republican Party enticing as being fiscally repsonsible "appears" to be apart of their strong suit.  However, a good number of "black" Republicans choose or desire to be Republicans because they long to be in good favor with white people.  It's sad but they want to be close and fall in line just to be near or accepted by white people. 

The days of slavery are over, but we still have alot of house *%!#@! out here in the world.  You have to remember, that the house %%@%$ loved his master more than he even loved himself and would do any and everything just to protect his master at all costs.  Bringing it back full circle, that's why that clown Joe Oliver was one of the first individuals to come out in support of George Zimmerman and say that Zimmerman could do no wrong and that he was innocent.  Joe Oliver was out there front and center to try and defuse the situation, but if you noticed the rest of the black community knows what the deal is and knows the kind of individual that Joe Oliver is and the kind just like him.  Currently we even have house *%!#@! that live in apartments if you can believe that, which is working %!$ backwards if you ask me.   

Some of you come on here like social activist and then at the first chance you get, kick dirt in someone's face. 

This goes right to the point that cartune made earlier.  Alot of these so called "social activists" are FRAUDS deep down and are only speaking on this matter from an individual standpoint, meaning they don't truly care about discrimination across the boards but only as it pertains to them.  Talking about "civil rights this" and "civil rights that" knowing dam well you don't/wouldn't care about civil rights if a person that didn't look like you or live in your area were affected by this. 

laugh.gif
grin.gif

roll.gif
oh okay.  Again, you can't pick and choose when you want to be 'black.'  It doesn't work that way amigo. 

Yea, so quote me where i said i represent da monolithic populationKnown as "black people" im waiting....
grin.gif

what slays me is that some of y'all speak like you were out there getting hosed with the likes of REAL crm activists. stop that.

laugh.gif
grin.gif

roll.gif

Yea, so quote me where i said i represent da monolithic populationKnown as "black people" im waiting....
grin.gif
The point that I and others are making is that you can't pick and choose when to take an autoritative stance on the 'black community' while openly denying being black.  How does that not make sense to you?  I respect your right to any opinion you choose to have, but don't come in here acting like you are the 'black voice' that speaks for and represents 'us' all when you don;t even claim 'us.'  Are you dense?  

Originally Posted by SMASH ADAMS

what slays me is that some of y'all speak like you were out there getting hosed with the likes of REAL crm activists. stop that.

The tree of injustices towards blacks and the civil rights movement from even back in those days still bears fruit.  For some of us, our parents or even our grandparents have told us vivid stories and recollections of the civil rights movement that THEY were apart of and help fight for.  It's something that is/was important to them, therefore it's important to us and we will be sure to share those same stories to the next generation as that is what they did for us.  WE must never forget.    

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

The simpleminded god agenda. Yay.
Y'all obviously missed the sarcasm in my post...I don't really care who gets married.

Sorry dude, sarcasm is hard to pick up through emoticons.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

pimp.gif

Couldn't resist could you?Some of you come on here like social activist and then at the first chance you get, kick dirt in someone's face.
It was said in jest, RKO. 
smile.gif
But yes, I couldn't resist laughing at someone predicating their blasé approach to social issues on this idea that things iron themselves out in the afterlife. That approach lends itself to apathy, don't you think?

Some of you come on here like social activist and then at the first chance you get, kick dirt in someone's face. 

This goes right to the point that cartune made earlier.  Alot of these so called "social activists" are FRAUDS deep down and are only speaking on this matter from an individual standpoint, meaning they don't truly care about discrimination across the boards but only as it pertains to them.  Talking about "civil rights this" and "civil rights that" knowing dam well you don't/wouldn't care about civil rights if a person that didn't look like you or live in your area were affected by this. 
This is utter B.S.  How can you assume that someone's intentions are only based on what affects them? That's ridiculously cynical.  I am not a woman, but I fight for women's rights, equal pay and to be seen as equals.  I am not gay, but I want to have them seen as equals.  I am not religious, but I don't believe in persecuting someone for their religious affiliation.

This is utter B.S.  How can you assume that someone's intentions are only based on what affects them? That's ridiculously cynical.  I am not a woman, but I fight for women's rights, equal pay and to be seen as equals.  I am not gay, but I want to have them seen as equals.  I am not religious, but I don't believe in persecuting someone for their religious affiliation.

lobotomybeats wrote:

5922543e67b91a0e43e26814f2554b0991b3088.jpg

Back
Top Bottom