January Wrestling Thread/NTWT Jobber Of The Week D Fly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t really hear anything wrong with what Konnan/Disco said other than the social justice warrior label attached to it

Was really just wondering, since you seem to have interest in combat sports.

Gervonta Davis, Mayweather's young protege from Baltimore, sold out Baltimore Arena tonight for his fight. Was a pretty cool thing for the city.

Isn't he from the DMV?

JCMojica24 JCMojica24

Osprey vs. Archer was cool. Fans were definitely ready for this match and was going crazy for damn near everything. A few thoughts

I enjoyed this spot, it was very creative. It wasn't the typical, "NJPW 19 count in the G1" spot. Also the speed in which Ospreay ascends the turnbuckle AND then delivers the SSP with such speed was a thing of beauty.
giphy.gif

I mess with the Claw being used as a combination power submission + pinning predicament.
giphy.gif

One thing I will say in general, wrestling ALL across the world needs to do a better job with implementing Weight Detection. Lance Archer was lifted off his feet numerous times during this match and that just shouldn't happen. Even with the Spanish Fly, more realism needs to be used when it comes to allowing moves like that to "fly." He is still 250+ so to be able to rotate him still involves LIFTING. It just takes me out of matches sometime man. The big man needs to be protected more. Little wrestles are allowed to use all of their advantages, speed, aerial ability, but Big men are being stifled.

I have said this multiple times, but SOMETHING needs to be done in terms of rethinking how (Outside) Diving moves to Standing Opponents are delivered in 1 vs. 1 matchups. The Standing around WAITING for the Offensive wrestler to deliver the dive looks SO damn STUPID. In a Tag Match, one teammate can hold the opponent but it just comes across as looking so fake in 1 vs. 1 matches.
Screenshot (6).png

Ibushi powerslamming Lance archer 8 mins into the match.

Lance attempting a moonsault on IBUSHI

WHY????

Moxley vs. Naito was the goods. It was like watching a Fire Pro Wrestling match seeing those two in the ring together.

I love Shota with Moxley as well. Glad that guy is going to hopefully get to do his excursion with AEW and definitely is getting a huge rub from being around Mox.

Mox is definitely the antithesis of Ambrose. Shows what freedom can do for people.

Looks like it's gonna be Moxley/Okada in the G1 finals.

I wonder how Jay White will play into the picture. It seems like Gedo is gonna book him to win 6 straight matches, but unless Moxley losses to someone else he should still win the block.

Moxley has look rejuvenated throughout the G1. He looks like a new man freed from the WWE shackles.

@PLVN Moxley must be reading NTWT because he said it's time to jump on the Moxley bandwagon.

Did anyone catch Smackville? Is it worth a watch?

I like the new streamlined layout of the WWE Network but all the programming I saved in My Watchlist is gone.

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom