[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

"Who Dat" is
smokin.gif
smile.gif
pimp.gif
devil.gif

He has the superb lyricism and metaphors (as usual) plus the catchy chorus!

"Who Dat? Who Dat? Snitch, I got that flame!"

C'mon ya'll.. N'z & B'z are gonna be recitin' that like a muh'...

Great single choice Cole
glasses.gif

False. You'll only hear this on satellite radio at best.

Lets be real. Its cool and I like it but its better as an album cut than a representative effort of his first foray into fans pockets.

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

"Who Dat" is
smokin.gif
smile.gif
pimp.gif
devil.gif

Great single choice Cole
glasses.gif

Lets be real. Its cool and I like it but its better as an album cut than a representative effort of his first foray into fans pockets.
No. let's REALLY be real. what has anyone seen from Coles' own tracks that show he can make a single suitable for radio play? Just because dudes been killin every verse he's on doesn't mean he has shown mainstream appeal in his own work...this is a pretty damn good representation of him IMO...dude should've got something from 'Ye though, a collab with CuDi would've been a GREAT look for Coles' first single...

Originally Posted by YoUNg bR3aD

Originally Posted by mjhead23

http://limelinx.com/files...60b8fb1660e5997dc7b8990b

Drake speaks on J. Cole

I'm at work so I can't listen...
Could someone help me out with the cliffs??

Thanks!
I guess they asked Drake about what J.Coles new songs where it seems like he might be throwing shots. Drake said he can see where ppl might be tryna stir something up and he hopes Cole doesnt feed into and do something irrational cuz he's a big fan and he was supposed to be on the album but didnt make the cutoff date or something ad that he might have a bonus on TML with Cole and Lupe.

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

Originally Posted by YoUNg bR3aD

Originally Posted by mjhead23

http://limelinx.com/files...60b8fb1660e5997dc7b8990b

Drake speaks on J. Cole

I'm at work so I can't listen...
Could someone help me out with the cliffs??

Thanks!
I guess they asked Drake about what J.Coles new songs where it seems like he might be throwing shots. Drake said he can see where ppl might be tryna stir something up and he hopes Cole doesnt feed into and do something irrational cuz he's a big fan and he was supposed to be on the album but didnt make the cutoff date or something ad that he might have a bonus on TML with Cole and Lupe.

Good Look....

It did seem like he was throwin shots to me tho...

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

"Who Dat" is
smokin.gif
smile.gif
pimp.gif
devil.gif

Great single choice Cole
glasses.gif

No. let's REALLY be real. what has anyone seen from Coles' own tracks that show he can make a single suitable for radio play? Just because dudes been killin every verse he's on doesn't mean he has shown mainstream appeal in his own work...this is a pretty damn good representation of him IMO...dude should've got something from 'Ye though, a collab with CuDi would've been a GREAT look for Coles' first single...

So you're going to disagree with me to agree with me? I swear some of ya'll just want to be heard.

J. Cole fan, no doubt!....but i gotta say...out of all the new music to come out this week from vets to rookies....this Who Dat is on the losing end!

its like big time amatuer status right now, his whole sound... i understand him tryin to stand on his on two...but he in the big leagues now

i mess with son's music.  But "Who Dat" aint gonna make a big impact mainstream wise.
I know i might be the only one who thinks this but i really feel like "Playground" coulda given him more mainstream appeal, just add a verse to it n maybe change the beat a little bit.

But hell what do I know. 

Dudes keep talking mainstream wise. Its not even that hot in the first place. Its just cool. I know he got some real heat.

Also i dont see them shots yall talkin about he said in the song. quotables?

Who Dat >>>>> Over

If Who Dat was Drake's song you dudes would be jocking the song like there was no tomorrow.

