JAMES GANDOLFINI DIES IN ITALY

RIP. I havent watched a single episode of sopranos. But ill watch episode 1 today
tired.gif

We are all going to die. How crazy is that. 

R.I.P.

Not all us are going to be remembered though. James Gandolfini most certainly will. Hard to imagine a day where The Sopranos will be obsolete. That show really was amazing, a cross between Goodfellas and Twin Peaks is a perfect description. Most of us can only dream of going out while knowing that a trace we left behind in our lives will go on to live forever.

Last edited:
I am shocked.

Never got into the Sopranos but this man had an incredible screen presence and a great actor to boot.

Damn man.. a lot of celebrity deaths are kind of "that sucks, he was great but it was his time", but man.. Gandoflini was still pretty young. He was always overweight but still... this sucks.

For fans of the Sopranos, do yourself a favor and read this article about the finale, but as soon as I heard the news I immediately thought of the final couple paragraphs.
http://www.avclub.com/articles/made-in-america,89671/
This is what we do every day. We’re all headed for death. We’re all dead a little bit inside, able to ignore the suffering around us or refuse to change for our own betterment or capable of blotting out the terrible things done in our name (like the Iraq War all of the characters refuse to discuss with A.J.). Rhiannon says that Dylan’s song sounds as if it could have been written today, with a sense of wonder, but she only says that because she flatters herself into thinking her problems are more interesting or unique than anybody else’s, as we all do almost all of the time. Yet beneath all of the petty struggles and mob warfare that drive the plot of season six thrums an insistent terror, a constant mystery that engulfs all of the characters, even if to look at it blinds them. They are going to die. They are already dead. We are going to die. We are already dead.

But, also, we aren’t dead yet. There’s still time to reach out and experience all of the things you’ve missed, to make the most of every moment, to remember the good things. Tony Soprano blinks out, so his time, at least in our terms, is done. But we have this moment and this lifetime, and it will be gone before we know it. What comes after is anybody’s guess, but what we have now is something none of us experience in its fullness every day. The things that seem like they matter often don’t, and the things we lose ourselves in are often the least helpful. Chase leaves us with nothing but the blackness, and he’s giving us space to think, ponder, and consider, not a puzzle to be solved. Embrace the mystery. You’re not dead yet. What are you gonna do about that?

Anyone who was putting off watching The Sopranos, do yourself a favor and start now. It's one of the best shows ever made and Gandolfini gives a legendary performance. He will be missed.

I hope his family and loved ones are doing OK.

Never watched the show. Might have to on HBOgo.

RIP James Gandolfini

I named my old screen name after his character, Tony Soprano, as Tony Shoeprano. Retired my screen name after the show ended.

He will be missed :frown: |I

I can't remember the movie , but he the role that stood out most to me , and made me a fan of his wasthis movie about him taking in a girl in new Orleans. Role really blew me away. It was an independent film.

I just saw The Incredible Burt Wonderstone too and wondered how he took jobs like that and not some epic roles.

Man....too bad. Dude was a good actor.

I can't remember the movie , but he the role that stood out most to me , and made me a fan of his wasthis movie about him taking in a girl in new Orleans. Role really blew me away. It was an independent film.
Welcome to the Rileys with Kristen Stewart

Last edited:
People on Reddit have so really awesome personal stories on how genuine and down to earth this guy was. He went the extra mile to give respect to everyone regardless of position or title. It's really inspiring and worth a read.

Damn man.. a lot of celebrity deaths are kind of "that sucks, he was great but it was his time", but man.. Gandoflini was still pretty young. He was always overweight but still... this sucks.
I am honestly bummed out.
tired.gif

Feels like someone I personally knew passed away. Finally got around to watching The Sopranos two years ago and I could honestly say there's at least one time every week or two where something will bring me back to that universe. Even though that role defined him he was great in other stuff as well. 8MM, True Romance, The Man Who Wasn't There, etc.

RIP.

Last edited:
I loved watching the Sopranos. Very sadden by the news of his passing. R.I.P James Gandolfini |I

Back
Top Bottom