James White - Turkish Slam Dunk Contest [new videos added]

honestly the dunk is nice but he has been doing the same dunk forever now. i mean if he goes to the nba dunk contest we already know what hes doing. he needsto do something new

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

5b92529e195230ff4c3c14d7d25e8dadc2c111e_t.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Dude is a B3ast on half of the thread

wasn't he on the spurs last year, to bad he lost the college slam dunk contest althought he had some nasty dunks

Dude can fly, and has an NBA ring.

Too bad it looked like his game fell off in the summer, he was doing fairly well for the Spurs last season when he got time, but looked pitiful when I watchedSpurs summer league games.

Good to see him still playing, though.

honestly the dunk is nice but he has been doing the same dunk forever now. i mean if he goes to the nba dunk contest we already know what hes doing. he needs to do something new

remember, he gets 10000x more hype on here than he does in real life. most non-NTers and non-Cinci fans don't really know who he is, or have seen him dunkbefore, outside of maybe the college DC which nobody talks about.

and honestly, i don't think it matters if we've seen the dunks before. we saw Dwight Howard's dunks before, but it was the presentation and fanfarethat made it exciting when he did it. i've seen White windmill from the FT line a thousand times, but if he did it at the dunk contest i'd go crazy

It's not just NT guys, he has a major buzz all over the net, you guys act like NT discovered him or something, I knew about him before I joined NT, whichwas years back. It's really cause the guy can't play ball, he was in the league souly off of dunking in the first place.

eek.gif
just saw that he has a blog on HoopsHype. he's apparently in Turkey

http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/white/index.php
you can leave him comments and stuff
laugh.gif

In case you were wondering, yeah, I received my championship ring. Well, in fact my girl received it. It's a good thing to have and it was a very cool experience going through the playoffs with the Spurs even though I didn't play at all. Just living in that atmosphere, watching how the veterans were able to handle all types of different situations… It was great. You learn a lot just being around. No matter how tough it was when they cut me, I'm going to keep good memories from my time there.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

and this comment:
  1. [h3]LeBron Said,[/h3]
    December 3, 2007 @ 4:25 pm

Wasup Flight White. You will DEFINATELY be in the NBA for a long time. the exra work you might have to put in will just make you better and stronger. I would love for you to play in cleveland.

-LeBron James

wt f? lmao
laugh.gif

All he had to do was play defense and make free throws to stay on the Spurs roster. Matt Bonner plays for the Spurs and I didn't think this kid would lastin the NBA with the Raptors.

Originally Posted by StarburyPtGod

He should look into training for the long jump. He's obviously not going to do anything basketball-related

He currently makes 1.2 million in Turkey...and that's non taxed WITH a house and a car that the club provided. I'd say thats obviously doingsomething basketball related.
I'm sure he's fine with that instead of collecting $400 K while sitting at the end of somebodies bench in the leagueliving out of a hotel. You do the math.

Not playing in the NBA is not the end of your careers. I know a PLETHORA of dudes getting overseas cake living like superstars over there...coming back homeand spending that money over here.

Back
Top Bottom