Originally Posted by DaBossA

Who Dat >>>>> Over

If Who Dat was Drake's song you dudes would be jocking the song like there was no tomorrow.

not really. The beat of Over is more than 51% of the damn appeal to the song. Who Dat sounds like something Nas will end up picking for his next LP and continue his trend of having depressing album cuts.
grin.gif

DaBossA wrote:
Who Dat >>>>> Over

not really. The beat of Over is more than 51% of the damn appeal to the song. Who Dat sounds like something Nas will end up picking for his next LP and continue his trend of having depressing album cuts.
grin.gif

Do you know no shame?

have you ever made a post that didnt directly or indirectly reference Drake

come out the closet already and just admit it

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

NT A&R's and record exec's
roll.gif
laugh.gif

nah but on the real a lot of these NTers could be better A&R's and Exec's than the dudes in charge.

At least Over's beat is ill. This beat on Who Dat is mediocre. Now imagine if Cole had Over. Now THAT would be something.

Who Dat >>>>> Over

grin.gif
Seriously can you just go back to the Drake thread.

You already destroyed the Drake thread with all the slurping can you please not destroy this one.

Who Dat >>>>> Over

grin.gif

You already destroyed the Drake thread with all the slurping can you please not destroy this one.

I like the damn J Cole song...Ive played it maybe 15 times already in iTunes...its just boring as hell. Thats the point. You want people to pay for this? This song? This is what you want people to start judging you by? C'mon...it should have been stronger and i'm not the only one who thinks that way.  You're lying if you think otherwise. "B_ I got that flame"...thats not even catchy...come on now. Doesn't take away form the fact its a good song, but this ...this ain't the one.

Who Dat >>>>> Over

really bro...Who Dat better than Over really??...its not even a #$%#$ song, its 3 hot verses

Who Dat serves no purpose unless u walk with an Ipod stuck on ya person...Over is good at Club,sporting events, greek shows, proms...n alotta other issh

Edit: Even Young Chris came through with a more single quality song Young Chris – The Edge (feat. tU pHAce)
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I Think Cole sums it up perfectly about the "Who Dat" single selection in a interview at Southern Connecticut St. University, this isn't your average rapper, we're dealing with an intelligent dude here...:

9. Lastly, is the album still looking for a summer release?

Yeah. All depends how the single does and the next single. It’s the official
single. I like it because I feel like its something the fans can brag about. We
knew when we put it out, its not like a number one. We weren’t aiming for the
charts but its something that’ll get my core fan base excited and get more fans.
I feel like Jay had a perfect single selection. From ‘DOA’ to ‘Run This Town’
all led up to ‘Empire State of Mind’ perfectly. I wanna kinda try to follow,
it’ll be ill, because ‘DOA’ and even ‘Run This Town’, people was like I dunno
how its gonna do but it was all leading up to ‘ESM.’

Who Dat >>>>> Over

grin.gif
STOP

Who Dat >>>>> Over

grin.gif

I like the damn J Cole song...Ive played it maybe 15 times already in iTunes...its just boring as hell.
The clown posts some more dumb %@%@. I don't know what's sadder/funnier that you played a "boring" song 15 times or that in your mind it makes sense to like a "boring" song.

People saying Cole can't make a catchy radio friendly song must not have ever heard "Lights Please". Girls on my fb who absolutley LOVE gucci, boosie, hurricane chris, drake, weezy...#!%@ like that, had a line or the hook as there status.

I know it's an old track, but homie can make mainstream single, and he will before this album drops.

Originally Posted by Changethegame

I Think Cole sums it up perfectly about the "Who Dat" single selection in a interview at Southern Connecticut St. University, this isn't your average rapper, we're dealing with an intelligent dude here...:

9. Lastly, is the album still looking for a summer release?

Yeah. All depends how the single does and the next single. It’s the official
single. I like it because I feel like its something the fans can brag about. We
knew when we put it out, its not like a number one. We weren’t aiming for the
charts but its something that’ll get my core fan base excited and get more fans.
I feel like Jay had a perfect single selection. From ‘DOA’ to ‘Run This Town’
all led up to ‘Empire State of Mind’ perfectly. I wanna kinda try to follow,
it’ll be ill, because ‘DOA’ and even ‘Run This Town’, people was like I dunno
how its gonna do but it was all leading up to ‘ESM.’
That makes sense, makes a lot of sense.

Back
Top Bottom