Jacksonville Jaguars @ Pittsburgh Steelers

Fred Taylor is having a hell of a game
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by i am toddzo

Favre's having a great year but people seem to forget his past 2 years and how everyone wanted him to retire.

truth.

Petyon and Brady are the only two elite Qb's in the league.. the 2nd tier is pretty damn good though too.

What is your point? He was still better then Ben those two years. What has Ben done individually to be called elite? He aint trash but you saying anything right now.

No - no he wasn't. He was garbage the last two years, what were you watching?

edit: steelers better off letting them score there with time left, they'd have run it down and kicked a FG anyways...

Favre's having a great year but people seem to forget his past 2 years and how everyone wanted him to retire.
What is your point? He was still better then Ben those two years. What has Ben done individually to be called elite? He aint trash but you sayinganything right now. If he does what he is doing this season for a couple more years ok but this is his first season actually producing.

Originally Posted by i am toddzo

Okay... and the 10+ years before those 2?

Brett Favre is a legend. Go away.

truth.

Petyon and Brady are the only two elite Qb's in the league.. the 2nd tier is pretty damn good though too.
I didn't expect this nonsense from you... shame
eyes.gif

You really will sit there and say you would have had Ben over Favre the last two season? How in the world can you rationalize that aside from homerism? I betBen himself would take Favre.
laugh.gif

Just before I get jumped on I think Ben will be a very good QB in the NFL he just aint done it long enough yet.

This Should be the year Fred T goes to a pro bowl. He's been a problem for way too long
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by theone2401

You really will sit there and say you would have had Ben over Favre the last two season? How in the world can you rationalize that aside from homerism? I bet Ben himself would take Favre.
laugh.gif

Last year ben had a bad go, also... with his whole year being messed up with surgeries and what not... But the year before, ben won a superbowl while favrethrew 300 interceptions... so uh, yeah i'd have taken Ben in the last two years over Favre's last two years.. definitely.

I mean - if you're just going off who has had the better career, i'll start Elway over Ben? I'm sure he can still throw it.. we're talkingabout the here and now however, favre is still good but ain't what he used to be... he's probably right now about the same level as Ben, to be honest..saying anything else sounds like homerism to me, you can't tell me brett's skills haven't declined somewhat.
I didn't expect this nonsense from you... shame
eyes.gif

What's shameful about it? Who's being left out?

You really will sit there and say you would have had Ben over Favre the last two season?
How in the world can you rationalize that aside from homerism? I bet Ben himself would take Favre.
Last year I would have taken neither because Ben nearly died twice and Favre was garbage. The year before I'd take Ben

I don't know why, but the Jags take more pleasure in beating us than anybody.. they seriously play harder against us than anybody and I don't knowwhy.. it's like a one-sided rivalry game, but i don't get why because they own use anyways
laugh.gif

I mean - if you're just going off who has had the better career, i'll start Elway over Ben? I'm sure he can still throw it.. we're talking about the here and now however, favre is still good but ain't what he used to be... he's probably right now about the same level as Ben, to be honest.. saying anything else sounds like homerism to me, you can't tell me brett's skills haven't declined somewhat.
Oh no doubt Brett is on his way out but I dont see anything that Ben does better then Brett on the football field. And I was about to edit and sayif anything it is a wash between the two so i can agree with that part. If Ben can produce like this for a couple more years I will put him up in the topQB's but for me right now he is just good.

Nice heart by the Steelers at the end...even though they made some plays it shouldn't have came to that#@#%....

4 straight 100 yard games for Fred...my dude...

theone2401 wrote:

I mean - if you're just going off who has had the better career, i'll start Elway over Ben? I'm sure he can still throw it.. we're talking about the here and now however, favre is still good but ain't what he used to be... he's probably right now about the same level as Ben, to be honest.. saying anything else sounds like homerism to me, you can't tell me brett's skills haven't declined somewhat.
Oh no doubt Brett is on his way out but I dont see anything that Ben does better then Brett on the football field. And I was about to edit and say if anything it is a wash between the two so i can agree with that part. If Ben can produce like this for a couple more years I will put him up in the top QB's but for me right now he is just good.

I actually think Ben is a lot like a young Brett... both very much playmakers, but don't really do things the conventional way... Brett has the betterarm, for sure.. but Ben sometimes will drill guys on those little sit-down routes and really reminds me of Brett the way he winds up on them.. I just thinkthey're pretty similar players, but I see why people are skeptical of Ben still, he's still got some growing to do but I only put two quarterbacksfirmly ahead of him right now.. those are the only two i'd trade him for right now are brady and mannings.

pimp.gif
the respect Fred Gets from opponents

Nothing but class

he owns us. we gotta respect him.
laugh.gif

I can understand picking Ben over Favre for the past year and a half. But this year? I don't know how you can. Call me a, "homer" or whatever itis y'all say. But Farve is looking like the qb you want not named Brady/Peyton. The only thing Favre can't do like he used to is run. If you thinkotherwise, then there's no more trying to convince you.

Back
Top Bottom