[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

Why so aggressive ? It's only NT.

Oh it wads joke? You thought I would laugh?

Listening to the album now is not that bad just really slow tempo. The Jcole fans over hyped this album on social media before it dropped that's why some ppl are disappointed.

FHD
Sideline Story
4 Your Eyez Only
Born Sinner
I agree with this.

Posted how I feel about the album on facebook and had a few friends attacking me for no reason. "Man this album is classic" "How you feeling FHD over this" "How can you base your opinion after 2 days" "You know damn well Ab Soul album isn't better". smh lo

Taking care of your pregnant girl is simping. Yall some lonely *** dudes :lol:
Young boy talk still
Facts. Fold clothes aint bad, personally I like it. It sounds like a track dedication to his wife. NTers though gone front like they ain't out here doing more outlandish schift than folding clothes for their girl.

i think its clear this album speaks to men at a certain stage in their life.

This album speak to me directly, i come from that same environment.  Pops, uncles and cousins washed away in the system or trying to survive after being locked in, me becoming a more conscious man in this world, in a neighborhood now where at first i was looked at sideways(i guess i wasnt suppose to be here), now being a first time father to a beautiful daughter and having a amazing woman in my life that i appreciate. 

if i was ever caught during one of my many stupid choices in my past then none of this could be here for me. exactly what this album is saying. 

All this. Every word.

This is my current favorite Cole album with FHD as a very close second but it could honestly change. Only had two days of listening and I been listening to Tech N9ne and Soulos album in between but 4YEO is digesting very well. Rarely do I get a 10 track album that I don't delete at least two songs from but this is staying in its entirety.

The outro is perfect by the way.

I ain't really feeling this. I like the messages but the music ain't really good.

Immortal
Change
Neighbors
4 Your Eyez Only

Are good records everything else was boring. The beats are bad and his rapping wasn't up to his standard and I never liked when try to sing. Those She's Mine joints are bad. I'm not even saying he simping cuz it's nothing with praising your woman but the songs are bad. Throw Fold Clothes in there too. Those 2 songs he dropped last week had me thinking Cole was bout to snap on this but nah.

Last edited:
I wonder how the public would react to a truly yours cd

That's probably my favorite Cole. Bars on bars on bars.

Last edited:
Knew he was gonna break 500k. Dude is an anamoly man. ****** (not in here) were acting like I was crazy for saying he would clear 500k first week

Last edited:
Born Sinner still my favourite Cole album.

Though I think Cole can top it at some point . It will be hard to Top Born Sinner because musically it hit on so many levels and themes.

I like what in hearing off first listen though

I ain't really feeling this. I like the messages but the music ain't really good.

Immortal
Change
Neighbors
4 Your Eyez Only

Are good records everything else was boring. The beats are bad and his rapping wasn't up to his standard and I never liked when try to sing. Those She's Mine joints are bad. I'm not even saying he simping cuz it's nothing with praising your woman but the songs are bad. Throw Fold Clothes in there too. Those 2 songs he dropped last week had me thinking Cole was bout to snap on this but nah.
Pretty much my sentiments.

Last edited:
i think its clear this album speaks to men at a certain stage in their life.

This album speak to me directly, i come from that same environment.  Pops, uncles and cousins washed away in the system or trying to survive after being locked in, me becoming a more conscious man in this world, in a neighborhood now where at first i was looked at sideways(i guess i wasnt suppose to be here), now being a first time father to a beautiful daughter and having a amazing woman in my life that i appreciate. 

if i was ever caught during one of my many stupid choices in my past then none of this could be here for me. exactly what this album is saying. 

tier 1: Immortal, Ville Mentality, Neighbors, Foldin Clothes, Shes Mine pt 2, 4 your eyes only
tier 2: whom the bell and Change
tier 3: SHes mine pt1 and Deja vu

It definitely speaks to black men at a certain stage in their lift and address what it means to be a "real black man" in our community. I've sat with this album a bit more and the message and story he told is really dope about Black masculinity and the things that truly matter in regards to being a man.

Not saying that someone has to like this Cole album but I think peoples "expectations" for forumlaic albums hurts their ability to appreciate the message and vibe of this album. As some of have stated on here they expected more songs that knock or Cole to rap aggressively. That's all good and well but those kinds of songs would not have fit the subject matter that was relayed on this album.

No offense to anyone but I think people always projecting their expectations of what an album should sound like before they even listen to it hinders them from being able to enjoy the music.

Overall I wouldn't call it a great album but it is a good concept album, that lacks great songs outside of the title track. However it is an album that has a very powerful message and I applaud Cole tremendously for delivering that message and seeing his growth with storytelling throughout his career while putting out a formulaic rap album.

IG is disgusting right now. I hate when it comes to artists like Cole and others and when people don't feel their projects its always because you dont understand this you don't understand that or you dont relate to it. I dont have to relate to it in order to like it. Like many have said, the music and aspects associated with it are subpar, the message is fine.

Of commercial releases:

FHD
SS
4 Your Eyes Only
Born Sinner

But FNL is his best stuff.

Back
Top Bottom