Jameer Nelson guarantees win against Detroit

roc boy jada

Banned
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP)-His team backed into a 3-1 corner in the Eastern Conference semifinals, Orlando Magic guard Jameerhttp://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3837/;_ylt=AvJILlqCrmTtBAsDuwAeLTWLvLYF Nelson guaranteed a Magic victory when the series returns to Detroit on Tuesday.

"We're going to make some adjustments and we're going to win this game," Nelson said after Orlando's 90-89 loss on Saturday. "I'm not being arrogant or cocky or anything like that. I think (Saturday) we let it slip out of our hands. Game 2 we let it slip out of our hands. We're going to win this game in Detroit."

That's a tall order for a Magic team that couldn't even the series at home despite a 15-point, third-quarter lead against a Pistons team that had All-Star point guard Chauncey Billups sitting on the bench in a sport coat. Even so, Orlando remains optimistic.

"Devastating is the fourth loss in a series. It's a bad loss but it's not devastating," Magic coach Stan Van Gundy said. "The series goes on."

Not for much longer if the Magic can't get Dwight Howard on track. After becoming the first player since Wilt Chamberlain to record three 20-point, 20-rebound games in a series during the first round against Toronto, the Magic's 22-year-old All-Star has struggled. He had just eight points Saturday-all but two of them in the first quarter-with Detroit's veteran front line tugging persistently on Superman's cape.

laugh.gif
tired.gif
smh.gif

Well, what else do you want him to say? It's win or go home....he SHOULD have that attitude/mindset going into a possible elimination game....

^Exactly.............

Except we all know they won't win....but at least Jameer hasn't given up yet
laugh.gif

It's not like he expects his team not to win...it's really not that serious

what does he have to lose,

if they lose, they go home and everyone will forget his comments

So what happens now if Sheed GuarunSheeds a win? What kind of cosmic disruption would this cause?

my opinion....

Guarunsheed>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jameer-a-promise

Well, what else do you want him to say? It's win or go home....he SHOULD have that attitude/mindset going into a possible elimination game....
Exactly.

I made a post a few months ago about what is really wrong with athletes speaking their mind.

The only thing funny is that because it's Jameer this post won't really get a lot of replies...but let T-Mac or Arenas guarantee a win and it's 4+pages of either "arrogant sob" or "he's that dude"
tired.gif

Don't see what's so funny about it... he thinks the Magic could have won game 2 and 4 slip out of their hands. It's very possible the Magic canbeat Detroit, IN Detroit, and as the point guard he should be confident and say they're going to win.

Maybe I'm 'ol school but shouldn't the best player on the team issue this kind of statement? I mean, I still remember the days when PatrickEwing guaranteed a win, Alonzo Mourning (in his first stint with the heat) guaranteed a win but since when is it OK for the fourth (if that) best player on theteam to do this? Who even gives a $#!& if they don't win with stuff like this coming from him? There's absolutely ZERO credibility there becauseeven if they do win, I can almost say it won't be Jameer Nelson who personally got the win for the Magic. Why not have JJ Redick do it? How about MarcinGortat (is the dude even on the team although apparently he's on their roster?)? How about if the three of them do a joint statement, wow, that'll bethe difference maker.
eyes.gif
at Jameer

I just don't want him putting up threes with 18 seconds left on the shot clock.

Back
Top Bottom