Jay-Z, "D.O.A." Discussion...

I like the song a lot, cant wait for the album to drop so I can listen to something besides gucci

Originally Posted by Im Not You

because the song is some +##$
That's your opinion...I still fail to see why everyone should feel the same.

I never said everyone should feel the same young. You had it right the first time..its my opinion.

I can be in the minority and all that other good stuff yall throwing in...its clearly some of jay-z's worst material he put out...

My point is if youre going to kill the industry right now(which is watered down with autotune)...KILL the %@*$!! song...i cant take any more autotune...when Iheard Jay was dropping the song I expected this bamma to go off on the joint...the lyrics werent any better than any other top artists out right now...praisethat man as much as you want but I still think the song was garbage for the simple reason it couldve been way better

man

NO ID...insane. period

1st verse is IT

its gonna get crazy burn

BUT to me...the beat carries the song

Originally Posted by pgsyoungsavage

because the song is some +##$
That's your opinion...I still fail to see why everyone should feel the same.
I never said everyone should feel the same young. You had it right the first time..its my opinion.

I can be in the minority and all that other good stuff yall throwing in...its clearly some of jay-z's worst material he put out...

My point is if youre going to kill the industry right now(which is watered down with autotune)...KILL the %@*$!! song...i cant take any more autotune...when I heard Jay was dropping the song I expected this bamma to go off on the joint...the lyrics werent any better than any other top artists out right now...praise that man as much as you want but I still think the song was garbage for the simple reason it couldve been way better

pg.. I feel on it not being Jays best Lyrics.. but it certainly wasn't his worst ones by any stretch.... I actually appreciate him making a point anddoesn't always have to give me terminally ill lyrics over good content... Its much better than the rest of the crap I have been staying away from on radiofor the longest...

Like Captured here perfectly..

track is "average" IMO but the beat is insanity. No ID acted a fool on this joint

"mixtape Weezy"
laugh.gif
but so true

its only a street single.....cant wait till the official one drops....they say drake on it.

Jay Z just spoke his mind on the current state of hip-hop and only a few cats can do it(JAY,NAS AND SCARFACE). The beat is crazy and the song is one of thoseif the shoes fit wear it. Lets face it dudes have abusr the autotune and stole T-pain hustle. Kanye and Wayne did it some justice but isnt Jay-Z just sayingenough is enough.
AUTOTUNE ABUSERS
KANYE
WAYNE
T-PAIN
JIM JONES
RON BROWZ
MARY MARY
WEBSTAR
LIL KIM
ETC

I don't know man.

Black music since the 60s has had it trends like fashions.

Pain deserves credit, like we credit Teddy Riley.

Autotune is the "new jack swing" of its time.

Pain has changed popular R&B single-handed, and hopefully history will be written as such.

When Riley had everyone on the radio from Heavy D. to Boy George on similar grooves, everyone was just partying.

20 years later, history repeats itself.

Be in the club and let Jamie come on. I bet you'll love autotune then.
laugh.gif

I stand corrected HARMCITY, Tpain isnt an abuser. Dudes really just try to get in his lane and the truth be told he has perfected the autotone. TPAIN doesdeserve his credit but others try to capitalize of his success which is the nature of business in general.
Very correct EOH.
Personally, I cant wait to see what happens in the next few years musically, hopefully DC and BMORE can really get in the music game as a movement like howFlorida and Atlanta has done in pass few years. The game is wide open and the fans are thirsty for something new.

Jay already spoke on it...

he dont mind T pain, Wayne and Ye, he basically saying they do it well and dont use it as a crutch, whereas other artist just have wack melodies and verses butthrow autotune on it.

He compared it to wearing jerseys, like when it first started it was cool but once EVERYBODY did it, we looked like fools, like we all played for the lakers orsomething.

i like the song, but it'll be interesting to see the turn in hip-hop

I didn't like the record at first, being that with the big statement he's making, he's gonna have Drake on his next single, who is PRO-AUTOTUNE allday. And the fact he's collaborated with many PRO AUTO-TUNE artists.

But after a few listens I couldn't deny how #%#!%@ hard the beat was. From the drums/e guitar/horns its amazingly sick.
pimp.gif

the DOA track is crack... SUpposedly No ID (of common fame for you youngins) and Kanye share co-produciton on the track...
I heard NO ID did the majority of production on the record, mr.west was just credited to save face, after all he is one of the kings of autotune.

After he says "your jeans too tight, coloros too bright, voice too light".... is that kanye on the ad-lib, "its to hard @**!%"
roll.gif

Random sidenote #2, but anybody messin with that "kind of a bid deal" Clipse Feat Kanye? That's like my *+! right now...
Im wit you on that one, Khalil deff did his thing on that beat, too raw.
smh.gif
@ kanye tryna take the record and use it on the ad campaign for his lvsneakers...good thing it didnt happen

and this record reminds me of an older jay record...possibly from american gangster, but idk neone else feel this way? similar build up/break down

and anyone know the sample?

The track is nice. Jay is hypocritical, but as previously stated the beat is ridiculous

the beat is raw, when i first heard it I thought it was a Just Blaze Beat, or Bink, thats usually their style but when Jay said No I.D. did it. I was shocked,then I realized there was a reason why Kanye was once No I.D.'s padawan.

He compared it to wearing jerseys, like when it first started it was cool but once EVERYBODY did it, we looked like fools, like we all played for the lakers or something.
Says the dude who had his own limited "Roc A Wear" M&N made. Comparing music to fashion is er, Which leads to...
Jay is hypocritical
But Nas gets bashed for being such, "big homie" gets a pass everytime...

I heard NO ID did the majority of production on the record, mr.west was just credited to save face...
eek.gif
News to me. Industry indeed, smh. Dudes can't evenget his full shine without the "genius" putting a penny in the silver coin jar? Jesus.

He used the same thing in "Put On". He's 40 years old an people who 40 might not like it..But hey, Jay time has come an gone its a New time andNew Day..Long Live the Auto Tune if u can do it right and make a BANGERRR...

Didnt T-Pain just redo what Roger did waaaaay back when?

Just wondering...

Originally Posted by Savonne

He used the same thing in "Put On". He's 40 years old an people who 40 might not like it..But hey, Jay time has come an gone its a New time and New Day..Long Live the Auto Tune if u can do it right and make a BANGERRR...
Once again...he did not rap in autotune on Put On. He mocked it and made fun of it if anything. He said "I don't want no T-Pain" onmy %%+%. If his time has "gone"...certainly he wouldn't draw crowds like he does and spark THIS much discussion over a warm up single.

Originally Posted by Savonne

He used the same thing in "Put On". He's 40 years old an people who 40 might not like it..But hey, Jay time has come an gone its a New time and New Day..Long Live the Auto Tune if u can do it right and make a BANGERRR...
Once again...he did not rap in autotune on Put On. He mocked it and made fun of it if anything. He said "I don't want no T-Pain" on my %%+%. If his time has "gone"...certainly he wouldn't draw crowds like he does and spark THIS much discussion over a warm up single.

QFT

as to the confusion re: Jay-Z shouting out Weezy and at the same time having the song attack him [Weezy]...other than what Jay-Z said about Weezy doing wellwith the Lollipop song...this line right here says it all: "I might send this to the mixtape Weezy"

the mixtape Weezy is the real rapper that Jay-Z seems to respect not the Autotune Weezy...

isn't it the same discussion everytime Hov comes with something that smacks people in the face? like the beat is sick, AGAIN, he is spitting some good@#$%, AGAIN....like just recognize that dude can still do it when he wants to...so what he's older, he is definitely one of the few, IMO, who can stillbring out a song and u get the feeling u used to about a new song...i'm sorry but Wayne, and all these "hot" new artists just don't get thesame reaction from folks....

Back
Top Bottom